Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you like the Preheat?
So guys, what do you think of the preheat function? Have you ever tried it yet?

Basically, the preheat function allows the device to run at a higher wattage to heat up the coil instantly prior to its normal use.
This is especially an essential when using an RDA, RTA, ceramic heads and so on. It can also prolong the coil’s life and achieve a better taste.

So let's talk about the pros and cons of the preheat function then.
Any suggestions?

[Image: 199A0135.jpg]
I like it please make it available for TC and TCR modes. The new look not so much I would like the old interface with larger numbers.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
I like it! its sort of a background item that the device will work fine if the user never finds it, but will also enhance the devices operation when it is found and utilized.
Preheat is a very useful function to have available - if you want to use it.

I use low wattage single coils (usually around 10-12w in use) and have a preheat of 20w @ 0.3 seconds just to get the coil primed.

It can also help with a coil that is a bit old and not working as well as when it was new, so a little boost can help without needing to turn the wattage up.

If you use "wet" coils with a thick wick it can also help to initially burn off any excess liquid that has soaked into the wick.

I suppose it could also help warm up thick wire/big builds, although I don`t use those types of coil.
(09-09-2016, 09:16 PM)Axleofevil Wrote:  I like it please make it available for TC and TCR modes.  The new look not so much I would like the old interface with larger numbers.

Actually, there's no need to add preheat on TC cause when the device fires up to the set temperature it'll run at the power and temp you set.
Loving it. Can taste all the fruits in my mixed flavours by playing with preheat wattage.
i use it too, its a nice feature.
my setting is: 22 W with 26 W preheat for 0,3 sec. ( single coil 0,9 Ohm )
and it works better than the simple 22 W setting.
(09-27-2016, 12:04 AM)phiberguy2003 Wrote:  I cannot get into the preheat menu. Did upgrade to 5.14 and in off state hold fire button and + button, but it only does TCR menu. HELP!!!!!

The device has to be on for the preheat menu to appear.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(09-12-2016, 04:02 PM)Kermit Wrote:  
(09-09-2016, 09:16 PM)Axleofevil Wrote:  I like it please make it available for TC and TCR modes.  The new look not so much I would like the old interface with larger numbers.

Actually, there's no need to add preheat on TC cause when the device fires up to the set temperature it'll run at the power and temp you set.

It has been suggested me that is not the same thing.
The pre-heat is used to put the coil on temperature for just a limited time while if you set a too high wattage in TC mode to get the coil in temperature fast,
then the same wattage is kept all the time and the circuit will stop firing (going into Temperature Protection) brutally.

If it doesn't cost too much (time and money..LOL), I and many other would suggest to implement the same pre-heat in TC and TCR mode.
(09-28-2016, 10:37 PM)orkamiseria Wrote:  
(09-12-2016, 04:02 PM)Kermit Wrote:  

It has been suggested me that is not the same thing.
The pre-heat is used to put the coil on temperature for just a limited time while if you set a too high wattage in TC mode to get the coil in temperature fast,
then the same wattage is kept all the time and  the circuit will stop firing (going into Temperature Protection) brutally.

If it doesn't cost too much (time and money..LOL), I and many other would suggest to implement the same pre-heat in TC and TCR mode.

That's not how it works in TC. It is the same as Pre-Heat just without the time limit. Set the wattage high enough to reach your set temp within a couple seconds and the mod will regulate the power after the temp is reached. If you are getting a very noticeable pulsing in temp control your wattage is set too high and you are overshooting your set temp too quickly.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain