Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuboid 150W Honest Review
I've had the Cuboid 150w for three months now and it has not lived up to expectation.

The paint scrapes off of the unit incredibly easily making it look ragged. The screen scratches even more easily. Worst of all is the issue with the 510 pin connector. If you don't use a joyetech atomizer, your pin will become depressed or experience other issues that will result in a poor connection and the unit reading "Atomizer Short" when fired. This has happened to me with two different genuine RDA's. To see just how widespread this issue is with these units, google "Cuboid atomizer short".

There are no known reliable fixes for this issue. Once encountered, this issue continues to compound until you essentially have a dead unit. The warranty offered by Joyetech is only 90 days so likely by the time this issue becomes bad enough to submit a customer service request they won't do anything to help you with it.

Aside from the pin, the overall functionality of the screen and unit is alright. It comes with several different control modes and has a convenient amp display on the screen. That is of course to be taken with a grain of salt, as these features are useless when your unit can't fire.

Overall I rate this product 2/10 for its extremely poor construction quality with regards to the pin. If Joyetech had put another dollar or two into the production of each unit to ensure these problems didn't occur, it could very well be a top 10 mod in my opinion. It is however unusable as is.
for the paint you know and everyone knows (there is no forever in things) specially paint when your holding it everytime or using it in and the item is heatring up

in 510 connection maybe you turn it so hard.

even you have the most expensive mod or vape it depends on user how to use it with care

even you have the cheapest thing if you know how to care it will live for years :-)

cheers mate
For the money you buy the Coboid it is one of the better devices.
Yea I have heard some complainers over that unit mostly the finishes fewer about the 510 connector.
And yea they are both valid quality issues.  It would be great if the unit was powder coated like the X-Cube II
but I actually prefer a NON spring type connector, provides better contact with the tank.  Yes some tanks will screw in to far and squish the rubber insulator into nothing in an attempt to get the tank flush with the mod.  Many attys have adjustable pins just for that reason.  Maybe try one of these in between tank and MOD
[Image: 2015_Newest_Heat_Sink_Adaptor_510_Finned_Heat_Si.jpg]
Adjust that to sit flush and then your using the Sink's connector all the time not the mods.
As for the screen issue I use simple TAPE over the glass its changeable and protects from scratching.
Now the Finish I have to agree is CHEAP!! ...............BUT SO IS THE MOD!!!
YOU!! could spend a couple more bucks and get the X-CUBE II for a nicer finish but Owning both I can say the TC from Joyetech is better than the x-cubes, and if you think the Cuboid is cheap try an E-Leaf.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
(06-27-2016, 09:48 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  Yea I have heard some complainers over that unit mostly the finishes fewer about the 510 connector.
And yea they are both valid quality issues.  It would be great if the unit was powder coated like the X-Cube II
but I actually prefer a NON spring type connector, provides better contact with the tank.  Yes some tanks will screw in to far and squish the rubber insulator into nothing in an attempt to get the tank flush with the mod.  Many attys have adjustable pins just for that reason.  Maybe try one of these in between tank and MOD
[Image: 2015_Newest_Heat_Sink_Adaptor_510_Finned_Heat_Si.jpg]
Adjust that to sit flush and then your using the Sink's connector all the time not the mods.
As for the screen issue I use simple TAPE over the glass its changeable and protects from scratching.
Now the Finish I have to agree is CHEAP!! ...............BUT SO IS THE MOD!!!
YOU!! could spend a couple more bucks and get the X-CUBE II for a nicer finish but Owning both I can say the TC from Joyetech is better than the x-cubes, and if you think the Cuboid is cheap try an E-Leaf.

thats heatsink right?
Forget about the heatsink effect. Think of them as an adapter to save your 510, in case. Although, so far I have no problem with my 510 connectors on my 3 Joyetech mods.
I'm using the Cudoid 150W now for a couple of weeks and I'm quite happy with it. I also published my review on vr (Joyetech Cuboid 150W Review)
Editor @ Vape-Reviews.net
Well I have to agree with Dissapointed..

I have bought almost the whole Mod range, started with the eRoll, all of the Evic´s up until the the Cuboid and all of them, NO exeptions broke down within a few month.
Due to this review is for the Cuboid well here is my review..

Poor Paint job, color comes of very easily!
The most horrendous part of the cuboid is the Pin connection.
Equaly horrendous is that Joyetech forces you to use their very cheap made Vapourizer which are leaking like hell and have no good Vapour production.
Their RDA Mods are useless compared to other brands and often lack on manufacturing detail such as... coil holes are too small. unable to screw coil holding screws in properly.. Glass is getting foggy.. drip tip color coming of..

All in all, after all the trouble ive been trough with Joyetech, their very very poor customer service, I finally decided to boot Joyetech as my main Mod supplier and moved on.

I have been vaping for the last 5 years, but hands down, I have never had a properly working joyetech Mod which lasted me longer than 3 month!
(10-18-2016, 10:45 PM)Andili Wrote:  Well I have to agree with Dissapointed..

I have bought almost the whole Mod range, started with the eRoll, all of the Evic´s up until the the Cuboid and all of them, NO exeptions broke down within a few month.
Due to this review is for the Cuboid well here is my review..

Poor Paint job, color comes of very easily!
The most horrendous part of the cuboid is the Pin connection.
Equaly horrendous is that Joyetech forces you to use their very cheap made Vapourizer which are leaking like hell and have no good Vapour production.
Their RDA Mods are useless compared to other brands and often lack on manufacturing detail such as... coil holes are too small. unable to screw coil holding screws in properly.. Glass is getting foggy.. drip tip color coming of..

All in all, after all the trouble ive been trough with Joyetech, their very very poor customer service, I finally decided to boot Joyetech as my main Mod supplier and moved on.

I have been vaping for the last 5 years, but hands down, I have never had a properly working joyetech Mod which lasted me longer than 3 month!
There are a few things about this review I would call this a fake review
1. Vaping for 5 years & does not know terminology
2 Joyetech does not force you to use their atomizer (Vapourizer) any attachments that uses a 510 connection will work
3 have never had a properly working joyetech Mod which lasted me longer than 3 month! Are you buying fakes, have extremely bad luck or not know how to properly use a vapor product? Hard to believe not one has lasted more than 3 months everyone I have owned is still working & most have gone through multiple  new vapers  & most are over a year old or close to it
Ive got my Cuboid 150w with a Herakles Plus tank, Can you guys give me some tips of which settings it works well. Thanks!