Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuboid Mini charger melted?
感叹 
Hey Neighbors!

First post so if I am not following some community rules or syntax please let me know. I tried to google this issue but nothing really came up. I have had my Cuboid Mini for about two weeks now, with no issues. I run a GeekVape Tsunami on it in either TC or power depending on build. Last night I plugged the box in to charge overnight as I have done every night since I purchased it and, this morning, the cable was warped, melted, and obviously scared the bajeezuz out of me. Has anyone seen this before? I just want to know what I did wrong.
wow, I have not heard of this happening but I know it's best to charge the removable batteries in an external smart charger. Like the intelicharger i2 made by NITECORE. other chargers just continue applying power to the device after the batteries are charged so must be watched to remove the device when it it charged.

search for NiteCore-i2-V2014 Universal Intelligent Charger for two Batteries Compatible With IMR/Li-ion
https://www.amazon.com/NiteCore-i2-V2014-Universal-Intelligent-Batteries-Compatible/dp/B009JMDD9U

Be sure you re install the batteries correctly, seems a lot of users having problems with that.
(09-05-2016, 08:28 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  wow, I have not heard of this happening but I know it's best to charge the removable batteries in an external smart charger. Like the intelicharger i2 made by NITECORE. other chargers just continue applying power to the device after the batteries are charged so must be watched to remove the device when it it charged.

search for NiteCore-i2-V2014 Universal Intelligent Charger for two Batteries Compatible With IMR/Li-ion
https://www.amazon.com/NiteCore-i2-V2014-Universal-Intelligent-Batteries-Compatible/dp/B009JMDD9U

Be sure you re install the batteries correctly, seems a lot of users having problems with that.

Cuboid Mini is whit internal battery
(09-05-2016, 09:54 PM)Sandyman Wrote:  Cuboid Mini is whit internal battery

Sorry I was thinking Cuboid. That shouldn't have happened. Contact the seller to see if they have a replacement. You can also send pictures and information to support@joyetech.com to see what they can do.
Hey folk,

Thanks for replying. I was not using the charger cable that came with it, I am guessing that this may have something to do with this? Any insight as to why it might have happened would be great
Of course they will tell you you need to used the supplied cable. And really, some cheaper cables can't take more than 350 - 400 mha. I measured that.

I am sorry if it annoys some.
I do not recommend devices with more than 20 or 25 W with integrated battery. And if then only if it has a robust charging port, not a for charging mis-used USB port.