Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question please
微笑 
I have just bought a Cubis pro plus extra 1.5 Clapton coils to go with my Reuleaux 2/3.

I am a mouth to lung vaper and don't want to go into the sub-ohm route tbh ..... but in future who knows 眨眼 I'm coming from an Aspire Nautilus 1.8ohm on a very basic Mod [Hades 5000] so am a bit lost on the settings.

As I understand it I should set the Reuleaux to VW .... fine, got that, anything else?
Hello, alexia.

As far as I know the Joyetech clapton coils are made with Kanthal wire. The resistance of that kind of wire does not change very much with temperature and is not suitable for temperature controlled vaping. Since the cost per puff of vaping rises rapidly with temperature it will be cheaper to start at the minimum power of the atomizer and work up from there.

When I first bought my Cubis Pro the high power coils were working great but a full tank would not last a whole day. Then I switched to the 0.6 ohm atomizer that originally came with the AIO and am loving it. Now a full tank lasts more than a day but with enough flow for tight DTL draw.

Happy vaping!
(01-20-2017, 02:57 AM)Murray B Wrote:  Hello, alexia.

As far as I know the Joyetech clapton coils are made with Kanthal wire.  The resistance of that kind of wire does not change very much with temperature and is not suitable for temperature controlled vaping.  Since the cost per puff of vaping rises rapidly with temperature it will be cheaper to start at the minimum power of the atomizer and work up from there.  

When I first bought my Cubis Pro the high power coils were working great but a full tank would not last a whole day.  Then I switched to the 0.6 ohm atomizer that originally came with the AIO and am loving it.  Now a full tank lasts more than a day but with enough flow for tight DTL draw.  

Happy vaping!

Hi Murray :-), thanks hugely for the response

Yes, I've already noticed the thirsty tank lol. I'm currently using the Reuleaux on VW with the 1.50 ohm [and yes, its Kanthal wire] and running on 10 watt [volts are 3.95 at the mo] and air fully closed. Its fine, I have no issues at all except the taste is a bit bland tbh but higher watts is too much of a hit.
What settings do you run the 0.6 ohm at?
(01-20-2017, 04:15 PM)alexia Wrote:  Hi Murray :-), thanks hugely for the response

Yes, I've already noticed the thirsty tank lol. I'm currently using the Reuleaux on VW with the 1.50 ohm [and yes, its Kanthal wire] and running on 10 watt [volts are 3.95 at the mo] and air fully closed. Its fine, I have no issues at all except the taste is a bit bland tbh but higher watts is too much of a hit.
What settings do you run the 0.6 ohm at?

Hello, Alexia, and you are hugely welcome.

Your mod is powerful enough for competitive vaping but also works well at lower power levels. It reminds me of the old Ferrari 400 Automatic with powerful V-12 engine but an easy to use automatic transmission. My mods are like a Toyota Corolla or Mini Cooper. They won't win any races but they are reliable and cheap to run.

My Cubis pro with 0.6 ohm atomizer is attached to my Vaporesso Target mini right now. It is set to SS316 temperature control and a temperature of 340F. The mini does not have any other settings but the preheat is about 40 watts for 0.2 seconds. If I use that atomizer on my eVic VTC mini then I set the temp to SS316 340F and the wattage to 15 (the minimum for the atomizer) and a pre-heat to 21.5 (middle of the power range for the atomizer).

Since I vape unflavoured liquid from 9 mg/ml to 12.5 mg/ml strength the taste does not matter to me.
Since I make my own juice from concentrate I know it is difficult to find pre-made liquids that are right for the way I vape. The amount of flavouring must be altered for each different power level to give the best flavour. Many people wind up making their own juice to get exactly the flavour they want. Some shops sell juice with extra flavouring for people that like to vape at lower power levels.

By the way, it is not that you are doing something wrong but that almost everyone has trouble finding juice that is right for them.
微笑 
Thanks so very much Murray, seriously this does help and I may just go the sub-ohm route once I've got used to the whole thing as its a major upgrade from the M Mode I had 转眼珠

The base is easy to get here [bulgaria] but we are pretty limited on flavour concentrates so may need to think about getting a bit sent over to try first ... then bulk order. I've tried the few that are here but they are pretty gross tbh.

I've made a note of your settings so it gives me a starting point ..... thanks again and love your analogy pmsl. All the VERY best to you xx