Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SPAM BOTS RUNNING WILD!!!
OK, as we know there is a war on spam. But I also know you see less now? The methods in place usually purge the spammers before a second spam post can be posted. Sometimes however spam can be missed, so If you find spam posts that were missed please copy the web address to the post number and send the link in a PM to me and I will personally do what has to be done to remove the post from the forum.

If a post does not conform to the Joyetech Social posting rules shown at Kermits post "All you should know on Joyetech Social forum" the post can be removed.

Thanks in advance
CosmicTruth
(07-16-2017, 08:36 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  OK, as we know there is a war on spam. But I also know you see less now? The methods in place usually purge the spammers before a second spam post can be posted. Sometimes however spam can be missed, so If you find spam posts that were missed please copy the web address to the post number and send the link in a PM to me and I will personally do what has to be done to remove the post from the forum.

If a post does not conform to the Joyetech Social posting rules shown at Kermits post "All you should know on Joyetech Social forum" the post can be removed.

Thanks in advance
CosmicTruth

Will you zap them with your Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator? 眨眼
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(07-18-2017, 02:49 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  
(07-16-2017, 08:36 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  OK, as we know there is a war on spam.
<CLIP>
Thanks in advance
CosmicTruth
Will you zap them with your Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator?  眨眼

Exactly
____
Δ
Join us
Active reliable users do not need to have there posts approved so far there are 6 of us .

New members need to be sent to the email address they joined up with a questionaire as to why they want to join and who referred them ... No reply to email they are not allowed to join . This should be done before they are accepted onto the forum

There is no point in doing this in a thread on the forum because as we have seen this is also getting spammed . I'm constantly removing spam on a daily basis

Email to the person wanting to join us is the only way forward on this ....a max 30 word reply is what is needed not just a hello yes I want to join ......

Inactive members -We have being over run by members who join up only to never post what is the point If you look through the members list there are more then 10O of these accounts that are just doing nothing I would Remove these accounts ! It's far better to have just a few active members on a forum then to have 1000 of members in the member list that don't participate.... If this is just to make the forum look more active then that is wrong .....

these are the main problems that I'm seeing on here ...

@kermit
夸奖 
@Vapeoholic, I think that would help.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(07-18-2017, 02:23 PM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  Active reliable users do not need to have there posts approved so far there are 6 of us .

New members need to be sent to the email address they joined up with a questionaire as to why they want to join and who referred them ... No reply to email they are not allowed to join . This should be done before they are accepted onto the forum

There is no point in doing this in a thread  on the forum because as we have seen this is also getting spammed . I'm constantly removing spam on a daily basis

Email to the person wanting to join us is the only way forward on this ....a max 30 word reply is what is needed not just a hello yes I want to join ......

Inactive members -We have being over run by members who join up only to never post what is the point If you look through the members list there are more then 10O of these accounts that are just doing nothing I would Remove these accounts ! It's far better to have just a few active members on a forum then to have 1000 of members in the member list that don't participate.... If this is just to make the forum look more active then that is wrong .....

@kermit
Agreed, I'm gonna work out some details based on your proposal. Sorry for being inactive for the past several months guys.
(07-18-2017, 02:23 PM)Vapeoholic Wrote:  Active reliable users do not need to have there posts approved so far there are 6 of us .

Wonder who are the 6?
It's getting better now compare to yrs back.

My all time favourite device - eVic VT
(07-19-2017, 09:44 AM)Smok_King Wrote:  

Wonder who are the 6?
It's getting better now compare to yrs back.

not naming names but we know who we are lol 微笑

(07-19-2017, 09:01 AM)Kermit Wrote:  

There is no point in doing this in a thread  on the forum because as we have seen this is also getting spammed . I'm constantly removing spam on a daily basis

@kermit
Agreed, I'm gonna work out some details based on your proposal. Sorry for being inactive for the past several months guys.

Nice one Kermit微笑 No need to apologize we all have lives away from social 微笑
BTW, I never saw so tense bot attacks before. A thread for new users is permanently flooded by them. It's a big job for moderators, but they are ace here - no single bot gets through.
Shop administrator at Vardex, Russia.
(07-20-2017, 02:50 PM)Crazybasil Wrote:  BTW, I never saw so tense bot attacks before. A thread for new users is permanently flooded by them. It's a big job for moderators, but they are ace here - no single bot gets through.

Thank you for the Acknowledgement, It is a tough job. Do not under any circumstances click their links, several links I have tested go to a virus ridden php page. So clicking their link is like playing Russian Roulette. Well I better get back to work, So i'll deploy all my anti-bot bots!
Maybe you can tell me Basil, where did that phrase "Russian Roulette" come from?
____
Δ
Join us