Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Procore seals don' tlike Cola/Cherry liquid
This is the Procore Motor that hadn't been leaking with the eleaf coils. Look what happened.

Now the huge white seal gasket is swollen/deformed from which must be my new cola/cherry liquid, and has created a additional hole on each side which isn't properly sealed off from the topcap. We'll have to see if this is permanent damage, it might as well be. I thought this weakness to strong liquids was a thing of the past ?

I'm really out of luck. There's always a new problem with my vape hardware. Bummer.

Edit: asking around, some folks said this looks more like HEAT DAMAGE, maybe accellerated by aggressive juice. While this explanation makes sense, because the plastic piece is deformed only where it touches the middle chimney, I have a slightly hard time believing that those inserts have a problem with me vaping along somewhere betwee 30 and 35 watts...
(08-28-2018, 11:06 PM)tailland Wrote:  This is the Procore Motor that hadn't been leaking with the eleaf coils. Look what happened.

Now the huge white seal gasket is swollen/deformed from which must be my new cola/cherry liquid, and has created a additional hole on each side which isn't properly sealed off from the topcap. We'll have to see if this is permanent damage, it might as well be. I thought this weakness to strong liquids was a thing of the past ?

I'm really out of luck. There's always a new problem with my vape hardware. Bummer.

Edit: asking around, some folks said this looks more like HEAT DAMAGE, maybe accellerated by aggressive juice. While this explanation makes sense, because the plastic piece is deformed only where it touches the middle chimney, I have a slightly hard time believing that those inserts have a problem with me vaping along somewhere betwee 30 and 35 watts...

You do seem to have a lot of issues! I would agree that it could be heat and terpenes ( .. cause rubber & plastic swelling in high concentration). 30W? In my experience, as I use that as a max power also, it can still heat up a tank to a high temp with a large number and long duration of puffs in one session. I rest mine regularly as I don't like the heat, nor thinned liquid. I use several devices in rotation to assist that.

Lets see what Cosmic and Basil have to say 大咧嘴
What a bummer, I have never seen anything like this. It looks like you have been vaping Hydrochloric Acid 悲伤
I hope Tech support follows up on this just to determine what happened, or in case information needs to be added into the instructions.
I think it must be the e liquid causing it, what company makes that liquid? Do they have warnings on the bottle about plastic/rubber?
What was the place you purchased, and date of purchase?
(08-30-2018, 10:56 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  What a bummer, I have never seen anything like this. It looks like you have been vaping Hydrochloric Acid 悲伤
I hope Tech support follows up on this just to determine what happened, or in case information needs to be added into the instructions.
I think it must be the e liquid causing it, what company makes that liquid? Do they have warnings on the bottle about plastic/rubber?

Producer is Inawera. Quite well known among vapers I think. I haven't seen anything about such warnings.

If tech supports wants it, I can send them the both atomizers that have suffered from this deformation, along with a bottle of liquid and the Inawera flavor bottle, if they so choose.

(BTW: The Procore one I've been using for the last days (the one that didn't leak initially) has the white insert now so swollen upwards that the top cap doesn't properly close anymore, so bye bye vacuum. It's almost a bit funny 大咧嘴 )
(08-30-2018, 11:17 AM)tailland Wrote:  Producer is Inawera. Quite well known among vapers I think. I haven't seen anything about such warnings.

If tech supports wants it, I can send them the both atomizers that have suffered from this deformation, along with a bottle of liquid and the Inawera flavor bottle, if they so choose.

(BTW: The Procore one I've been using for the last days (the one that didn't leak initially) has the white insert now so swollen upwards that the top cap doesn't properly close anymore, so bye bye vacuum. It's almost a bit funny 大咧嘴 )

I don't see any warnings on ELR or ATF for that flavor. So IDK if it is the flavor, you can PM Ellen to see if they might be able to figure it out, or what you can do as far as repair. Inawera may have a warning on their web site, but usually that will filter over to ELR.
I know you don't want to hear this but even if you have to replace the tanks, vaping is much cheaper than smoking.
(08-30-2018, 12:01 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  
(08-30-2018, 11:17 AM)tailland Wrote:  Producer is Inawera. Quite well known among vapers I think. I haven't seen anything about such warnings.

I don't see any warnings on ELR or ATF for that flavor. So IDK if it is the flavor, you can PM Ellen to see if they might be able to figure it out, or what you can do as far as repair. Inawera may have a warning on their web site, but usually that will filter over to ELR.
I know you don't want to hear this but even if you have to replace the tanks, vaping is much cheaper than smoking.

I have found something on a 3rd party website. Translated, it says that liquids containing the Inawera Cola flavor should not be used in tanks which are made out of Polycarbonate or Makrolon. It doesn't say why, and also it doesn't say anything about rubber or silicone seals, though.

And of course I'm not unhappy about vaping in general, although it can be a bit costly in the beginning. You have to get some main hardware, then some accessories like good batteries, a good battery charger, DIY building kit, all that jazz... going for AIO or pod devices these days is something to consider :ß
It's terpenes, that's the issue. Many flavours use them. Limonene is particularly active- it makes silicon and other materials swell. It seems to me that it's use is increasing. These issues are well known in industry, engineering, chemical manufacture, but not so well in the vape world. I don't think that there are immune plastics to use as alternatives.

It would as suggested, help with this and other problems or breakages if Joyetech could supply a range of spare parts. Even the basics would help, tank glass, seals and so on. Manufacturers of hoovers, kitchen appliances, cars and the like do it so why is it not more widespread in this industry?
As I already said: limonene terpene (lemon acid) is causing this. Especially in cola/citrus flavors. Inawera uses pretty agressive aromas to reach maximum flavor and if it says that Polycarbonate or Makrolon will be damaged, that means silicone will be damaged as well. It won't revert itself back, I have personally killed enough tanks (3 TFV8's and 2 MELO RT25's) and our clients sometimes report the same problem. You need to change the liquid brand or flavor. I will insist that it's not the hardware manufacturer problem, but e-liquid manufacturer problem because of the quality of the ingridients they use. Please, try contacting Inawera.
[Image: banner1.jpg]
[Image: logo2.png]
(08-30-2018, 02:10 PM)Crazybasil Wrote:  I will insist that it's not the hardware manufacturer problem, but e-liquid manufacturer problem because of the quality of the ingridients they use. Please, try contacting Inawera.

First and foremost it's the customer's problem. Inawera surely won't sell any replacement seals/gaskets for vape tanks x,x
(08-30-2018, 02:21 PM)tailland Wrote:  
(08-30-2018, 02:10 PM)Crazybasil Wrote:  I will insist that it's not the hardware manufacturer problem, but e-liquid manufacturer problem because of the quality of the ingridients they use. Please, try contacting Inawera.

First and foremost it's the customer's problem. Inawera surely won't sell any replacement seals/gaskets for vape tanks x,x

Surely they won't. But they can at least admit that their e-liquid is causing problems, maybe test it and maybe issue a warning. Of course it's up to them.
[Image: banner1.jpg]
[Image: logo2.png]