Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New smoker convert. Coil question for the AIO
Going out later today with a smoker who wants to quit and wants advice. I'm hoping to sway him towards the AIO as his first device but have a question regarding coils. I see it comes with a .6 BF coil.

Will it work fine with the 1.0 and 1.5 ohm coils? Seeing as he's new, these should both extend battery life and give him a tighter MTL type experience.
I don't have the AIO but I don't see a reason the 1.0 and 1.5 ohm should not work. As long as they are SS or Kanthal any BF coil should do.
Thanks Peter, that's my thoughts exactly, and thought to help with battery life, they would've shipped with like the 1.0ohm coil. I'll give him spares from my Cubis tank which are the 'other 2' and let him go from there.
(06-19-2016, 11:11 PM)big_vape Wrote:  Going out later today with a smoker who wants to quit and wants advice. I'm hoping to sway him towards the AIO as his first device but have a question regarding coils. I see it comes with a .6 BF coil.

Will it work fine with the 1.0 and 1.5 ohm coils? Seeing as he's new, these should both extend battery life and give him a tighter MTL type experience.

Thought you might like a second opinion, and the answer is yes. As you know the higher the ohm in the coil the tighter the draw so he can dial in what he wants as far as tightness of draw with those higher ohm BF coils. buy him a sample bottle of tobacco flavor e juice, I suggest cowboy blend at 18mg/ml. he should feel the nic effects better with that vape than he does with his ciggs because vaping is more efficient delivery system. He will get the nic without the tar so imo it is a lot safer then smoking. be sure to refer him to the social forum so he can get help and advice if he needs it.
best of luck
____
Δ
Join us
(06-20-2016, 03:19 AM)big_vape Wrote:  Thanks Peter, that's my thoughts exactly, and thought to help with battery life, they would've shipped with like the 1.0ohm coil. I'll give him spares from my Cubis tank which are the 'other 2' and let him go from there.

I agree devices like the AIO should come with 1 ohm coils and pure MTL design.

I personally do view it critcially any beginners coming with subohm coils.
Thanks gents. You know I was first approached back in February by him, and he said Friday. Who would have thought Friday meant 4 months later. Well Friday came and went, and I don't wanna appear pushy, so I'll wait for him to approach me again.

Cosmic, can you tell me how many tankfuls/ml's you get before recharging the AIO?
(06-27-2016, 09:24 PM)big_vape Wrote:  Thanks gents. You know I was first approached back in February by him, and he said Friday. Who would have thought Friday meant 4 months later. Well Friday came and went, and I don't wanna appear pushy, so I'll wait for him to approach me again.

Cosmic, can you tell me how many tankfuls/ml's you get before recharging the AIO?

My wife just uses it when we travel so she doesn't have to lug the VTC Mini, so she gets a lot of use before her pit stop. Thinking back I think she would use a couple refills (1.5-2) before she would plug it in again. This unit is easy to charge, and the lights let you know when it needs a charge and when it's ready to vape after a charge.
____
Δ
Join us
Has anyone else noticed that the "Date Of Last Post" indicator is not accurate in the main forum?

Attached Files
.gif   234.gif (Size: 3.07 KB / Downloads: 11)