Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Primo Mini Getting Hot HW v1.01
I just got a new Primo Mini and the mod is getting much warmer, much quicker then my other mods.

I vape around 9w to 11w. I have 5 other Primo Mini's, all are Hardware Version 1.00 and I swap to a different mod when they get to between 102f to 104f (monitor using Artic Fox).

One new mod I just got gets real warm, real quick. I can feel it getting hot, none of my other mods do that. It is Hardware Version 1.01. I tried updating with FW v6.07 but I can still feel it getting hot quick. I put Artic Fox on it to monitor the temperature. The board is heating up to 111f to 113f quicker than my other mods heat up to 102f/104f.

I have to vape 30w or more for my other mods to get this hot. But this one is doing it at 10w.

Is this a problem/issue with HW v1.01?

Has anybody experienced it?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. 嗯
(05-19-2018, 06:00 PM)VapeMagoo Wrote:  <clip>

Give more details: what tanks and coils are in all your devices?
I'm not familiar with Primo Mini, but more details will help. Even New batteries might be different than old batteries for heat issues.
(05-19-2018, 08:58 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  

I'm not familiar with Primo Mini, but more details will help. Even New batteries might be different than old batteries for heat issues.

KF Prime 4.5ml SS Spaced 0.47.
Siren V2 24mm SS Spaced 0.59.
Siren V2 24mm Kanthal (stock) Spaced 1.02.
Nautilus 1.6 ohm coil.
Berserker SS Spaced 0.46.

LG MJ1, LG HG2, Sony VTC6, Sanyo 30Q, Sanyo 18650GA. All 3 to 6 months old in top condition.

Does not matter which combination of batteries/tanks I use, this mod is the only one that is running 10f hotter between 9w-11w VW mode.

Also at rest they all cool off to around 84f, even the new one that is running hot.
(05-19-2018, 06:00 PM)VapeMagoo Wrote:  I just got a new Primo Mini and the mod is getting much warmer, much quicker then my other mods.
I vape around 9w to 11w. I have 5 other Primo Mini's, all are Hardware Version 1.00 and I swap to a different mod when they get to between 102f to 104f (monitor using Artic Fox).
One new mod I just got gets real warm, real quick. I can feel it getting hot, none of my other mods do that.  It is Hardware Version 1.01. I tried updating with FW v6.07 but I can still feel it getting hot quick. I put Artic Fox on it to monitor the temperature. The board is heating up to 111f to 113f quicker than my other mods heat up to 102f/104f.
I have to vape 30w or more for my other mods to get this hot. But this one is doing it at 10w.
Is this a problem/issue with HW v1.01?
Has anybody experienced it?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.   嗯

Sorry I couldn't help, I do not know if something may be wired differently causing the device to run warmer. I do not have that particular device.
someone may be able to help you here though so don't give up.
Greetings. I have a Primo Mini, using Pro-C coils and no more than 20W. I have never experienced any overheating.

I would suggest that the following possibilities, some of which you may have already eliminated; faulty battery, poor battery connections ( this has been experienced by others see below), internal fault.

The Primo does have a complex battery door arrangement and the terminals and screws on it can become loose, if you google around you will find a few references to this.

In short- remove the battery, looking at the inside of the battery door there are three brass studs on springs- check that they are clean and push down without obstruction. Check the tightness of the 3 black headed screws that retain the terminal plate to the inside of the door. Finally check the cleanliness of all the terminals including the positive at the top of the battery compartment and the two flush brass studs on the very bottom of the mod where two of the sprung brass studs make contact when the door is closed.

If no result you will have to contact the supplier of your Mini -BTW using the Arctic Fox firmware is likely to invalidate any warranty.

Good luck and let us know of any progress!
(05-20-2018, 02:46 PM)Ippolit Wrote:  Greetings. I have a Primo Mini, using Pro-C coils and no more than 20W. I have never experienced any overheating.

I would suggest that the following possibilities, some of which you may have already eliminated; faulty battery, poor battery connections ( this has been experienced by others see below), internal fault.

