Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joyetech Upgrade Firmware Poll
Since the eVic-VTC Mini applies the upgradeable firmware with 0.96inch OLED screen, it brings us more than just vaping.
Followed by, we released Cuboid, Cuboid Mini, eGrip 2, eVic VTwo, eVic VTwo Mini... those are all firmware upgradeable.

And now we've already got millions of users around the world. Thus, we're doing this upgrade firmware poll to listen to our dear customers.

Please invite your friends to complete this poll so that we can better satisfy you in the further upgrades.

Thank you.
Under which mode would you like to use the stainless steel coil? Power mode or VT (TCR) mode?
(34 votes total)
Both are OK
23 (67.6%)
I prefer TC (TCR) mode
11 (32.4%)

Do you need to look at the vaping time during use frequently? If yes, please switch to Q3.
(28 votes total)
Yes
4 (14.3%)
No
24 (85.7%)

Do you want more duration of displaying the vaping time?
(31 votes total)
No need to
15 (48.4%)
2-3S
12 (38.7%)
3-4S
4 (12.9%)

Have you ever experienced VT mode jumping into power mode with latest firmware version?
(27 votes total)
Yes
10 (37.0%)
No
17 (63.0%)

Do you like the game mode?
(31 votes total)
Yes, it’s really interesting
3 (9.7%)
Not really
28 (90.3%)

Is it necessary to add more information into the Smart mode or Start mode?
(27 votes total)
Yes, with the power on display
14 (51.9%)
Yes, with the resistance on display
4 (14.8%)
No
9 (33.3%)

Do you want to add a boot screen?
(30 votes total)
Yes
11 (36.7%)
Not necessary
19 (63.3%)

Do you want to change the battery status into percentage display?
(32 votes total)
Yes
24 (75.0%)
No need to
8 (25.0%)

I had a bad coil that caused the device to not work in temp mode, it kept going to power, when i changed coils it fixed it.
____
Δ
Join us
I only have two complaints with my VTC Mini and Cuboid Mini.

1.) The New Coil / Same Coil rarely comes up for me. Even when switching from a .25 coil to a .4 coil. I feel like any time you hit the fire button with no atomizer attached it should automacially force the new/same to appear the next time you attach an atomizer.

2.) TC works great but it doesnt really do Dry Burn Protection very well. I have used other devices that will simply not fire when the cotton is dry.

Those two changes would make my Joyetech devices perfect.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(05-25-2016, 03:57 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  ... snip
2.) TC works great but it doesnt really do Dry Burn Protection very well. I have used other devices that will simply not fire when the cotton is dry.

Yes it doesn't. But it does Temperature Control pretty well. It would be nice if it also works better for 100 % preventing dry burn but to be honest given a choice TC is more important.
(05-25-2016, 07:17 AM)peter-k Wrote:  
(05-25-2016, 03:57 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  ... snip

Yes it doesn't. But it does Temperature Control pretty well. It would be nice if it also works better for 100 % preventing dry burn but to be honest given a choice TC is more important.

Agreed, but there are devices that do both very well. I would think that it wouldnt be to hard to come up with an algorithm that determines the temp is increasing too quickly because the coil is dry. Joyetech seems to be fully invested in the firmware updates so for that reason they have my support. It would just be a nice feature to add.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
Thanks all!
We will pass those useful information to R&D for further consideration.
I have to run my stainless builds in Power mode. it constantly kicks me out of temp mode I run from .5 down to .2 ohms
(05-25-2016, 07:50 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  I would think that it wouldnt be to hard to come up with an algorithm that determines the temp is increasing too quickly because the coil is dry.

A few people set a custom TCR to dry burn Ti without getting too hot.
I usually use power mode.

A splash screen would be useful if it showed FW version & battery voltage. I know there is another way to get battery voltage but it would much easier to see the voltage when new battery is inserted.
(05-26-2016, 07:08 PM)gfdeputy2 Wrote:  I have to run my stainless builds in Power mode. it constantly kicks me out of temp mode I run from .5 down to .2 ohms

I bet you have a short on that coil, i found a short in a factory coil and that was the symptoms. the positive end on the coil wire was too long for the insulator and when it tightened it shorted to the outside of the coil body.

SPOILER ALERT!
Here is what I had suggested as a splash screen:

.png   1-SPLASH-WELCOME1.png (Size: 1.04 KB / Downloads: 280)
____
Δ
Join us
Nice layout
I'd still like to see the actual battery voltage. e.g. 4.18v. Much easier than switching off the mod and then holding fire & left button.

It'll show how well the (internal & external) battery charger works and difference between chargers. How old the battery is e.g. 4.15v is old.

That also makes me think of usb charging. It could show voltage and current... probably not really needed