Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uwell crown on eVic vtc mini
问题 
Hey guys, I'm still new to vaping and my friend gave me his old Uwell crown.
2 questions: What do you think are the best settings (watts, temp) for this tank? I know it isn't joyetech's tank, but it was so nice of my friend to give it to me and well, it is insane how much vapor it makes. But I want better flavor! It seems that the uwell tank needs different settings, obviously, than the eGo one. I'll drop my pic of this in my signature as an update to my build. My second question is, I can't seem to unscrew the base which will be a problem when I need to change the coil. I've tried the freezer and rubber bands, but it won't unscrew... I may go get pliers or go to the vape shop for help but if I can do something else, I'd appreciate suggestions. How do I open the damn thing?
Thanks guys; and thanks joyetech for the mod. I've still got the old tank as backup.
~~~Jamey Cat
Current build: eVic-VTC mini (white) running CFW with "blocky" font for easier reading with Uwell Crown tank and original eGo tank's tip
[Image: IMG_20160806_110659.jpg]
I love my CROWN! I use NI200 0.15ohm coil in TCR Mode, I have M1 set to 600, M2 set to 650 and M3 set to 700. The coil locked at 0.20 ohms even though the actual measured ohms is 0.16. I give it just 30W and keep the temp between 350-400F. I get good flavor, great vapor, and the coils last several weeks.
I run M1 early morning, then change to M2 and work my way up to M3 later in the day.
Just run cooler temp for more flavor IMO.
I bet the juice and the O-rings have interacted to bond the sections of your tank together, once it breaks free it will come apart but you may need to replace the O-rings. Try soaking it in the sink? If you use pliers insulate them from the tank with shop towels to keep from marring the metal of the tank.
(08-07-2016, 12:31 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  I love my CROWN! I use NI200 0.15ohm coil in TCR Mode, I have M1 set to 600, M2 set to 650 and M3 set to 700. The coil locked at 0.20 ohms even though the actual measured ohms is 0.16. I give it just 30W and keep the temp between 350-400F. I get good flavor, great vapor, and the coils last several weeks.
I run M1 early morning, then change to M2 and work my way up to M3 later in the day.
Just run cooler temp for more flavor IMO.
I bet the juice and the O-rings have interacted to bond the sections of your tank together, once it breaks free it will come apart but you may need to replace the O-rings. Try soaking it in the sink? If you use pliers insulate them from the tank with shop towels to keep from marring the metal of the tank.

Okay, I'll try soaking it in the sink. So, I've never done TCR mode and I'm pretty sure I have a Ni coil because my friend said that was what was in it. How does that mode work? So, is Temp Ni a bad mode to run it in?
~~~Jamey Cat
Current build: eVic-VTC mini (white) running CFW with "blocky" font for easier reading with Uwell Crown tank and original eGo tank's tip

(08-07-2016, 12:39 AM)Catruya Wrote:  <clipped>
Okay, I'll try soaking it in the sink. So, I've never done TCR mode and I'm pretty sure I have a Ni coil because my friend said that was what was in it. How does that mode work? So, is Temp Ni a bad mode to run it in?

It's all about what works for you, Temp NI works great. TCR adjusts the power delivered to the coil, so as the coil heats and cools the device delivers different power. Temp NI skips the extra calculations and will still keep the coil cooler than the selected temp you set.
I read the instructions on TCR and tried, damn, it actually works for me! I was coughing and having trouble with the "default" Temp Ni. As for the wattage, does it have to be 30W? I mean, it won't break if I keep the M setting at 650 and run it at a slightly higher wattage? Sorry for all the noob questions, I literally quit smoking a month ago.
~~~Jamey Cat
(08-07-2016, 12:56 AM)Catruya Wrote:  I read the instructions on TCR and tried, damn, it actually works for me! I was coughing and having trouble with the "default" Temp Ni. As for the wattage, does it have to be 30W? I mean, it won't break if I keep the M setting at 650 and run it at a slightly higher wattage? Sorry for all the noob questions, I literally quit smoking a month ago.

You can adjust that up and down till you get the results you want. you will see the flavor and vapor change as you change the settings, and there is lots of info if you google crown ni200 coil wattage

[Image: eVic-VTC_04.png]
This is a chart showing what Joyetech suggests for the different TCR settings for different coil metal types.

As far as the other possible settings. running higher wattage reduces the ramp up time for the coil, running lower temp prolongs the life of the cotton in the coil.
Yes generally though a higher number means hotter when it comes to the TCR, I like to set mine so that I'm happy with the vape while the unit is set in the 400-450 F range. Then I simply set the power on the second line to just above the recommended power listed on the side of the coil. SMOOTH and little worry for burning up your coils early. I can't use NI wire it makes me cough, I like Stainless Steel cleaner metal to burn.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
Thanks, guys! I went to the vape shop, the dude at the counter helped me open the thing. I got grape vape and a replacement coil, but he said my coil was fine since it was rated 0.5ohm and had only gone up to 0.54ohm. Also, my O-rings weren't busted. Apparently, all he could figure out was that my friend didn't do a good job keeping the thing clean.
~~~Jamey Cat
That's good I'm Glad you got it sorted out, to make disassembly easier always put a drop or two of juice onto your "O" rings before screwing it together.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
(08-07-2016, 02:39 PM)Catruya Wrote:  Thanks, guys! I went to the vape shop, the dude at the counter helped me open the thing. I got grape vape and a replacement coil, but he said my coil was fine since it was rated 0.5ohm and had only gone up to 0.54ohm. Also, my O-rings weren't busted. Apparently, all he could figure out was that my friend didn't do a good job keeping the thing clean.

You can tell by looking at the cotton in the top of the coil, once its darkened I change it. lots cheaper that than a cigg habit. Grape vape sounds right up my alley I vape DIY Grape Candy (TFA) at 16%. Is grape vape that grape wild premium?