Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joyetech Upgrade Firmware Poll
(06-17-2016, 10:51 PM)big_vape Wrote:  snip...
If you want a mild, medium, and high, you should adjust the wattage which affects the ramp up time (according to Joyetech).

It does, as shown on certain scope graphs by P. Busardo. In actual fact the eVic Mini has a very aggresive ramp up when wattage is set higher, good for those who have a lot of "iron" on the device. With my normal coils 5 - 7 wraps 28 ga I personally use a low wattage for exactly that reason even in TC.

(06-17-2016, 01:45 PM)Kermit Wrote:  So basically, we also ran a poll on Facebook about the firmware upgrade issues.
Here's the result:

Q2: Do you need to look at the vaping time during use frequently? If yes, please switch to Q3.
[Image: q2.png]
Not so much the vaping time but a peak ampere hold function would be interesting.

Q4: Have you ever experienced TC mode jumping into power mode with latest firmware version?
[Image: q4.png]
Very very rare. And that's the good about SS, it works in both modes. I set the power mode to a low wattage so should it jump out I am good.

Q5: Do you like the game mode?
[Image: q5.png]
Yea, I guessed that. Mostly a fad.

Q8: Do you want to change the battery status into percentage display?
[Image: q8.png]
May I suggest a battery symbol with the % inside?

Hello Kermitt, thanks for sharing this info here. I don't use Facebook so it is interesting. I added some inline comments in blue.
想法
Beware those hooligans and competitors who flood the polls with wrong answers (Q1) in temp mode for example when the button is pressed the device temperature is shown, the way the device works now it may as well not show that or maybe even go black while firing. If the display went black then I'd know all the power would be going to the coil instead of lighting up the pixels. I like modern high technologically advanced devices so for me I'd rather have the display spell out on the device screen after the puff "Your puff reached a maximum temperature of 478.3 degrees fahrenheit". Then I would even want the option of having the device in a nice relaxing feminine voice say the same thing and ask me if i have attained joy like "Cosmic your puff was 478.3 degrees fahrenheit", and some day in the near future "did you enjoy it? Please say yes or no and I will adjust it if needed". Because this device (eVic-VTC mini) does not have voice commanding and tts I'd really like to know the SW/HW versions on a splash screen so I don't have to press the fire button 20 times, and some kind of a delay so i can read the information on the display before it is lost forever. 转眼珠 酷

as far as game mode, I really like Asteroids 大咧嘴
____
Δ
Join us
Cool writing, Cosmic! Like.
(06-17-2016, 10:51 PM)big_vape Wrote:  
(06-10-2016, 09:27 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  No I'm using a 1.0 ohm SS316 coil and have TCR M1=120 M2=160 M3=200, I'm running the temp between 360-420F, I can change between the 3 tcr settings and its mild, medium and high.........

With all due respect, this comment shows you clearly have no clue or understanding of temp control. The TCR is to be set to the wire type. For 316 the specific value is 092, but because the Joyetech chip is not that accurate they give you a range instead. If you want a mild, medium, and high, you should adjust the wattage which affects the ramp up time (according to Joyetech).

I let the TCR adjust based on the coil type and temperature of the coil. imo for a lighter puff its better to leave the wattage where it is (for me) and turn the temperature down and let TP kick in. Then you don't need to wait for the coil to heat and it reaches a lower temp during the puff. The TCR does the wattage for you as it pumps less or more to the coil based on the coil temperature and the change of resistance. In actuality if I set it to 092 as you suggest i don't even get warm air, So I start there and tweak the bottom setting to something that is more better for my enjoyment. My current SS316 0.5 coil i'm running at a low 17.5W and 124-184 for my TCR settings. I get the nice vape and flavor and its the way I like to do it. If you want all your TCR's set at 92 have at it, Don't expect the 3 settings to produce different vape if they are set the same.

(06-19-2016, 10:58 PM)peter-k Wrote:  Cool writing, Cosmic! Like.

Don't pay any attention to me, I'm the crazy guy that thinks robots will take over the world like in the terminator 大咧嘴
____
Δ
Join us
(06-10-2016, 09:27 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  ....Don't expect the 3 settings to produce different vape if they are set the same.

For me it was reasonable to expect that actually and should not be too complicated to implement by the right person.

(06-19-2016, 11:33 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  
(06-10-2016, 09:27 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  No I'm using a 1.0 ohm SS316 coil and have TCR M1=120 M2=160 M3=200, I'm running the temp between 360-420F, I can change between the 3 tcr settings and its mild, medium and high.........

With all due respect, this comment shows you clearly have no clue or understanding of temp control. The TCR is to be set to the wire type. For 316 the specific value is 092, but because the Joyetech chip is not that accurate they give you a range instead. If you want a mild, medium, and high, you should adjust the wattage which affects the ramp up time (according to Joyetech).

I let the TCR adjust based on the coil type and temperature of the coil. imo for a lighter puff its better to leave the wattage where it is (for me) and turn the temperature down and let TP kick in. Then you don't need to wait for the coil to heat and it reaches a lower temp during the puff. The TCR does the wattage for you as it pumps less or more to the coil based on the coil temperature and the change of resistance. In actuality if I set it to 092 as you suggest i don't even get warm air, So I start there and tweak the bottom setting to something that is more better for my enjoyment. My current SS316 0.5 coil i'm running at a low 17.5W and 124-184 for my TCR settings. I get the nice vape and flavor and its the way I like to do it. If you want all your TCR's set at 92 have at it, Don't expect the 3 settings to produce different vape if they are set the same.

Don't pay any attention to me, I'm the crazy guy that thinks robots will take over the world like in the terminator 大咧嘴

That's fine but most users don't do that Cosmic. They input one tcr only; the tcr they know is correct for the material the're using. What you're doing is a tweak, using different tcrs with one material which is fine if you're happy with that. However is kind of not temp control anymore because the board is not sending or limiting the needed power at the temperature the user set ( in other words the temp of the same coil will be different at two different tcrs i.e 120 and 200). It's more like going towards vaping to taste in my opinion at least, which existed already with variable wattage.
(06-27-2016, 09:39 PM)proteckt3d Wrote:  
(06-10-2016, 09:27 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  ....Don't expect the 3 settings to produce different vape if they are set the same.

For me it was reasonable to expect that actually and should not be too complicated to implement by the right person.

(06-19-2016, 11:33 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  

That's fine but most users don't do that Cosmic. They input one tcr only; the tcr they know is correct for the material the're using. What you're doing is a tweak, using different tcrs with one material which is fine if you're happy with that. However is kind of not temp control anymore because the board is not sending or limiting the needed power at the temperature the user set ( in other words the temp of the same coil will be different at two different tcrs i.e 120 and 200). It's more like going towards vaping to taste in my opinion at least, which existed already with variable wattage.

I agree with this. You should set your TCR to the known value for your material. If you want to adjust the vape quality you can use the wattage to find the right ramp up speed and then adjust the temp to your liking. No need for different TCR values for the same material.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
Changing TCR will also change ramp-up and and the way protection kicks in. I choose one certain SS or Ti wire and then hardly change TCR ever.
Changing the vape - "quality" with the temp and the wattage makes sense.

No back to the firmware, I like the way the ohms are locked with Yihi boards.

(06-19-2016, 11:33 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  snipp ...

You are not alone.
You should create a Poll about the New UI in v5.04/v5.14 (Cuboid/VTc Mini).
Because it's HORRIBLE. 生气
[Image: banner.png?p=26_1_2014____30.4375__30.43...8B0_004487]