Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEW UPDATES] Firmware V5.04 with Preheat and New Interface Launching
Firmware V5.04 with Preheat and New Interface Launching

We’re glad to release the new updates of firmware V5.04 with Preheat and new interface.

We listened to our fans about adding the preheat into our existing firmware upgradeable devices. And now, the preheat function is available. This is especially an essential when using an RDA, RTA, ceramic heads and so on.

We also simplified and redesigned the user interface to make it simpler and clearer for you.

All the following devices will receive this update: eVic VTC Mini, CUBOID, CUBOID Mini, eGrip II, eVic VTwo, eVic VTwo Mini and eVic AIO. Among which, the CUBOID will still have two versions (V5.04 and V5.14) with 150W and 200W respectively.

Click to download right now: http://www.joyetech.com/mvr-software/.

[Image: V5.04.jpg]
Cool!
Something new to try. Thanks JT

It's VERY difficult to read display, impossible in any bright location. It's missing the custom tcr setting display e.g. TCR M1 088, missing the 316 in SS setting e.g. SS316.

No Variable Voltage mode 大咧嘴

Revert to old display asap. It had all information easy to read.
No exit from Preheat menu. No preheat for TCR. Digits tooooo small (
(09-02-2016, 10:49 PM)MicroSur Wrote:  No exit from Preheat menu. No preheat for TCR. Digits tooooo small (

Exit preheat menu = LONG press fire button.
I agree about the small size of the characters, I want larger ones you can do way more with the font when the block size is larger. Plus I don't like the white background it's hard on the eyes.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
(09-02-2016, 10:49 PM)MicroSur Wrote:  No exit from Preheat menu. No preheat for TCR. Digits tooooo small (

PreHeat is not necessary for Temp Control. The initial wattage is basically PreHeat in TC and TCR Modes.

I like the look of the new interface but I think that there were far better choices in the design contest that could have been used. It is very hard to read the text in white circles.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(09-03-2016, 02:05 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  
(09-02-2016, 10:49 PM)MicroSur Wrote:  No preheat for TCR.
PreHeat is not necessary for Temp Control. The initial wattage is basically PreHeat in TC and TCR Modes.

I somewhat agree but I think I would still like to see it available in TC and TCR modes.  ie.  If your max power is set at say 45 watts in TC, it would be nice to give it a shot at 60 watts to warm it up before normal TC function starts.  Yes you can raise your max power so like you say it will use that power at the start but I find it surges when you do so "Noticable off/on".  Preheat in TC and TCR would make it smooth and a lot more tunable.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
I have try it and go back to previous version. This new interface is horrible and useless. I do not need fancy design, I need visible informations, manual coil resistance settings, easy resistance reset, and so. Sorry Joyetech, but this is fail, big fail! 悲伤 Please, leave this for hipsters and freecoolins, and made FW for regular vapers...
Few weeks ago I thought, that you are industry leader and trendsetter. But I rather buy something from SMOK now, because their mods have everything to satisfy experienced vapers...
鄙视 
Please Joyetech, for the love of god - give us the option to replace the interface with the one from firmware v3

This new one is virtually impossible to read.

Didn`t at least one person throughout the whole design stages of this new interface look at it and notice it was almost unintelligible ?
Nobody at all ? I find that hard to believe - and who exactly was responsible for these little circles ? (I suggest you fire them)

(The actual preheat function itself does work well)
I like that there is now a pause to see the amps reached, and the length of the puff, but it is not long enough for the cloud to clear and read it IMO it should be 10-15 seconds. I kinda wish the tiny font was more readable, could keep it in the same spot with a larger font on an oval instead of a circle to make it bigger? Overall though a good (pretty) design, and it seems to be working as well or better than before. If my suggested -0.016 adjustment would have been applied to the device's ohm reading it would be a more accurate reading of the ohms.
____
Δ
Join us