Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eGo AIO burned taste
Hi there,

I just bought my first vape 3 weeks ago in a shop (damp winkel Leuven). They gave me some information about how to use it, and had no problem till a week ago. I once, by accident, dry vaped, since I was quite inexperienced. I noticed a normal burned taste which everyone was talking about. I came home and filled upped my tank and soaked the coil. It was ok after that for the next week. I noticed the burned taste returning with a tank half full. I heared the coils didn't last long, so I changed it with a spare one I'm provided with. The day after I immediately noticed the burned taste returning on a completely new one, and didn't go away unless I directly soaked the coil with my E-liquid. I thought there might be a problem with the quality of the coil since I noticed the cotton was off the metal heeting the liquid after a close inspection.

So, I did not have another one. I lend one of my father. Although it's a 0.6 ohm coil instead of a 0.5 I had. First again, no problem the first day. After that I noticed the burned taste returning again. My father learned me the trick to try sucking without pushing the button. Since I notice little droplets on my lip ,so I know it soaked enough. But even now, I still get that burned taste. The cotton still looks white instead of black, so it is not burned.

I'm a social smoker, I don't vape or smoke as often. In the shop they said I could do 3 weeks with a regular coil because of that. I think it's not normal after 1 day having a burned taste. So, is there a problem with my vape maybe? Why do I have a burned taste that quick. I'm using a mix of mint and rasberry, so the burned taste should definatly not hit that hard. ANy tips? Or do I return it back to the store? Thanks!
(08-16-2016, 08:30 PM)Covalend Bond Wrote:  <clip>

I think I would try a new coil and a complete cleaning of the tank and fresh juice. Of course you know you have to prime the coil before you install it, and as an extra measure I would let the coil soak in the filled tank an extra while before you fire and hit it. the coils are finicky when you first install them to get the juice flowing, then again when you refill the tank to keep them from flooding. I'm sure in time you will get the hang of it and enjoy your AIO.
____
Δ
Join us
I had the same problem. The 2 coils it came with lasted for about 4-5 days each than I started going through 1 every day or day and a half. Well this is what changed. I had watched a Youtube video on how to puff when vaping which caused me to start taking slower draws and as a result the wick was getting burnt up faster. Taking faster draws and don't have the air flow valve closed up to much and you should get longer out of your coils. The reason is I the coils don't have adequate holes for the liquid to get to the wick and when you draw faster than you help draw more liquid to replace what is being burnt off.
Hopefully Joyetech will remedy this and put 3 holes on the sides to help with wicking.
(05-15-2017, 09:34 PM)U2Desire Wrote:  I had the same problem. The 2 coils it came with lasted for about 4-5 days each than I started going through 1 every day or day and a half. Well this is what changed. I had watched a Youtube video on how to puff when vaping which caused me to start taking slower draws and as a result the wick was getting burnt up faster. Taking faster draws and don't have the air flow valve closed up to much and you should get longer out of your coils. The reason is I the coils don't have adequate holes for the liquid to get to the wick and when you draw faster than you help draw more liquid to replace what is being burnt off.
Hopefully Joyetech will remedy this and put 3 holes on the sides to help with wicking.

I find the AIO is not a divice for chain vaping . I vape it a few times then let it WIC backup