Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SPAM BOTS RUNNING WILD!!!
Just as I thought with a staff on holiday our forum is again plastered in CRAP. I'm so tired if this, obviously simply approving new threads is not working. We need a question or Captcha box for all new posts, I really like this forum but I think I'm going to leave it be until this issue is resolved. I just don't think there will be anyone left if this issue is dealt with at Joyetech's speed. Please do something NOW to fix this spam issue.

Axleofevil
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
Captcha + and someone constantly watching and instantly deleting. At least for a while.
See you boys in a week or two. I do find it slightly humorous that they haven't posted here.
I offered awhile ago to help moderate & help keep up with the spam could help cut it down since I am in the USA so on different time than the Admins & that offer still stands the other problem I see I believe Kermit said all New member posts has to be approved I don't think that setup is working nobody on to approve yet there are close to 100 spam posts
(10-05-2016, 05:37 PM)gfdeputy2 Wrote:  I offered awhile ago to help moderate & help keep up with the spam could help cut it down since I am in the USA so on different time than the Admins & that offer still stands the other problem I see I believe Kermit said all New member posts has to be approved I don't think that setup is working nobody on to approve yet there are close to 100 spam posts

It's not new posts that require approval it's new threads. Funny never seen a spam bot create a new thread wonder why they actually thought it would make any difference. Also I extended the same offer to help moderate, never got an answer either way.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
use ReCaptcha. https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html

Use at registration and if needed new threads and posts.
This place is absolutey worthless right now. I really hope they fix things when they get back from Holiday. I enjoy posting here but if things remain the same I'll be on my way.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(10-06-2016, 02:00 AM)user359 Wrote:  use ReCaptcha. https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html

Use at registration and if needed new threads and posts.

They have that on there for the registration, humans circumvent that then run a script.
I think they need to do manual email requests to make an account where the user would answer a questionnaire and a moderator would create approved accounts.

There are several security add ons for this BB system that need to get looked at.
____
Δ
Join us
(10-09-2016, 08:09 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  snip ...
I think they need to do manual email requests to make an account where the user would answer a questionnaire and a moderator would create approved accounts.

Oh good you are still here! They should come back tomorrow and see the disaster. That will take hours of cleaning up work.
(10-05-2016, 09:17 PM)Axleofevil Wrote:  
(10-05-2016, 05:37 PM)gfdeputy2 Wrote:  I offered awhile ago to help moderate & help keep up with the spam could help cut it down since I am in the USA so on different time than the Admins & that offer still stands the other problem I see I believe Kermit said all New member posts has to be approved I don't think that setup is working nobody on to approve yet there are close to 100 spam posts

It's not new posts that require approval it's new threads.  Funny never seen a spam bot create a new thread wonder why they actually thought it would make any difference.  Also I extended the same offer to help moderate, never got an answer either way.
For a while a couple months back it was posts & threads