Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temperature Control - What is it and how does it work?
(06-03-2016, 04:05 PM)peter-k Wrote:  That's ok, too, as long as battery is removable and an RBA head available.

Sounds reasonable, anyway the coil should be large enough to set up the probe or other same function stuffs. Then a RBA may be economical to recycle the coil usage, we can warp it again with new cotton.

This idea seems relate with ceramic material coil-ALTUS Guo tank... Did I go far away the topic?

大咧嘴
(06-03-2016, 05:41 PM)vapormaker Wrote:  That's ok, too, as long as battery is removable and an RBA head available.

Sounds reasonable, anyway the coil should be large enough to set up the probe  or other same function stuffs. Then a RBA may be economical to recycle the coil usage, we can warp it again with new cotton.

This idea seems relate with ceramic material coil-ALTUS Guo tank... Did I go far away the topic?

大咧嘴
[/quote]

Maybe we are all drifting off topic a bit, that's ok conversations and ideas are meant to evolve.
I have yet to try one of these ceramic coils.
I think I might like them, so far SS is my favorite material.
From a Mind of Metal, Flowing Electrons
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

Register to Download Click Here!
Your are not off topic, just Interesting.
A digital thermometer is just reading the resistance of electricity through a electric resistor called a thermistor, so it seems to me (with accurate programming) if the device could know the coil type, and if there was perfect connections through the coil, the temperature could be accurately determined. We don't have to be exact imo, just accurate to about a degree. Possibly instead of a temperature probe a self identifying coil?

The new QCS coil looks right for ceramic coil insert
(06-03-2016, 09:36 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  Your are not off topic, just Interesting.
A digital thermometer is just reading the resistance of electricity through a electric resistor called a thermistor, so it seems to me (with accurate programming) if the device could know the coil type, and if there was perfect connections through the coil, the temperature could be accurately determined. We don't have to be exact imo, just accurate to about a degree. Possibly instead of a temperature probe a self identifying coil?

The new QCS coil looks right for ceramic coil insert

But that's the whole point as the units are now, the coil itself is the thermistor as well as the load resistor, so all you get is a theoretical temp reading based on the math, the programming and chipsets ability to compensate for a rapid change in resistance. But its still a mathematical best guess, plus your burning the thing. By having a second one that your not running a ton of current threw allows for a finer thermistor to be used. you can't say that the temp you like vaping at is actually 350f just because the unit says so, maybe its closer to 450f if a second more precise reference reading were also used you think TC is smooth now wait until probe or lazer sensing comes into play units will be twice as smooth and twice as reactive to changes is draw speed etc. Ideally I would hope for a sensing eye rather that a second thermistor, plus an eye wouldn't mess with your coil configs at all.
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

I would say all the tank systerm need cotton for warp.
So the temerpature control should cosnider its burining point and wicking efficiency to realize real temp. control.

@CosmicTruth, pretty right! QCS coill fits a ceramic heating modular as well. I never tired a ceramic coil tho, if I want to say flavor experience which coil vaping works like a champion, that would be Notch coil. But it sucks battery too fastly, I cant last it too long with my eVic VTC mini.
The temperature guessing via resistance works nowadays astonishlingly well, usually. On a good device such as the eVic VTC Mini it should be accurate within +/- 5 Celsius, or may be +/- 10 C with lower resistances < 0.2 ohm. Joyetech I am sure do their own testing and know pretty well.
But the 510 connector itself and some other factors such as environment do give some variables, and that is system inherited. As well, to make a device 99.9 % safe and reliably constant working real temperature sensing is needed, IMO.

About the notch coils, yes I hear good things about them but 0.25 ohm is not everyones cup of tea.

Another good suggestion here was the heating element such as the Altus by Guo uses, but badly executed there. This would be excellent for everyone who just wants to vape and not bother about any technical things like coil data.

To my opinion the time is good for a new approach.
I was checking out the notch and I must admit a very clever design, should last well too.

But I do not believe TC is as accurate as you think. You get a huge heat change with small device changes. for example screw in your atty and it reads your 0.25 coil at 0.27 it will run significantly hotter that the same coil when it's
identified at 0.25. I have also noticed that among my own evic VTC minis(I have 3). they don't all read the same, ie moving a room temp tank from one to another they all read the coil at different resistances. All 3 are the same hardware version running the same firmware. Adjustable initial resistance would help tuning. Long story short
with identical settings TCR, Temp, Power etc they all vape differently with the same tank locked to each when cold.
Enjoy!

Please Rate...

(06-04-2016, 12:15 PM)Axleofevil Wrote:  I was checking out the notch and I must admit a very clever design, should last well too.  

But I do not believe TC is as accurate as you think.  You get a huge heat change with small device changes.  for example screw in your atty and it reads your 0.25 coil at 0.27 it will run significantly hotter that the same coil when it's
identified at 0.25.  I have also noticed that among my own evic VTC minis(I have 3). they don't all read the same, ie moving a room temp tank from one to another they all read the coil at different resistances.  All 3 are the same hardware version running the same firmware.  Adjustable initial resistance would help tuning.  Long story short
with identical settings TCR, Temp, Power etc they all vape differently with the same tank locked to each when cold.

Axleofevil,
The Notchcoil always had a tolerance about +/- 0.05 ohm after manufacturing. I don't know what made such tolerance exists, perpahs it was generated during machining process. But I think you mentioned to put same warm coil in different batteries, this may bring higher ohm value.
I agree and that's what I meant to say with the first paragraph.
Ok I haven't yet tried a notch coil, was just checking it out here on the site.

But no I'm saying That the same tank COLD ie. room temp I LOCK TO ALL 3. Reads differently on all 3 of my evic VTC minis.
My white one is best it reads closest to my FLUKE meter within 0.01 of it. My two black ones aren't as close
one of them is always 0.03 higher. So the high reading one running a SS 0.25 coil that it reads at 0.28 in TCR mode.
Setting 150 I vape at 370F on that mod. Where as My white one with the same tank, same TCR Read the same coil COLD
as 0.26 I have to turn it up to 420F - 430F for the same Vape. Thats a large difference in heat and what the units think the heat is.
Enjoy!

Please Rate...