Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fed up wih cubis coils.
I've been using the cubis tank for a month or so now, I really like the tank but I'm fed up with the .5 SS316 coil. I only get a weeks use out each one and then they start burning.
Over the past month I have tried thinner e-juice different wattage and nothing helps make these coils last any longer, so reluctantly I have decided to go back to my subtank at least the coil in that last about a three to four weeks.

I think the problem with the SS316 coil is the juice holes on the bottom aren't big enough and don't allow enough juice on to the cotton, bigger holes on the sides would be a big improvement.

I may try the cubis RBA.
Cuboid + Cubis
(07-01-2016, 06:30 PM)Richardj Wrote:  I've been using the cubis tank for a month or so now, I really like the tank but I'm fed up with the .5 SS316 coil. I only get a weeks use out each one and then they start burning.
Over the past month I have tried thinner e-juice different wattage and nothing helps make these coils last any longer, so reluctantly I have decided to go back to my subtank at least the coil in that last about a three to four weeks.

I think the problem with the SS316 coil is the juice holes on the bottom aren't big enough and don't allow enough juice on to the cotton, bigger holes on the sides would be a big improvement.

I may try the cubis RBA.

try to use temperature rather than wattage
[Image: ?banner=14409]
still a guest? want to register?  CLICK HERE
(07-01-2016, 06:36 PM)AnTHrax Wrote:  
(07-01-2016, 06:30 PM)Richardj Wrote:  I've been using the cubis tank for a month or so now, I really like the tank but I'm fed up with the .5 SS316 coil. I only get a weeks use out each one and then they start burning.

I may try the cubis RBA.

try to use temperature rather than wattage

I have and it still doesn't make any difference.
Cuboid + Cubis
even you lower the temp? then change a coil bro..
[Image: ?banner=14409]
still a guest? want to register?  CLICK HERE
(07-01-2016, 08:53 PM)AnTHrax Wrote:  even you lower the temp? then change a coil bro..

Let me clear things up, I have tried using wattage mode with different wattage settings and TC mode with different temps. Nothing I do makes any difference, a new coil is only lasting me for a week or so. The coil I'm using is just about a week old and started burning this morning, not just a little bit but a full on big burn.
It's beginning to get expensive changing coils so frequently.

I'm convinced it's the juice holes that are just not big enough to keep the cotton wet enough.
Cuboid + Cubis
I used a needle to poke each of the juice holes, it wicks better this way.
Start building your own coils, it's a lot cheaper and it is a sort of Zen meditation activity, soothing and releaving stress.
(07-02-2016, 10:27 AM)peter-k Wrote:  Start building your own coils, it's a lot cheaper and it is a sort of Zen meditation activity, soothing and releaving stress.

Ordered the BF RBA yesterday, will just have to see how that go's, will let you know as and when.
Cuboid + Cubis
(07-02-2016, 06:01 PM)Richardj Wrote:  
(07-02-2016, 10:27 AM)peter-k Wrote:  Start building your own coils, it's a lot cheaper and it is a sort of Zen meditation activity, soothing and releaving stress.

Ordered the BF RBA yesterday, will just have to see how that go's, will let you know as and when.

RBA arrived in the post this morning. Primed and ready to use after sitting for a while. Will report back when I've used it for a while.
Cuboid + Cubis
What coil did you build?