Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEW UPDATES] Firmware V5.04 with Preheat and New Interface Launching
(09-03-2016, 05:01 AM)Jaem Wrote:  I have try it and go back to previous version. This new interface is horrible and useless. I do not need fancy design, I need visible informations, manual coil resistance settings, easy resistance reset, and so. Sorry Joyetech, but this is fail, big fail!  悲伤 Please, leave this for hipsters and freecoolins, and made FW for regular vapers...
Few weeks ago I thought, that you are industry leader and trendsetter. But I rather buy something from SMOK now, because their mods have everything to satisfy experienced vapers...

I am in with you. All this fancy looking stuff may impress once. On the long run only good function impresses.

About the pre-heat function we had this discussion before. It is interesting for people with heavy metal on the deck. For people with normal coils say roughly from 26 - 30 ga the in TC integrated ramp-up boost serves the same effect sufficiently.

Why don't you just downgrade? It is not difficult and up to V3 they had everything we need, except the pre-heat.
Hi, I have two Cuboid's and a evic mini loving them and I was exited to have the new firmware with preheating but the design display is horible, please can we have the new firmware but with the old display! Display is unreadable!! 生气
(09-03-2016, 01:19 PM)BarataS Wrote:  Hi, I have two Cuboid's and a evic mini loving them and I was exited to have the new firmware with preheating but the design display is horible, please can we have the new firmware but with the old display! Display is unreadable!!  生气
I completely agree!
I have eVic AIO. The new firmware has a very useful function of heating. It is useful even as a predohranite from accidentally pressing the main button. This is a very useful feature!
But a new kind of display - it's just awful! This is some crazy nightmare! I absolutely do not like this design circles. And he did not read! And he is not handsome!
Bring back the old look of the interface in the new firmware, please!

I am writing through an automatic translator, sorry.
Thank you so much for your kind suggestion.
(09-05-2016, 01:53 AM)AndreyGoncharenko Wrote:  
(09-03-2016, 01:19 PM)BarataS Wrote:  Hi, I have two Cuboid's and a evic mini loving them and I was exited to have the new firmware with preheating but the design display is horible, please can we have the new firmware but with the old display! Display is unreadable!!  生气
I completely agree!
I have eVic AIO. The new firmware has a very useful function of heating. It is useful even as a predohranite from accidentally pressing the main button. This is a very useful feature!
But a new kind of display - it's just awful! This is some crazy nightmare! I absolutely do not like this design circles. And he did not read! And he is not handsome!
Bring back the old look of the interface in the new firmware, please!

I am writing through an automatic translator, sorry.

Hi
I agree too, it's hard to read whit those white circles. Preheat is good option.
What if u just make firmwares whit new and old desing, so ppl can use what kind of desing they want.

ps. how to enter Game Mode on new Firmware?
The preheat settings are located where the game WAS so no more game.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
tetris may be 微笑
Return the old interface please...
big bullshit !!!
put back the old interface and add something useful like: temperature, voltage etc....
I concur.
(09-03-2016, 05:00 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  
(09-03-2016, 02:05 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  
(09-02-2016, 10:49 PM)MicroSur Wrote:  No preheat for TCR.
PreHeat is not necessary for Temp Control. The initial wattage is basically PreHeat in TC and TCR Modes.

I somewhat agree but I think I would still like to see it available in TC and TCR modes.  ie.  If your max power is set at say 45 watts in TC, it would be nice to give it a shot at 60 watts to warm it up before normal TC function starts.  Yes you can raise your max power so like you say it will use that power at the start but I find it surges when you do so "Noticable off/on".  Preheat in TC and TCR would make it smooth and a lot more tunable.

If you are getting a noticeable On/Off then you have the max wattage too high. You are overshooting your temp far too quickly. The device is trying to regulate but the response is not quick enough so it takes 3-4 seconds to smooth out the response. It only needs to be high enough to warm up that coil. I would suggest lowering the max wattage a little and testing until you get a smooth well regulated vape.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain