Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why it hurts my throat at the beginning of every time I use it ?
Hello,
I am a new user, and I am using eVic VTC mini with Tron tank, I am currently using a NI coil, the temp is 400 F and the PWR is 40W, resistance was locked on .22 OHM
I am using a 50 50 e-liquid, when I first used the device, the first couple of vapes hurt my throat, but after 5 to 10 vapes it was very good and I didn't feel that hit again, 4 or 5 hours later, I wanted to try it again, and again it did like last time, and the first 5 to 10 vapes were hurting my throat, also every time this happens, I hear a tiny sound from the device when I press the fire button, same sound when you light an electric lighter
should I replace the coil ?! also should I lock the resistance or unlock it ? I locked it before trying it for the first time at room's temperature as instructed

Thanks for your support
(07-04-2016, 09:50 AM)comran Wrote:  Hello,
I am a new user, and I am using eVic VTC mini with Tron tank, I am currently using a NI coil, the temp is 400 F and the PWR is 40W, resistance was locked on .22 OHM
I am using a 50 50 e-liquid, when I first used the device, the first couple of vapes hurt my throat, but after 5 to 10 vapes it was very good and I didn't feel that hit again, 4 or 5 hours later, I wanted to try it again, and again it did like last time, and the first 5 to 10 vapes were hurting my throat, also every time this happens, I hear a tiny sound from the device when I press the fire button, same sound when you light an electric lighter
should I replace the coil ?! also should I lock the resistance or unlock it ? I locked it before trying it for the first time at room's temperature as instructed

Thanks for your support

I use Cubis, Have you tried your e liquid in a different device that it doesn't hurt your throat? When I first wake in the morning I use lower settings till I get used to inhaling the vapor. You are doing it right, lock the coil. and if the e liquid tastes burnt or the cotton is discolored it might be time to change the coil.

Thanks for your support

pressing the fire button that has a click sounds well its normal. sinse you are pressing the button

jist like the old phones that has (Keypad) 3310 of nokia.. its desame thing everytime you press theres a sounds of click :-)

as of your hits .. ni coil heats faster than the other coils. so it may turn for dryhits 5-10 first vapes thats the time your taste buds ignore the semi burn . while you vape again for hours again you can taste it again coz your buds already recover.

all i can advice to you is change coil..

and its something to do with the juice also.. have you vape in that juice before? or its your firstime to use its?

coz in my case when i change juice before and try another flavor it hurts my throat.. but days comes by its ok already..
[Image: ?banner=14409]
still a guest? want to register?  CLICK HERE
(07-04-2016, 10:54 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  

Thanks for your support

I use Cubis, Have you tried your e liquid in a different device that it doesn't hurt your throat? When I first wake in the morning I use lower settings till I get used to inhaling the vapor. You are doing it right, lock the coil. and if the e liquid tastes burnt or the cotton is discolored it might be time to change the coil.

Thanks Cosmic for your feedback

(07-04-2016, 11:00 AM)AnTHrax Wrote:  

Thanks for your support

pressing the fire button that has a click sounds well its normal. sinse you are pressing the button

jist like the old phones that has (Keypad) 3310 of nokia.. its desame thing everytime you press theres a sounds of click :-)

as of your hits .. ni coil heats faster than the other coils.  so it may turn for dryhits  5-10 first vapes thats the time your taste buds ignore the semi burn . while you vape again for hours again you can taste it again coz your buds already recover.

and its something to do with the juice also.. have you vape in that juice before? or its your firstime to use its?

coz in my case when i change juice before and try another flavor it hurts my throat.. but days comes by its ok already..

Thanks AnTHrax,
it's not the click sound, it's like when u burn sugar, something like "Tssss", and this sound goes at the first vape of every time
I think it's related to the fact that the coil is dry for being left for a while
I will try to change the coil and see

Thanks again
(07-04-2016, 05:42 PM)comran Wrote:  

Thanks for your support

Thanks for your support

as of your hits .. ni coil heats faster than the other coils.  so it may turn for dryhits  5-10 first vapes thats the time your taste buds ignore the semi burn . while you vape again for hours again you can taste it again coz your buds already recover.

Thanks AnTHrax,
it's not the click sound, it's like when u burn sugar, something like "Tssss", and this sound goes at the first vape of every time
I think it's related to the fact that the coil is dry for being left for a while

Thanks again

you may see this link it can help you to choose a wire you need

http://social.joyetech.com/showthread.php?tid=2915

but i suggest if you want a good flavor wire go for tiger wires bro..

nickle heats up fast... so maybe thats 1 reason why you got a dry hits..for me NI heats up and got a dry burn cotton.. so i change to clapton and do some wrappings. now i change to tiger wire
[Image: ?banner=14409]
still a guest? want to register?  CLICK HERE
(07-04-2016, 05:42 PM)comran Wrote:  

Thanks for your support

Thanks for your support

Thanks AnTHrax,

Thanks again

Are you priming the coil before use?
I use to use a 50/50 e-juice and found I would get the same sort of thing as you, I changed to a higher VG, 70/30 or higher and that sorted it out.
Cuboid + Cubis
You could try to draw a few dry pulls before actually switching the device on. Then also start with a lower wattage, such as 20 W. 40 W and Ni make for a hefty ramp-up when the rest of the devce is still cold.
(07-04-2016, 05:42 PM)comran Wrote:  Thanks AnTHrax,

Thanks again

That sizzle sound is normal too, its not the coil drying out, more like extra juice absorbing around the coil. It's going to make a sound and is OK. when you take the coil out look to see if the cotton is discolored and black, if so you need to change it. A burnt coil will taste burnt and can irritate the throat, so it may be the problem. If the coil isn't burnt you can put it back in or save it for later.
(07-04-2016, 08:55 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  
(07-04-2016, 05:42 PM)comran Wrote:  Thanks AnTHrax,

Thanks again

That sizzle sound is normal too, its not the coil drying out, more like extra juice absorbing around the coil. It's going to make a sound and is OK. when you take the coil out look to see if the cotton is discolored and black, if so you need to change it. A burnt coil will taste burnt and can irritate the throat, so it may be the problem. If the coil isn't burnt you can put it back in or save it for later.

Thanks Guys,
Today I tried to change the coil and used a Ti coil, the same thing happened, now I am more convinced that it's related to e-liquid itself or the PG VG percentage, it's exactly feeling like a concentrated sweet burnt flavor that hurt the throat, then later it fades out

Thanks again for your help and advices
Long shot but what Nicotine strength are you using, if it's 6mg or higher that could be your issue.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!