Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First day with Cubis Pro
Ok got this tank yesterday afternoon. Put the QCS coil in let it wick and started using it. Went through the first tank filled it and flood. NOOOOOOO. Then went through another refilled it and the coil is flooded again. Ok they didn't get that fixed even though you don't pull the coil in and out anymore. I can deal with that I guess. So go to bed. 5 hours later I am up. Take my morning hit. Hit the button and nothing what the heck? I look at the tank and I was like that is weird seems lower then when I left it. Hit the button again and a little gurgle. Turn it over and juice runs out. That issue I can't live with ughhhhhh. I had to rip it down and clean it. I had juice running out of the air flow holes. I put a notch coil in it now. Let's see how this rolls. To bad I was liking that QCS coil.
Hoping for your next post with a better review. I've got the original and think it's a great little tank. I'm using the new notch coils, but didn't have a problem with the older SS coils.
I've been using a Cubis for 4 months now, works great (more on that below).

However, the Cubis has a design flaw that causes coil flooding on refill.  While I don't have a Cubis Pro to examine yet, I suspect that ALL of the recent top-airflow, top-fill, top-mounted coil tanks (Cubis Pro, Lyche, Nautilus X, etc.) will suffer (to some degree) from the same flaw: airflow that can't be completely shut off!

With the top off for re-filling, the partial vacuum seal is lost, so when you re-insert the coil into a full tank (or fill w/coil still in), until the top is fully sealed, juice WILL have opportunity to flow through the wick into the coil, flooding it.

My Cubis initially flooded and gurgled every time it was re-filled (w/same coil). So I got to thinking about how this new system worked, and concluded that it was all airflow related.

I found a cure that works perfectly for me (51 refills now without ANY flooding or gurgling), read about it here: Cubis flood fix

[Image: installed-small.jpg]

The Cubis Pro can't use an o-ring, so you'd need some sort of band to cover the air intake holes, but it might work for you too.  Let me know if it does.

I've read a number of reports where the 0.5 SS coil would flood just from sitting overnight.  I can't say if my refill cure would fix that, as I don't use the sub-ohm coils.  I did try the included 0.5 SS coil for 2 1/2 days, it did NOT flood overnight, but I stopped using it - it was too much for me, I'm a MTL type.

Seems to me that flooding overnight (or after a long period of non-use) implies a less than 100% top seal.  Using a band & drip-tip stopper overnight might fix that too.

ps, does the Cubis Pro airflow ring COMPLETELY shut off air intake when closed?  or does it still allow a tight draw?
I haven't tried that but it seems it would work. My solution is to push a Q-tip down the barrel before screwing the cap back on, then swinging the unit upside down to get the excess juice from the coil into the Q-tip. The Q-tip seems to plug the pressure build up even with the vent open. But don't think this problem is isolated to Joyetech because I have worse tank problems with my Crown, the juice level drops 1/8th inch when the cap is screwed on even with the vent closed. I should mention i'm not using the Cubis pro, just the Cubis, and the original Crown not the Crown 2.
Same deal with my Cubis my solution is I just wrap a napkin or paper towel around the tank after filling and blow into it
it fires any extra juice out threw the air vent holes into the towel. After that a quick wipe-down and good to go.
I have a different issue with my Crown v1, my all day juice is 98% VG so I have to constantly burp the cap or it goes dry.
Cubis doesn't like it either, Only my TFV4 seems to handle the heavy juice without going dry or leaking but it sure is a pig.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
(06-19-2016, 01:57 AM)Stinger Wrote:  I've been using a Cubis for 4 months now, works great (more on that below).

However, the Cubis has a design flaw that causes coil flooding on refill.  While I don't have a Cubis Pro to examine yet, I suspect that ALL of the recent top-airflow, top-fill, top-mounted coil tanks (Cubis Pro, Lyche, Nautilus X, etc.) will suffer (to some degree) from the same flaw: airflow that can't be completely shut off!
... snip

I suspect the same even though I can live with that flaw. But what is more relevant to me, after months of using it I suspect top air-flow is not really well suited for MTL.
Second day. So I put the normal notch coil in after the major overnight flood. This coil did not flood after sitting 7 hours. YAY! It does flood every time after I refill though. I never had the regular Cubis. I do however have the Cuboid mini. That also floods every time however the Cubis Pro floods less. I take a couple little hits. Fire a couple seconds with my mouth not on it. Take a couple little hits again and I am ready to go again. I will continue trying things and see what I can come up with. However I can live with that. I had it on 40 watt all day. I didn't try any other settings. This thing produces a lot of vapor and good flavor. Other then some flooding I really like this tank so far. It sucks it only holds 4ml. However that isn't a knock on it. I knew when I bought it that it didn't hold as much juice as I like.
Great update bondoron, and I hope you keep them coming. The original cubis came with a small cap to cover the the tank if you wanted to carry a spare with you. Does/did the 'pro' come with one? I won my Cubis from Joyetech, and am actually thinking about purchasing this one based on real life feedback.
(06-19-2016, 10:58 PM)big_vape Wrote:  Great update bondoron, and I hope you keep them coming. The original cubis came with a small cap to cover the the tank if you wanted to carry a spare with you. Does/did the 'pro' come with one? I won my Cubis from Joyetech, and am actually thinking about purchasing this one based on real life feedback.

It did not come with a cap. It came with 2 o-rings, 4 coils, cotton to use with the QCS and LVC coils (nice extra touch I thought), and it came with the restrictive drip tip for mtl. I will probably run the notch coil until it is dead and then try the QCS coil again. I like the regular notch coil more but want to play with the other one more before I decide anything on it.
Ok I have this bad boy figured out nowI think. I am still using the notch coil. It floods every time it gets filled. Here is the remedy I found that has worked the last 4 times I filled it. Turning the air draw ring off first helps. Take the top off fill it and put the top back on. Open the air draw back up. Now fire it a few seconds while blowing in the air holes. I hope that makes sense. Then next time you draw off it no hot liquid scorching your mouth. Other then the flooding and spitting I have loved this tank. Now that I think I have found an easy remedy to fix it I see myself using this tank for a very long time. Not a single dry hit off this so far. Not even a hint that one is coming. I will update if this isn't the remedy or if there are any other issues but right now I am really happy with this tank.