Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery charger suggestion
I need someone to suggest me a type of battery and a charger for good life span and duration for my evic vtwo.

All replies appreciated.
As you mentioned in your first post about this you can't go wrong with a Nitecore charger,  they work well and will charge a variety of battery types like Ni-Cad  or Ni-Mh as well as Li-ion.  Great for your other rechargeable AA and AAA batteries, and they carry worldwide insurance.  I own a Nitecore Digicharge D2 and it works great the only thing that could make them better is a 1A charge rate as they only charge at 500mA.  Takes up to 5 hours to fully charge a battery.

My other charger is an XTAR VP4,  I bought this one because I wanted a 4 bay charger.  I really like it, has independent charge channels and can charge at 1A when you charge one or two batteries then drops to 500mA when charging 3 or more.  This charger is only meant for Li-ion batteries and has all of the safety features one could want.  This charger will take 3 hours max to fully charge 2 batteries.

AVOID TRUSTFIRE CHARGERS!!!!!  Whatever you choose to go with...don't go CHEAP, you may pay for it in other ways..
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
For that matter, don't buy anything with the name xxxxfire written on it.

Whenever a company advertises big and bold how safe they are (zero accident!), that means they have a problem in that area. If a politician keeps highlighting how honest he is it means there is a lack in that direction. If a company calls it's product Trustfire we know immediately: Don't trust me.
I have tried multiple batteries in my VTC Mini's and settled on the Samsung 30Q. Plenty of current and long lasting. I also had similar success with the LG HG2. I have not tried them yet but the new Sony VTC 6 are said to be even better than the 30Q.

I have only used Nitecore chargers and never had any problems with them. The features you get are dependent on how much you want to spend.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
I suggest:
http://www.illumn.com/batteries-chargers-and-powerpax-carriers/18650-lg-18650g2-3000mah-high-discharge-flat-top.html
and
http://www.illumn.com/batteries-chargers-and-powerpax-carriers/nitecore-intellicharge-i2.html
I have the same and concour with Cosmic. The Nitecore I2 may be not the smartest charger on the planet but for the price is great.
(08-30-2016, 12:29 PM)peter-k Wrote:  I have the same and concour with Cosmic. The Nitecore I2 may be not the smartest charger on the planet but for the price is great.

I agree as well. I have 2 of them and they work just fine.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
Thanks everyone for the responses.
Cheers!
It is a myth that external chargers do a better job than built-in chargers.  External fast chargers can actually shorten the life of cells a little bit compared to built-in chargers.  Most mod makers use commercial charge controllers made by companies like Maxim, Texas Instruments, and others.  External charger makers also buy their charge controllers from those same companies.  A vaping mod typically has a small 6-pin lithium cell charge controller made to be powered off a 5V USB connection.  A good external charger will use a 40-pin charge controller from the same family of devices but with the ability to charge 4 cells at a time and at much higher currents than with the little 6-pin device.  Fast chargers usually need more power than USB can provide.  The external charger can charge cells fast but it is not any safer than a good internal charger.  By the way, I charge everything I have with a lithium cell inside a 3 lb. steel coffee can since the big laptop battery recall a few years back.  Once in a very rare while a lithium cell can vent even when the user has done everything right so the can helps me feel safe.