Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Other A serious request for all FIRMWARE
灯泡 
I'd like to say something general about Joyetech firmware.

It is not easy for people like me, who don't have very good eyesight, to read the screens on our devices. The problem is usually twofold:

1) Option to lower/raise the brightness of the screen

Since custom firmwares can do it, we know it's possible to change it. And it helps a lot, especially when you use your device outside in the sunlight. At 47% brightness (default value on stock firmware for my VTwo Mini), I have a hard time reading the screen at daytime. But already at 50% brightness, readability has increased so much that I can read it when I'm outside. While I'm sure that screen brightness has an impact on longevity and power consumption of the screen, people would still greatly benefit from having a chance to chose freely between let's say 45-55%.

2) Size of characters/letters/numbers

If one's eyesight is below average, it is very hard to read screens on our devices. I too love a sytlish UI, but I would say that usability comes 1st, stylishness 2nd. As a matter of principle. It would be greatly appreciated if the UI designers could put greater emphasis on readability.

I'm sure you've heard both points in some variation countless times before, but I especially signed up to this forum to post these things, because they're so important to me.
Thanks for your consideration.
I agree 100%, my eyes are getting old and sometimes I struggle to do the intricate work my hobbies require. I don't as yet have trouble with the screens on my mods apart from having to squint sometimes!

It's likely that as much of this kit is aimed at a "younger" market, form will come before readability. The brightness point has been raised here before and I support it, Joyetech do read this forum and do listen.

Thanks for your interesting post.
Agree, all good points.
I LOVE my Joyetech ESPION SOLO for its large easy to read touchscreen display, but I think some of the information could be even bigger.
Also some settings are non-intuitive, such as setting the clock. Once the time is adjusted locking the device should fix the time.
Also we have polled here the delay the device should use when displaying temporary information and I still think the display delay is too short, temporary information such as puff duration should be shown at least 10 seconds, possibly 15 seconds! Smok actually does it right, the temporary information stays on the screen until next use.
Menus IMO need to be designed with a top down approach, with a series of questions to the user and an exit option on each screen. for instance: the main menu can ask for mode selection with a selector for Wattage/TCR/TC/Bypass. Then after the selection the device could ask for the options or setting for that mode, so if you set wattage mode the device would display the current wattage and ask the user to adjust it or exit. Or if the user selects TC, the next screen should ask for wire type with the current wire selected, and a store and exit option, if that setting is stored the next screen could ask for Temp, then Wattage, ect. ect. and at any time exit would save the settings. IF TCR is selected the next screen would ask for the resistance setting, then temp, then wattage, then don't forget coil lock. More of a top to bottom menu design.
If Joyetech could do that they would definitely be the best.
Agree, i will feedback to our R&D department. Hope the next new Joyetech device with screen can meet user's demand. 微笑
[Image: logo2.png]
Premier Electronic Cigarette Manufacturer.
(08-16-2018, 01:19 PM)Ellen Wrote:  Agree, i will feedback to our R&D department. Hope the next new Joyetech device with screen can meet user's demand. 微笑

Thank you.
Better way to use in sunlight )
5% brightness is ok !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

And here's something that Joyetech could be a pioneer of:

Stop changing Watts settings in 0.1 steps. Seriously!

All firmware manufacturers do that, but no user has ever needed this. There's no discernible difference between setting e.g. 40.0 Watts and 40.1 Watts. None whatsoever. But it takes lots of time for the numbers to change in 0.1 steps and as soon as you keep holding the +/- button, the counting accellerates, and you always miss your target number, which you then have to correct manually (out of orderliness) and waste even more time.

to the JT firmware engineers: Have some courage. Change the Watts settings to 1-Watt steps! A collective sigh of relief in your entire userbase will be your reward :-)
(08-26-2018, 01:43 PM)tailland Wrote:  And here's something that Joyetech could be a pioneer of:

All firmware manufacturers do that, but no user has ever needed this. There's no discernible difference between setting e.g. 40.0 Watts and 40.1 Watts. None whatsoever. But it takes lots of time for the numbers to change in 0.1 steps and as soon as you keep holding the +/- button, the counting accellerates, and you always miss your target number, which you then have to correct manually (out of orderliness) and waste even more time.

to the JT firmware engineers: Have some courage. Change the Watts settings to 1-Watt steps! A collective sigh of relief in your entire userbase will be your reward :-)

心 ok, we will consider. Thank you for your feedback
Premier Electronic Cigarette Manufacturer.
(08-26-2018, 01:43 PM)tailland Wrote:  And here's something that Joyetech could be a pioneer of:

It's already changed in latest devices. It's 0.1 Watt step on lower wattage, where it does matter for MTL lovers and 1.0 Watt step after that. The best way of doing this feature.
[Image: banner1.jpg]
(08-28-2018, 02:46 PM)Crazybasil Wrote:  It's already changed in latest devices. It's 0.1 Watt step on lower wattage, where it does matter for MTL lovers and 1.0 Watt step after that. The best way of doing this feature.

I could only judge by the newest devices I have (Cuboid Pro and Espion). Espion has 0.1 steps along the entire Watt range, the Cuboid Pro has 1.0 steps after 100W.
If you already changed that with newer decives, you did a very good thing!
Maybe it's possible to upgrade firmware for "older" devices some day.

Thank you for your answer.