Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joyetech ULTIMO Atomizer with New MG Series Heads
(08-10-2016, 02:01 AM)pastech Wrote:  I also bought the MG RTA Head (sold separately) for the ULTIMO, and that unit is a nightmare to wick, I have done three different builds on it, and re-wicked it about half a dozen times, the flavour is decent, but I get lots of dry hits, it's as if it's not wicking properly. 嗯

To summarise, the ULTIMO is a very nice sub-ohm tank, with the stock coils (Clapton or Ceramic), the RTA Head is not that great.

I have nearly a dozen RTA's and they all have their quirks. The one thing they all have in common is the wicking. They all need enough wick to avoid leaking and flooding but not so much that you choke the liquid out. Dry hits are usually because of too much wicking. The wick expands when wet and the liquid can't flow efficiently. It's a delicate balance.

Keep trying and check Youtube for build tutorials. I know it's still a pretty new tank but they will start showing up on Youtube pretty soon.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain