Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why it hurts my throat at the beginning of every time I use it ?
(07-05-2016, 01:26 PM)Axleofevil Wrote:  Long shot but what Nicotine strength are you using, if it's 6mg or higher that could be your issue.

Yes it's 6mg, but shouldn't it hurt all the way, not only the first 5 to 10 shots ? also what's "Priming the Coil" mean ?
(07-04-2016, 10:54 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  
(07-04-2016, 09:50 AM)comran Wrote:  Hello,
I am a new user, and I am using eVic VTC mini with Tron tank, I am currently using a NI coil, the temp is 400 F and the PWR is 40W, resistance was locked on .22 OHM
I am using a 50 50 e-liquid, when I first used the device, the first couple of vapes hurt my throat, but after 5 to 10 vapes it was very good and I didn't feel that hit again, 4 or 5 hours later, I wanted to try it again, and again it did like last time, and the first 5 to 10 vapes were hurting my throat, also every time this happens, I hear a tiny sound from the device when I press the fire button, same sound when you light an electric lighter
should I replace the coil ?! also should I lock the resistance or unlock it ? I locked it before trying it for the first time at room's temperature as instructed

Thanks for your support

I use Cubis, Have you tried your e liquid in a different device that it doesn't hurt your throat? When I first wake in the morning I use lower settings till I get used to inhaling the vapor. You are doing it right, lock the coil. and if the e liquid tastes burnt or the cotton is discolored it might be time to change the coil.

Bump. 40 W and 0.22 ohm Ni is quite hefty when when the device is still colder.

The soubd is quite likely from a wrong TCR of the wire, or better said differing TCR. Not all wires are the same even if they are rated the same grade.
(07-05-2016, 04:37 PM)comran Wrote:  
(07-05-2016, 01:26 PM)Axleofevil Wrote:  Long shot but what Nicotine strength are you using, if it's 6mg or higher that could be your issue.

Yes it's 6mg, but shouldn't it hurt all the way, not only the first 5 to 10 shots ? also what's "Priming the Coil" mean ?

You need to prime the coil before the first use, you add about 6 drops of juice onto the dry cotton so the cotton will begin to absorb the e juice from the tank. If you don't do that the cotton wont wick and will burn. This is a procedure that has to be done in all coils in all devices. if not done the coil will burn the cotton at the coil and although the device may still work it won't work right and can taste wrong and may hurt your throat.
Just want to give you an update, after changing the e-liquid, I used a max VG one and no irritations or coughs at all, so this was related to the PG percentage (50%) in the previous liquid, from now on, I will switch to Max VG or 80% 20% at least

Thanks everyone for your help
i use 70/30 hehehe... nice to hear that its already solve your problem in your mpod
[Image: ?banner=14409]
still a guest? want to register?  CLICK HERE