The Primo does have a complex battery door arrangement and the terminals and screws on it can become loose, if you google around you will find a few references to this.

In short- remove the battery, looking at the inside of the battery door there are three brass studs on springs- check that they are clean and push down without obstruction. Check the tightness of the 3 black headed screws that retain the terminal plate to the inside of the door. Finally check the cleanliness of all the terminals including the positive at the top of the battery compartment and the two flush brass studs on the very bottom of the mod where two of the sprung brass studs make contact when the door is closed.

If no result you will have to contact the supplier of your Mini -BTW using the Arctic Fox firmware is likely to invalidate any warranty.

Warranty is useless anyways from what I heard. I was told by seller they need a video of it getting hot, how exactly would you do that without Arctic Fox. Kind of a catch 22. Checked the screws and contacts, all are fine. Let that and a good one from rest (both 84f when turned on), good one (6 months old) goes to 97f if I keep hitting the button to keep the OLED on, the bad one goes to 107f in the same amount of time. Not even a single puff, just keeping the screen on. So that is where the extra 10 degrees is coming from.

The bad one has a kind of lightly brownish, yellowed, slightly washed out looking display. Not the bright white on dark black my four older primo mini's have.

Still, the oled on the hot one is not as bad as the OLED on the second Primo mini that was delivered Friday, that one is a lot more washed out looking. But it doesn't get an extra 10 degrees hotter. Really poor quality control. Has killed my love affair with the mini, no more Joyetech or affiliates. Too big a coincidence to not suspect their dumping bad product 悲伤

I hope the two SE's I got aren't bad too.
Oh dear, I would have thought the washed out display would be a good reason for a replacement. As the seller seems unwilling, irresponsible even, do try the direct Joyetech support email for your country, absolutely worth a try.

This is the support page for the Chinese office if you don't have a distributor in your country.

http://www.joyetech.com/contact/
(05-19-2018, 09:25 PM)VapeMagoo Wrote:  
(05-19-2018, 08:58 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  

KF Prime 4.5ml SS Spaced 0.47.
Siren V2 24mm SS Spaced 0.59.
Siren V2 24mm Kanthal (stock) Spaced 1.02.
Nautilus 1.6 ohm coil.
Berserker SS Spaced 0.46.

LG MJ1, LG HG2, Sony VTC6, Sanyo 30Q, Sanyo 18650GA. All 3 to 6 months old in top condition.

Does not matter which combination of batteries/tanks I use, this mod is the only one that is running 10f hotter between 9w-11w VW mode.

Also at rest they all cool off to around 84f, even the new one that is running hot.

(05-21-2018, 08:27 PM)VapeMagoo Wrote:  
(05-20-2018, 02:46 PM)Ippolit Wrote:  Greetings. I have a Primo Mini, using Pro-C coils and no more than 20W. I have never experienced any overheating.

Warranty is useless anyways from what I heard. I was told by seller they need a video of it getting hot, how exactly would you do that without Arctic Fox. Kind of a catch 22. Checked the screws and contacts, all are fine. Let that and a good one from rest (both 84f when turned on), good one (6 months old) goes to 97f if I keep hitting the button to keep the OLED on, the bad one goes to 107f in the same amount of time. Not even a single puff, just keeping the screen on. So that is where the extra 10 degrees is coming from.

The bad one has a kind of lightly brownish, yellowed, slightly washed out looking display. Not the bright white on dark black my four older primo mini's have.

Still, the oled on the hot one is not as bad as the OLED on the second Primo mini that was delivered Friday, that one is a lot more washed out looking. But it doesn't get an extra 10 degrees hotter. Really poor quality control. Has killed my love affair with the mini, no more Joyetech or affiliates. Too big a coincidence to not suspect their dumping bad product 悲伤

I hope the two SE's I got aren't bad too.

And you have tried taking the tank and batteries from the hot one, switching with the cool one? That test would confirm it is the device and not the batts/atty causing the problem.

Also where were the devices purchased from, are they all genuine Joyetech? Or is one a clone?

Is there a way to check the HW (and FW) version in that MOD to see if they are the same?

sorry I am not more help