Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install a Custom Logo Image
信息 
OK first off you will need the Joyetech firmware updater software for on your PC
http://www.joyetech.com/mvr-software/
and the data cable that was included with your device. Also you will need a 382 byte 64x40 custom logo with a 2 color palatte, any image that is not to these exact specifications will not work.
Start the firmware update program, then plug your device to the usb port on your PC with the data cable. The firmware update program display will change and show the hardware and firmware version of your device. Check your device as it may need to have the firmware updated to use a custom logo. Next click [LOGO] and navigate to your new custom logo. Select it and be sure to click [OK] after the logo is updated.
Note: when you click [LOGO] the device screen will go black, it is important to not unplug your device from the PC until you have selected a logo and clicked [OK] on the logo updated information popup screen, or your device display will stay black.

Attached Files
.bmp   CustomLogo2.bmp (Size: 382 bytes / Downloads: 196)
____
Δ
Join us
Thanks CosmicTruth, your explanation is awesome!
(05-26-2016, 11:29 AM)vapormaker Wrote:  Thanks CosmicTruth, your explanation is awesome!

Welcome, someone asked me in a PM and i decided it deserved a post. 微笑
____
Δ
Join us
Great Job CT!
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
not sure why, but i have an issue where the images i create get split.

IE the left side becomes right & vice versa. it splits the image not sure why
(06-10-2016, 12:15 AM)Primera Wrote:  not sure why, but i have an issue where the images i create get split.

IE the left side becomes right & vice versa. it splits the image not sure why

You might want to try a different program to save the final 2color monochrome palette bmp file, try windows paint. I have seen others with this issue and the file size is slightly larger than the normal 382 bit bitmap. when your file is right it will be 64 x 40 bmp with file size exactly 382 bytes.
____
Δ
Join us
Anyone still read this?
I can delete it if it is a "dead thread".

.jpg   Death10.jpg (Size: 1.56 KB / Downloads: 202)

Attached Files
.bmp   Death10.bmp (Size: 382 bytes / Downloads: 45)
____
Δ
Join us
(05-25-2016, 07:52 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  OK first off you will need the Joyetech firmware updater software for on your PC
and the data cable that was included with your device. Also you will need a 382 byte 64x40 custom logo with a 2 color palatte, any image that is not to these exact specifications will not work.
Start the firmware update program, then plug your device to the usb port on your PC with the data cable. The firmware update program display will change and show the hardware and firmware version of your device. Check your device as it may need to have the firmware updated to use a custom logo. Next click [LOGO] and navigate to your new custom logo. Select it and be sure to click [OK] after the logo is updated.
Note: when you click [LOGO] the device screen will go black, it is important to not unplug your device from the PC until you have selected a logo and clicked [OK] on the logo updated information popup screen, or your device display will stay black.

does this work for a smok alien??
(05-25-2016, 07:52 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  OK first off you will need the Joyetech firmware updater software for on your PC

Nice one very helpful post 微笑 I have a mod that i can use a custom logo just did not know how to do it until now 微笑
(04-05-2017, 10:46 PM)purplelotus89 Wrote:  does this work for a smok alien??

No, Smok Alien does not (AFAIK) support custom logo images.
____
Δ
Join us