Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joyetech ULTIMO Atomizer with New MG Series Heads
(08-10-2016, 02:01 AM)pastech Wrote:  On my Cuboid: 50-60 Watts.
On my eVic VTC Mini: 40-50 Watts.
E-Juice is 70VG/30PG, 3mg Nic.

On flavour though, I too had high expectations, but it's not that fantastic, in my opinion, it's about the same flavour as the other stock Clapton coil that comes in the ULTIMO pack.

2 different wattage, depending on the mod? Do you just vape differently depending on mod, or is this what you need to do for the vape to appear equivalent? 嗯
I don't understand.
I'm using lower wattage and very often I'm literally burned by hot liquid.
Also, if increase the wattage it tastes of burnt coil.

Are you using the coil found inside the atomizer?
are you a hard vaper? I mean, do you make long lung inhale or "medium"?

(08-10-2016, 02:30 AM)pastech Wrote:  
(08-10-2016, 02:14 AM)Rfsvaper Wrote:  What about hot spitting during vaping on ceramic coil?
Am I the only one?

I'm not getting any, even at 70W on my Cuboid.
(suggestion on the bottom of Ceramic coils is: 40-80W)
(08-10-2016, 02:01 AM)pastech Wrote:  I also bought the MG RTA Head (sold separately) for the ULTIMO, and that unit is a nightmare to wick, I have done three different builds on it, and re-wicked it about half a dozen times, the flavour is decent, but I get lots of dry hits, it's as if it's not wicking properly. 嗯

To summarise, the ULTIMO is a very nice sub-ohm tank, with the stock coils (Clapton or Ceramic), the RTA Head is not that great.

I have nearly a dozen RTA's and they all have their quirks. The one thing they all have in common is the wicking. They all need enough wick to avoid leaking and flooding but not so much that you choke the liquid out. Dry hits are usually because of too much wicking. The wick expands when wet and the liquid can't flow efficiently. It's a delicate balance.

Keep trying and check Youtube for build tutorials. I know it's still a pretty new tank but they will start showing up on Youtube pretty soon.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(08-10-2016, 02:54 AM)Rfsvaper Wrote:  I don't understand.
I'm using lower wattage and very often I'm literally burned by hot liquid.
Also, if increase the wattage it tastes of burnt coil.

Are you using the coil found inside the atomizer?
are you a hard vaper? I mean, do you make long lung inhale or "medium"?

(08-10-2016, 02:30 AM)pastech Wrote:  
(08-10-2016, 02:14 AM)Rfsvaper Wrote:  What about hot spitting during vaping on ceramic coil?
Am I the only one?

I'm not getting any, even at 70W on my Cuboid.
(suggestion on the bottom of Ceramic coils is: 40-80W)

Yes, I'm using the coils that came in the atomiser pack.
The ULTIMO pack comes with TWO coil heads:
1x MG Clapton 0.5Ω coil head (40-90W)
1x MG Ceramic 0.5Ω coil head (40-80W)
I bought the MG RTA Head, but that was a separate purchase, not part of the ULTIMO pack.
I have not bought any additional stock coil heads, yet.

I used the MG Clapton 0.5Ω coil head for about a week, and it was fine. flavour was good, taste was good.
Today, I started using the MG Ceramic 0.5Ω coil head, like I mentioned above, and that’s what I’m vaping on right now.

I just tried it now, at 80W, and I’m still NOT getting any hot liquid or spit-back in my mouth, but the vapour is a little warm for my liking, so I’m currently vaping it at 62W.

I just checked on my Cuboid screen, and, typically I'm take about 3.5 to 4.5 second hits, at a time. My airflow on the ULTIMO is set to about half-way open. I don't know if I'm a hard vapor, but I know my wife takes shorter drags than me, she normally takes 2-3 second hits, where I take longer drags, and pull more air in.
(I don't know if that helps, but that's my experience, anyway, my wife is using a Joyetech AIO)

I have NOT had any burnt coil tastes, at all, even when I used the MG Clapton 0.5Ω coil head, and that one, I was typically vaping at 50-70W.

Maybe you just got a bad batch of coils in your ULTIMO pack. I don’t know.
I’m liking this ULTIMO, and I will be buying more MG Clapton & MG Ceramic coil heads for it in the near future.

(08-10-2016, 03:36 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  I have nearly a dozen RTA's and they all have their quirks. The one thing they all have in common is the wicking. They all need enough wick to avoid leaking and flooding but not so much that you choke the liquid out. Dry hits are usually because of too much wicking. The wick expands when wet and the liquid can't flow efficiently. It's a delicate balance.
Keep trying and check Youtube for build tutorials. I know it's still a pretty new tank but they will start showing up on Youtube pretty soon.

I will, thanks.
I also have a few RTA's:
• Wotofo Serpent Mini (great flavour, tiny tank capacity, very easy to wick properly)
• iCloudCig Moradin (good flavour, small tank capacity, easy to wick properly)
• Geek Vape Griffin 25 Top Airflow (great flavour, big tank capacity, tricky to wick properly)
[Image: banner.png?p=26_1_2014____30.4375__30.43...8B0_004487]
(08-10-2016, 03:44 AM)pastech Wrote:  I will, thanks.
I also have a few RTA's:
• Wotofo Serpent Mini (great flavour, tiny tank capacity, very easy to wick properly)
• Geek Vape Griffin 25 Top Airflow (great flavour, big tank capacity, tricky to wick properly)

The Serpent Mini is my current favorite single coil RTA. I'm looking forward to trying the new Serpent Mini 25 but it's not in my budget right now.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(08-10-2016, 06:18 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  
(08-10-2016, 03:44 AM)pastech Wrote:  I will, thanks.
I also have a few RTA's:

The Serpent Mini is my current favorite single coil RTA. I'm looking forward to trying the new Serpent Mini 25 but it's not in my budget right now.

Me too... 哭
[Image: banner.png?p=26_1_2014____30.4375__30.43...8B0_004487]
(08-10-2016, 02:01 AM)pastech Wrote:  snipp ...
I have the ULTIMO tank, and it's quite nice, not the best tank out there, but it is certainly the best Joyetech tank I've got (I also have the eGo ONE Mega, the Tron-S, and that piece of sh!t Cubis tank (Cubis Tank is great, coils are rubbish!).

I would like to disagree. The Ultimo is probably the better and the best Joyetech tank for your vaping style. But eGo One Mega and Tron-S are for others, i.e. the M2L-ers.

Ok? No offence intended, just to clarify for newbie readers.
Am I the only one?

Did you say your E-juice was 70/30 is that 70%PG 30%VG if so that's probably your issue. That juice is far to thin for that tank try a MAX VG e-juice, it's thicker and shouldn't just run out or flood causing it to spit.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
For you Wotofo fans, Vaporbeast (USA) has the WOTOFO CONQUEROR RTA on sale for $12
Can someone tell me where to get replacement screws for the RBA section?? Or at least tell me the size....standard griffin style grub screws are m2.5x3mm and the ultimo rba screws are way small.