Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short-lived Cubis coils?
Heya,

Been using Joyetech kit for a good while and recently picked up the Cubis. Excellent tank, the best so far...

However, the 1.0ohm coil lifespan seems pretty darn naff, if I'm honest.
The vape is great, but on VW mode at just 11w it dies within days. Swapping to TC mode up to 30w at 230-280ºC, it starts working again but absolutely kills the battery in a very short space of time.

The 1.5 and 0.5ohm ones are fine, it's just these 1.0 coils. I've gone through four of them and they've been utter crap so far.

What's up with that?

Thanks,
Tasky.
(05-17-2016, 09:31 PM)Ttaskmaster Wrote:  What's up with that?

Perhaps you got some defective coils, or there's some other factor.

I've been using the Cubis on a Cuboid for 3 months now.

Started with the 1.5 Claptons, 2 of them lasted over 2 weeks each at 16w Power mode.

Switched to the 1.0 SS TC at 20w, 450º F.  3 each lasted 14-16 days. I'm on the 4th one now, 10 days in and still going strong.

I could actually use them longer, as they still produce satisfying vapor, but they do start to drop-off a bit at the 13-14 day mark.

Batteries (Samsung 25R) last 3 full days at @ 1.5ml/day.  With heavier use, they need a bit of boost-charge (250+/- mAh) to take me to bedtime on the 3rd day  微笑

Are your 1.0 coils in black plastic tray w/clear plastic cover, or clear plastic tray w/silver metallic cover?

Lasting is one day for me, may be around 15 ml e-liquid.
(05-17-2016, 09:31 PM)Ttaskmaster Wrote:  Heya,

Been using Joyetech kit for a good while and recently picked up the Cubis. Excellent tank, the best so far...

However, the 1.0ohm coil lifespan seems pretty darn naff, if I'm honest.
The vape is great, but on VW mode at just 11w it dies within days. Swapping to TC mode up to 30w at 230-280ºC, it starts working again but absolutely kills the battery in a very short space of time.

The 1.5 and 0.5ohm ones are fine, it's just these 1.0 coils. I've gone through four of them and they've been utter crap so far.

What's up with that?

Thanks,
Tasky.

What is the PG/VG blend of your liguid?
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
Hi guys,

(05-18-2016, 02:20 AM)Stinger Wrote:  Perhaps you got some defective coils, or there's some other factor.
It's only the 1.0 coils and I've had four, bought seperately from different batches.
It's not the juice as I've had it in many other tanks, where the coils all lasted a good 2 weeks. I'm also using it in the 0.5 coil right now and it's fine.

(05-18-2016, 02:20 AM)Stinger Wrote:  Batteries (Samsung 25R) last 3 full days at @ 1.5ml/day.

I'm using a single 18650 on a 75w mod set to 11w in VW and get one day of usage (which is normal, as I'm a heavy vaper), yet TC mode on the 1.0 kills a 3000mAh battery set to 20-30w between 230-280ºC.
It's not the mod, as it's fine with other tanks.
It's not the tank, as it's fine with other Cubis coils.
It's JUST the 1.0 coils.

(05-18-2016, 02:20 AM)Stinger Wrote:  Are your 1.0 coils in black plastic tray w/clear plastic cover, or clear plastic tray w/silver metallic cover?
Ah.... Black plastic, clear cover.
I assume these are lesser quality test models, or something?

(05-18-2016, 08:03 AM)louiesquared Wrote:  What is the PG/VG blend of your liguid?
About 45VG for my usual, but I've used 50/50 and a 60VG without any problems.
It is literally just the coil lifespan and just on the 1.0 coils.

This would be my favourite tank ever, if it weren't for this one deal-breaking issue!!
(05-18-2016, 06:19 PM)Ttaskmaster Wrote:  
(05-18-2016, 02:20 AM)Stinger Wrote:  Are your 1.0 coils in black plastic tray w/clear plastic cover, or clear plastic tray w/silver metallic cover?
Ah.... Black plastic, clear cover.
I assume these are lesser quality test models, or something?

I don't know factually, but assume that the black plastic trays were early production runs.

When the Cubis first came out, many people reported problems with the 3 coils bundled with the Cubis - these were all black plastic trays.  Many of those same people reported that replacement 5-pack coils did NOT have the same problems.  Search for "Cubis" here and you'll find those older posts.

Personally, I did not have any problems.  When I tried the 1.0 SS coil that came with my Cubis, it worked great, and I LIKED it, so I ordered a 5-pack.

The new 5-pack was packaged in clear plastic trays w/silver metallic cover, imprinted w/the "Joyetech" logo. These also work fine, but I did notice they all read slightly higher ohms than the bundled coil (1.11-1.12 vs 1.07).

I'm just guessing, based on the observations, that the clear/silver packaging is more recent production, and the quality control is better (Joyetech should chime in here and clear it up).

I have seen some online vendors still show black plastic in their photos, but those may just be stock photos, I don't know.  I have not bought from any of those vendors, all my replacements (Clapton & 1.0 SS) come in the clear/silver packaging and work fine.

That might well be the issue....
I'll get some new one from JoyetechUK directly, see if they work - My local B&M seem to only have early stock of the black plastic ones.

Thank-you, you just might have helped make my perfect tank perfect again!! 大咧嘴
Please report back if those in the pill type blister pack work better for you.
(05-19-2016, 07:39 AM)peter-k Wrote:  Please report back if those in the pill type blister pack work better for you.

Joyetech sent me another batch of the black plastic ones... *sigh*!! 生气
(06-04-2016, 10:26 AM)Ttaskmaster Wrote:  
(05-19-2016, 07:39 AM)peter-k Wrote:  Please report back if those in the pill type blister pack work better for you.

Joyetech sent me another batch of the black plastic ones... *sigh*!!  生气

Bummer, I wonder if there is a return policy direct to Joyetech. You can look close at the positive coil lead and tell if it can come in contact with the outside part of the coil and if so bend it under the rubber insulator. I have recently noticed that is the cause of most of my problematic coils. So if you don't want to return them just do a little QC on your own and they will work.