Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Port slid into eVic VTC Mini
I'm having this problem on my Black eVic VTC Mini same problem mentioned in this thread http://social.joyetech.com/showthread.php?tid=360
I doubt I can find any warranty and serial number because it is the one I won here on the social, and I have so many VTC Mini's hehe.
I may have to disassemble the unit and attempt a repair but for now the device is working OK. I charge the batteries in an external charger. I'm just afraid the wires to the USB inside the device may short and cause problems. I can see the metal has slid to the back of the board. Has anyone attempted this repair?
Wow, a non Spam bot post. Rip it apart, it's only a couple screws.

I'd remove and resolder. Take it to a RC Hobby store or electronics guy to resolder. I know my old shaky hands couldn't do it.
(11-18-2016, 11:10 PM)big_vape Wrote:  Wow, a non Spam bot post. Rip it apart, it's only a couple screws.

I'd remove and resolder. Take it to a RC Hobby store or electronics guy to resolder. I know my old shaky hands couldn't do it.

It is just 2 screws but for those folks reading this beware the spring loaded top battery contact will shoot off into never land if you don't catch it as you slide the innards out of the body!