Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Beyond Logos! Skinning, Fonts, Themes and Firmware
(07-27-2016, 12:43 AM)AnTHrax Wrote:  does the editor works on cuboid?

coz in the site from ecig only vtc are memtion.. amd rx200.. no cuboid lol only vtc

Here Just for you I did Cuboid 3.12 Patched Versions of both Ghostbusters and Predator sorry I don't own a Cuboid yet so I can't provide screenshots, maybe you could do that for me.

Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Attached Files
.zip   AoE Cuboid Predator V3.12.zip (Size: 51.34 KB / Downloads: 54)
.zip   AoE Cuboid Ghostbusters V3.12.zip (Size: 51.82 KB / Downloads: 35)
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
ratings added bro..

can you do predator in 3.13? anyway ill pm you lol and yes ill screenshot it for you
[Image: ?banner=14409]
still a guest? want to register?  CLICK HERE
(07-27-2016, 05:42 PM)AnTHrax Wrote:  ratings added bro..

can you do predator in 3.13? anyway ill pm you lol and yes ill screenshot it for you

Sure I'll do 3.13 for you when I get home tonight
patches for 3.13 are as follows:
Fast Menu Blink
NO Smart Mode
Power Bug Fix
1W Power Scroll
10s Timeout

so nowhere near what 3.12 has but should still be sweet.
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

I found a short Beginners guide to NFirmware Editor on http://www.customvapefirmware.com it is very basic but it should be enough to get you started.      
Have FUN!!

How To Make Your Own Custom Firmware
Making your own custom firmware isn't for everybody! However, it is one of easier things to do so I wanted to put together a little guide to get you started. Don't forget to submit your own creations once you're finished!
NFirmware Editor - The software that makes the magic happen!
Custom firmware is created with an open source program called NFirmware Editor. You can find the latest version on their GitHub releases page. Just download the zip file and extract it to a location that you can easily find. For some users it may be easiest to just extract it to a folder on your desktop.

Opening the Base Firmware
Once you've extracted NFirmware Editor you will want to open the program. Navigate to the folder you extracted it to and double-click the NFirmwareEditor.exe file. This will open the program to a blank workspace.

After opening the program, navigate to the File Menu and then to the second Open option, Open (Using Specified Definition), and then choose the firmware version you intend to open. This will launch an Open dialog. From here you will need to locate the .bin file for the firmware you want to work with. So if you are making custom firmware for the RX200, you will need to find the stock firmware file that you downloaded from the Wismec site. Choose the correct .bin file and select open.  Or choose a custom firmware and work over that.

Making It Custom
Once you've opened the firmware you will be presented with a list of all the characters and images embedded in that firmware on the left hand side. You should recognize most of these from using your device. Sticking with our RX200 example, let's say you want to change the little image that shows when you fire the device. Scroll down and locate the image (it's labeled 0x87 on firmware version 3.10) and select it. Now you will see a larger, pixelated version of this image on the right hand side and a small preview above it.

To change this icon you just need to design your custom design in the large grid on the right. The very first icon to the right of the "Show grid" option will clear all pixels in the grid. To fill a pixel in, left click on it. To clear a pixel out, right click. Do this until you have the completed design that you are happy with. Be sure to use the preview above to see how it looks when it's smaller. This will give you a more realistic representation of how it will look on the device.  Beware of resizing glyphs it may cause damage to other images or overlapping on the screen.  Use the Strings tab to alter the words seen within the firmware, you may also Import true type fonts.

Continue to do this for all of the images and characters you want to change until you are done.

Saving Your Firmware
Once you are finished editing the characters you want to change, you will need to save your firmware. Navigate back to the File menu again and choose Save Encrypted As... this time. This will open a standard Save dialog and you can navigate to the folder you would like to save it in. Give your .bin file a name and click save. Once you've saved the firmware, you're all done! You can flash it onto your device like you would any other firmware.
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Today I'm happy to Release my newest VTC MINI Firmware.

AoE VTC Mini 8Bit Nintendo v3.02

-Features the Font from the original Nintendo system
-Says "Game Over!" instead of "Weak Battery"
-Features Real-time Resistance option on third line
-Includes a few Nintendo logos

Screenshots

Enjoy!

Please Rate..

Attached Files
.zip   AoE VTC Mini 8Bit Nintendo V3.02.zip (Size: 417.88 KB / Downloads: 93)
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

(08-01-2016, 10:58 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  Today I'm happy to Release my newest VTC MINI Firmware.

<clip>

So you applied this to 3.02 FW so no game mode??
jk its ok
is the skin automated or do you still need to upload logo to the device? How does the skin work?
(08-08-2016, 08:58 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  
(08-01-2016, 10:58 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  Today I'm happy to Release my newest VTC MINI Firmware.

<clip>

So you applied this to 3.02 FW so no game mode??
jk its ok
is the skin automated or do you still need to upload logo to the device? How does the skin work?

Yes you still have to apply the logo separately from the firmware. I will be releasing a 3.03 version as soon as it's done. Changes to the controls are:
fire clicks:
3 ; on-off clicks
2 ; menu
5 ; show charge screen (from off state)
6 ; show fw ver (from off state)

Left+Right buttons = erase stored coil resistance

Here is the Cuboid v3.13 Version of Predator.

Attached Files
.zip   AoE Cuboid Predator V3.13.zip (Size: 58.09 KB / Downloads: 29)
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Today I'm Happy to Release
AoE VTC Mini Heavy Metal V3.02

-Cool 80's Metal Font
-Skull Pile Charging Screen
-Real-time Resistance Option for Third Line

Enjoy!!

Please Rate...

Attached Files
.zip   AoE VTC Mini Heavy Metal V3.02.zip (Size: 305.1 KB / Downloads: 96)
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

(08-19-2016, 11:13 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  Today I'm Happy to Release
AoE VTC Mini Heavy Metal V3.02

-Cool 80's Metal Font
-Skull Pile Charging Screen
-Real-time Resistance Option for Third Line

Enjoy!!

Please Rate...

Do you have it for the Cuboid
(08-21-2016, 10:04 PM)getbent9019 Wrote:  
(08-19-2016, 11:13 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  AoE VTC Mini Heavy Metal V3.02

Do you have it for the Cuboid

Thank you for your interest I will post it for you when I get it done...
Also working on versions for the vTwo Mini for all my themes.
Enjoy!

Please Rate...