Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eVic Series Resistance doesn't lock
Hi I'm using the BF 316 SS 1.0 ohm coil on a cubis tank on a Evic VTC MIni.
I can´t get the resistance to lock in TC. The ohms jumps when I press the fire button.
I'm vaping with 265°C and 17 watts.
Here´s a example https://youtu.be/Sw5gjYJDeIc
Can anybody help me? 悲伤
Thank You,
Alejandro
The base resistance will be locked in. What you are seing is the live resistance as the coil is heating up. This resistance rise is how it is possible to regulate the temperature.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(09-26-2016, 11:42 PM)louiesquared Wrote:  The base resistance will be locked in. What you are seing is the live resistance as the coil is heating up. This resistance rise is how it is possible to regulate the temperature.

Thanks for the repply! So it's normal?
What do you think of my setting? Is It too much temperature?
Thanks!
Alejandro
(09-27-2016, 01:18 AM)alemacdonald Wrote:  
(09-26-2016, 11:42 PM)louiesquared Wrote:  The base resistance will be locked in. What you are seing is the live resistance as the coil is heating up. This resistance rise is how it is possible to regulate the temperature.

Thanks for the repply! So it's normal?
What do you think of my setting? Is It too much temperature?
Thanks!
Alejandro

Yes, This is normal.

If the vape is warm enough for you at 265°C then keep using that setting. As far as wattage goes it is best to set the wattage to a point where the device does not hit temp protection too quickly or to slow. Vape in front of a mirror and watch the display. If it hits Temp Protection in less than a couple seconds the wattage is too high. If it takes longer than 4 seconds or nevers hits Temp Protection then it is too low.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
If you allow me to comment on the settings, 265 C is a bit on the high side. 17 W is alright for the 1 ohm coil.

I personally try staying below 260 C. I start the 1 ohm coil usually with 235 C, climbing up a bit when the coil gets older. Regarding the wattage what I do is vape the SS coil in Power Mode to find the best sweet spot for me, and then transfer this wattage into power mode, may be set 2 - 3 W higher.