Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 x 18350 Batteries VS 1 x 18650 + VTC Mini
信息 
I Have been tempted to try using 18350 batteries in my VTC Mini.
I have run them in my older telescoping mods with good results.

Anyone tried a pair in there eVic VTC Mini?
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
Really interested and curious that how you used 18350 batteries in VTC mini?
=)
> telescoping mods
butteries in series connection? it is dangerous for vtc mini.
From what I gather, Axle is a micro electronics engineer. He will build a new enclosure, and it will either blow up destroying us all, or work perfectly and no one except he and I will ever know. Either way (at least while he is tinkering) we need to run because we are not safe!
May I ask what is the benefit?
Wouldn't it make more sense running one 26650?
Well this will be a short lived thread as I went to try this and there is just not quite enough
room to fit them into the unit. A couple of my other mods you can just squeak them in.
But not the VTC Mini. Had they fit either it would have worked fine or the unit would have
complained about a high batt voltage. After that my only concern would have been over
draining the batteries.

So if i were going to mod or build another enclosure i would just make a new battery cover
that would allow for 2 x 18650 batteries in a parallel setup just to get more puffs per
charge.

(06-07-2016, 09:48 PM)peter-k Wrote:  May I ask what is the benefit?
Wouldn't it make more sense running one 26650?

The Benefit if they would have fit would have been a higher input voltage hopefully this would allow you to
vape at say 50w right up until the batteries are near dead rather than having to start turning your heat down
so it won't LOW BATTERY on you, all from the same basic volume/size of battery.

The principle behind it is that the same working load will draw different currents from the power source based
on the voltage. It is for this reason large plants and shops run their high load equipment
Ie. Welders, electric drive motors etc. on the highest voltage possible to save money.
A welder for example might draw 48Amps @ 220v to weld at 250A
30Amps @ 460v to weld at 250A
23Amps @ 575v to weld at 250A
Just imagine what it would draw at 110v
that's why I think most of Europe runs 220v mains in residential areas. It's only for safety reasons we run 110v
in North American Homes
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
Great explanation, thanks for that!
Would lesser amps also make it safer, or is it the same in the end?
(06-07-2016, 06:51 AM)Axleofevil Wrote:  I Have been tempted to try using 18350 batteries in my VTC Mini.
I have run them in my older telescoping mods with good results.

Anyone tried a pair in there eVic VTC Mini?

If you have to ask then you should not be doing it. The mini takes a cell that is 65mm in length. Two 18350s are about 35 mm long or 70 mm for the pair. Even if they did fit the voltage would be doubled from 3.6 V to about 7.2 V. Unless you know for certain that the mod's DC-DC converter can operate over a 3.2 to 8.4 Volt range doubling the voltage could be very dangerous. If the cell vents inside the mod it could melt the plastic if it does not blow the thing apart completely. Damage like that might not be covered by warranty and could require reconstructive surgery for the vaper.