Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottom magnet on evic vtc mini wont stick to the top or bottom of my mod???
I have tried everything at this point and give up. The top of the cover connects to the top and bottom magnet on the mod but the bottom magnet just repels either. How do I fix this?
Did it come out and you put it back in wrong?
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
it happened to me ,i tried to put some Uhu stick to it but failed
so I put some soft paper in the hole and pressed it so it stays in place
酷
yes the cover has reversed poles so the cover may only stick on one way. You have to try and pop out one of the magnets and then flip it over. The magnets are arranged like this

BOX------- COVER

N-S>>>>>N-S

S-N<<<<<S-N

Yours is like this based on what you say sticks/repels what
BOX--------COVER

N-S>>>>>>N-S

(N-S) XXX S-N

The bottom magnet on your Box is upside down that's why the top works on both and the bottom repels both.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
(06-29-2016, 06:33 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  yes the cover has reversed poles  so the cover may only stick on one way.  You have to try and pop out one of the magnets and then flip it over.  The magnets are arranged like this

BOX------- COVER

N-S>>>>>N-S

S-N<<<<<S-N

Yours is like this based on what you say sticks/repels what
BOX--------COVER

N-S>>>>>>N-S

(N-S)  XXX  S-N

The bottom magnet on your Box is upside down that's why the top works on both and the bottom repels both.
So how do I get it out?
Lucky for you The Box side is easiest to get out since it's mounted in plastic. I would try an olfa knife and dig it into one of the narrow sides and pry it up <<CAREFULLY>>. The magnets aren't that thick 1/8" max, once you have it out stick it to the cover's bottom to make sure you don't put it back in the same way. A little crazy glue will secure it back into place, If you have some I would use Gorilla brand Epoxy. Again make sure you don't put it the wrong way a second time.

Good Luck...
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
(06-29-2016, 09:48 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  Lucky for you The Box side is easiest to get out since it's mounted in plastic.  I would try an olfa knife and dig it into one of the narrow sides and pry it up <<CAREFULLY>>.  The magnets aren't that thick 1/8" max, once you have it out stick it to the cover's bottom to make sure you don't put it back in the same way.  A little crazy glue will secure it back into place,  If you have some I would use Gorilla brand Epoxy.  Again make sure you don't put it the wrong way a second time.

Good Luck...
Thanks so much