Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning mouth/throat
悲伤 
Have had the ego aio for about a week. Everytime I go to first use the device after it hasn't been used for a while it burns my mouth and throat and lacks flavour of the juice. When I say burn I mean burn. There is plenty of mist/vape but it burns everywhere especially on exhale, you're left with a raw feeling croaky throat. I have had friends try it and they describe it as unbearable.

It seems do disappear once the device has warmed up. Then the vape is smooth as a whistle for all.

I have tried everything I can think of to try and prevent this. I have swapped coils ensuring they're primed. I've changed coil from 0.6 ohm to 1.0 ohm. I have tried various juice including nicotine free (currently using 50/50). I have tried giving it priming vapes before using with it switched off. I have tried loosening the cap.

Im thinking it could be caused by the juice not wicking properly? Is this normal for this device any other ideas?
Hi there, it's wired to see that. So the brunt taste only happens when you left it sit for some time and reuse again? All I can suggest is that, take a new 0.6ohm head, prime the coil, inhale without button on and use it. Let's check and see.
(11-11-2016, 02:32 PM)Kermit Wrote:  Hi there, it's wired to see that. So the brunt taste only happens when you left it sit for some time and reuse again? All I can suggest is that, take a new 0.6ohm head, prime the coil, inhale without button on and use it. Let's check and see.

I have tried this with three coils now! I have ensured they are primed. It works the first time it's used after priming but again if I don't use the device for an hour the problem starts. My flatmate has now purchased the same device is also having the same problem with theirs.
When it is not being used make sure it is standing up & not laying down
(11-12-2016, 06:18 PM)gfdeputy2 Wrote:  When it is not being used make sure it is standing up & not laying down

Do you mean to say that if it's laid down horizontally or perhaps carried horizontally (and tossed about), there could be problems?

(11-12-2016, 06:18 PM)gfdeputy2 Wrote:  When it is not being used make sure it is standing up & not laying down

Do you mean to say that if it's laid down horizontally or perhaps carried horizontally (and tossed about), there could be problems?
Yes the coil will not wick the juice or will have a hard time wicking juice which will result in dry hits for the fort hit or two
I am final, I am sorry, but it is necessary for me little bit more information.
I know this may be coming a bit late but I thought I'd respond.

I've had my eGO AIO for 6 days and had the same issue.  After trial and error I found out what has resolved it.

First, make sure the coil has been primed correctly.  After placing 5 drops of e-liquid on the coil and screwing in place (I unscrew it just slightly) you need to take 3 to 5 drags on it WITHOUT pressing the fire button.  This will draw up more e-liquid into the coil.  If you have gurgling and popping, you can pull the mouthpiece tip out and use a cotton swab to remove the excess e-liquid from the bowl.  I will occasionally still get that burning but it's easy to fix. Unscrew the top, slightly lift it off and screw back down.  When I do this is releases a lot of bubbles and goes back to vaping correctly.