Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joyetech Espion Silk & NotchCore tank review - Ippolit
信息 
Joyetech Espion Silk & NotchCore tank review - Ippolit

N.B. - I got this product for review directly from Joyetech. This will not influence my opinion.

Let’s get something clear, I don’t often say “wow”, friends say I don’t easily get excited about something 眨眼

I’ve been using, testing, reviewing and installing hi-tech electronics professionally since valves and big dials with a red “Danger” zone were the thing… there’s been a lot of “wow” potential during those decades! However I don’t do technical reviews of vapes, there’s plenty of folks who do that well, I prefer to focus on the user experience.

So when I say “wow” it really must be something, but here we go… My Espion Silk review in one word is  “WOW” - in capitals.

The Notchcoil, or horizontal tubular heating elements have been done by others before, with lack-lustre results. Joytech now have it nailed.

My wow is for the amount of flavour and cloud, I don’t like hot clouds, so I usually go for low power, say 12-25 Watts depending on the device, with a quality tank and coil that usually produces enough vapour to keep me happy, but not big clouds.

So when that good looking red Silk got fired up for the first time, I filled it with one of my favourite Triple Menthol mixes (I live dangerously), the slide open top makes that a breeze.

The above image is the right way up when you click it for larger view- it just won't stay the right way up as a thumbnail!!

I then dialled in 15W and took a good pull. It blew my head off!  Everything was suddenly mentholated 8) (funnily enough I did the same with the amazing RiftCore tank too, I’ll never learn).

Cleared that out and went for Double Menthol with a touch of Lemon & Lime. The clouds! Seriously, the volume of cool vapour was incredible whilst the flavour was stronger and more nuanced than I have experienced from ANY coil and tank combo that isn’t an expensive RDA/RTA vape-geek setup.

From such a small, light device that level of flavour at low power was a shock. It’s a marvel and I reach for it very often. Once experienced, you will not want to be parted.

That’s enough enthusiasm for a while, let’s look at the practicality of the Silk without getting too “techy”.

Those tiny tubular 0.45 ohm NotchCoils with the cotton wick inside are easily replaced, they just pull out from their gold-plated connectors, no unscrewing a tight atomiser and having a lot of liquid on your fingers, they are so easy to change and a lot less messy than you are used too. They are cheaper than screw in coils, you get a pack of them in the box! I tried changing the cotton, that was easy too - if you have any experience of using scissors and tweezers you can do it. I washed the coil in running water after removing the old cotton, gave it a very gentle scrub with an old toothbrush then dried it well, pulled through a bit of Muji cotton pad and trimmed the ends, voila! That cost 10 minutes of my time and a tiny bit of cotton.

I have had zero problems with the Silk during the week of hard use I have given it ( no dive in the box and try it once reviews from me…) with no leaks, no floods, no gurgling. I also noticed that the tank does not get very warm after a bit of chain vaping.

The Silk is good looking too, the look is new for Joyetech with it’s bright casing punctuated by those practical very “grippy” panels. The red and orange versions are very bold and striking, whilst the brown (it’s a very light brown) is discreet and elegant. The built in 2800mAh battery charges quickly with any quality 2A charger and the usb cable provided, in a weeks use at 15W I got over 450 puffs for each charge.

There’s also variable air control, I’m a Direct to Lung (DL) vaper so it suits me very well being very airy fully open, at a guess it would just be useable for Mouth To Lung (MTL) users closed down. There’s a simple menu system on the 0.69 inch OLED screen. The firmware is easily updated too.

My only criticism is with the manual, which mysteriously does not explain how to actually get into the user menu with the icons that it describes and details! For the record just press and hold the + key and the Fire button. Plenty of things to play with in there if you want, but if you are not geeky it’s a simple matter to adjust the power level and lock the settings.

I have read a couple of reviews that say “it’s plastic - nasty!” Well calm down folks, you want light? Go for a hi-impact durable material that is not as heavy as alloy = quality plastic, the Silk is a mere 141g. I can’t see this device breaking easily, it’s so grippy you’re not going to find it has slipped out of your hand when you wave at your friend in the park …

The Espion Silk & NotchCore is an ideal combination if you want an easy to use device that is light to carry in your pocket or briefcase, with masses of flavour and cheap and easy coil replacement. You will be as surprised as I was, go and get one!
Good review, thanks for the information 微笑

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Great review, as always!
[Image: banner1.jpg]
[Image: logo2.png]