Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VTC mini ss temp Ohm
Hi I just upgraded my mod to the new software but I realise that when I'm in temp control ss316. my ohm resistance jumping from 0.2 to 0.36. I'm using a uwell crow tank.

do any having this same issue ?
Jumping ohm is always a conatct issue. Such as the 510 center pin not making contact well, or the coil not being fixed well to post screws, or such. You can easily verify that by trying another tank.
Hi ashok1985,

Please try vw mode or TCR as well, because SS316 coil is less temp. sensative than NI200, Ti coil.
(05-18-2016, 11:10 PM)ashok1985 Wrote:  Hi I just upgraded my mod to the new software but I realise that when I'm in temp control ss316. my ohm resistance jumping from 0.2 to 0.36. I'm using a uwell crow tank.

I am Not having that issue on my eVic-VTC Mini with Crown, using the Firmware 3.03 无法决定

Did you lock the coil when your device is cooled to room temp and it still does that?
(05-19-2016, 11:01 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  
(05-18-2016, 11:10 PM)ashok1985 Wrote:  Hi I just upgraded my mod to the new software but I realise that when I'm in temp control ss316. my ohm resistance jumping from 0.2 to 0.36. I'm using a uwell crow tank.

I am Not having that issue on my eVic-VTC Mini with Crown, using the Firmware 3.03  无法决定

Did you lock the coil when your device is cooled to room temp and it still does that?

Yes I lock the ohms.but when I try in power mode don't have this issue.but not sure is it safe to vape SS 316 in power mode since my ohm 0.26

(05-19-2016, 07:35 AM)peter-k Wrote:  Jumping ohm is always a conatct issue. Such as the 510 center pin not making contact well, or the coil not being fixed well to post screws, or such. You can easily verify that by trying another tank.

I have try cleaning and use other tank no issue. I did try ni200 works fine. only when I use ss316 mode got problem.
Well so we can exclude contact issues and also not locking the ohms.

My eVic VTC Mini works unrealiable below 0.3 ohm with SS coils. If I stay above with ohms it's fine (i usally wrap my coils around 0.7 - 0.8 ohm).
Just got my uwell crown tank and was wondering if its safe to use ss316 temp mode? I have 0.5ohm ss coils. I saw something about that not being safe and i am currently vapeing in power mode.
(05-27-2016, 07:54 PM)ohlord Wrote:  Just got my uwell crown tank and was wondering if its safe to use ss316 temp mode? I have 0.5ohm ss coils. I saw something about that not being safe and i am currently vapeing in power mode.

It is safe.
I use the Crown in SS316 mode all the time. Works very well for me.

(05-27-2016, 07:54 PM)ohlord Wrote:  Just got my uwell crown tank and was wondering if its safe to use ss316 temp mode? I have 0.5ohm ss coils. I saw something about that not being safe and i am currently vapeing in power mode.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain

With 3.04 firmware my resistance also changes while using it. After observing the device for a while I have concluded that turning on the resistance lock symbol does not lock the displayed resistance value. What locking appears to do is copy the resistance value into memory for use in further calculations and then go back to displaying the current value on the screen. Now I think of the lock as symbolizing locking a copy of the data away in a hidden safe place for future use. It seems to be working fine with the changing resistance values so I won't worry about it.