Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Building On The RBA Base
I ordered the RBA Base and Adapter at VapeNW.com (sorry Joyetech, cost me $18 Shipped) and I must say that I am extremely impressed with their ship times. Ordered Friday evening, received Monday. From Washington State (West Coast) to South Carolina (East Coast)

I am going to be giving my initial impressions of the RBA Base and 510 Adapter (to check resistance) as soon as I get time.

The order has already arrived at my home, I'm just waiting to get there to check it out.

It's a good thing that I didn't spend any more money on this eGrip cause after the port charging issue, they sent me a replacement which worked fantastic for a couple of months, then it is completely DEAD! No lights, No charging.....NOTHING! They are replacing this defective model so I'm very please that, once again, they are standing behind their products. Thank you!

Stay Tuned For MORE!
Whatever you do, STAY OFF THOSE STINKIES!!!

[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=34289]
Ok, so I purchased the RBA Base and 510 Adapter. Checked resistance on pre-built, installed coil....1.4ohms. Installed RBA and commenced chain vaping. Flavor and Vapor were outstanding, but leaking seems to be an issue. It's not always leaking, but if it turns upside down, the liquid leaks out through the drip tip. Every once in awhile I do get a drop or two out of the bottom of the base (air hole).

I have found that arranging the wicking material in a specific manner helps to alleviate some of the leaking, but I'm still struggling to get it to stop leaking completely.

If it weren't for the flavor and clouds that this little monster demonstrates, I'd have put it away in a drawer with all of the other E-Cig products that I've attempted to use.

I will keep everyone updated and post pictures of my best configuration, once found.....until then...STAY TUNED!

(03-26-2015, 12:41 AM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  ooooh luck forward to hearing your views 微笑 I'm tempted to get the RBA but am unsure 悲伤 Too be honest the way it comes suits me just fine

Since I started vaping, I've been rebuilding Pro Tank 2 single coils (micro-coils) to save costs.  The PT2 coils were easy to build and are used in many different tanks.  EVOD, PT2, MT3, just to name a few.  So, building or rebuilding coils is something that I've enjoyed doing for a quite a while now.  

Don't get me wrong, when I got the EGrip, I was flabbergasted at the amount of flavor and vapor coming from this little device and truely believe that I could have been happy with the Joyetech CS Heads (coils).  Although, the price is what turned me towards the RBA Base.  

The RBA Base includes one pre-made coil, installed.  There are two more pre-made coils in the packaging, along with organic cotton and (i believe) 30ga Kanthal wire to make more.  Screwdriver and replacement screws are also included.  

For $8.99 + shipping, I don't think that it's something that should be overlooked.  If you're used to building micro-coils, it's a no-brainer, if not...there's always a learning curve.  

I also picked up the 510 Adapter, so I could read the resistance of the coils I make.  I simply take the base and drop it in the adaper, screw on the lid and place it on top of my MVP2, check to make sure it's above 1.2ohms and into the EGrip it goes.

The airflow is miles above the stock CS Coils and being a "lung hitter", that made the possibility of regretting my purchase non-existent.  

With the RBA Base, I get more of EVERYTHING, including more liquid use, throat hit, etc.  I have found that lower nic levels are definitely in order cause the throat hit with this thing is MUCH more than I'm used to!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-26-2015, 01:56 AM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  i'm gonna bite the bullet off to order one .Thank you for your updates 微笑

My pleasure Vapeoholic! I ordered both the Base and Adapter for less than $20 shipped. That was the least expensive I could find.

Please feel free to hijack this thread and report back to us regarding your likes, dislikes, builds, etc. 大咧嘴

I can't seem to get this eGrip to last more than a couple of hours before having to recharge. I don't know if the unit is defective or not, but it doesn't matter cause there's no warranty on products that are won on here!

Also, leaking is an issue with the RBA Base installed. Unknown at this time whether it is the coils I'm building. Tried one of the pre-made coils that are included and still getting some leaking through air hole.

Almost to the point of going back to my MVP2 with Aspire Nautilus....key word there being "almost" 大咧嘴 The flavor and vapor production far outweigh the dripping, right now.

I'll get some pics up of my coil build when I get a chance.

Figure out the leaking issues.  There is a rubber grommet/gasket that sits on the lid of the RBA that has clearly gone missing.  Joyetech doesn't agree that there is a gasket here, but it's clearly seen on their own website pictures.  

Also, I have since learned that filling through the flip up door also no longer works.  It leaks out of the air hole in the base when filled this way....so I'm having to remove the RBA every time I have to fill with liquid.  Not really a big deal, but something must be wrong, internally, for this to happen.  

Joyetech does not warranty the prizes won because they are gifts and as such, they have no invoices, so no way to track.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi, buddy. Thanks for your patient.
Actually, we don't provide after sale service to the prizes.
However, we should be responsible for each customer, your support and love are our motive power. Joyetech will never let you down.
We've known your problem and we will solve it as soon as we can.
Awesome Walter. I look forward to discussing options available. Thanks again.

This is the way I built one coil.  This gives a little tighter draw than I typically like, although some may like some restricted airflow.  I have not experienced any negative effects of this build.  Flavor and Vapor production were still excellent and I experienced little leaking.  I used 30ga Kanthal A-1 wrapped 6 times on a 1.5mm hex key (allen wrench).  I have not tested this for resistance, but they're normally around 1.4-1.6ohms.  

Enjoy the pictures!

Carefully move the cotton with tweezers, laying it clockwise around the base and gently pushing down into the tray. Soak with favorite e-liquid (I only use 100% VG) carefully screw tube and lid on (don't forget the silicone gasket on top) and VAPE AWAY!

Unfortunately, I can't seem to keep the eGrip w/RBA from leaking. I was sent a replacement, thank you Joyetech, but the new one seems to leak as well.