Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using BF SS316 1.0 Ohm with Cubis? Have many issues.
问题 
Hi all,

I have the VTC Mini with Cubis BF SS316 1.0 Ohm. And have many issues.

Well, it's very strange that I don't get much vape at the SS mode with same Wattage on Power mode.
On power mode with the same Wattage I get huge Vape. But also I get often burnt taste. This is really bothering me.

With SS mode I don't get any burnt taste, but too little vape and on power mode I got great vape with great taste but very often burnt taste. I don't know what it is but, I now set it on 21.5 Watt. Because with 27 Watt i taste burnt. No matter what I do..

Is there any BEST Wattage for this coil?
Im confused. Both of the modes are not great. Even the Start Mode on 18W (Joyetech's recomended Wattage) I got burnt taste.

Gonna throw the whole thing out.. I'm really pissed off. I mean, I bought the VTC and the Cubis. Spend much money and got just piece of crap.

SS mode: Not enough vape *need to suck very hard* I know it sounds not best.
Power Mode: Great vape and taste. *Too often burnt taste*
Start Mode: Burnt taste.

I tried different coils from the same ohm 1.0 on VW mode in all wattages, seems I need to have a best wattage.

Please help me.
SS Mode is a Temp Control mode. You have to raise the temperature in order to get more vapor.
“Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.”  - Mark Twain
(05-09-2016, 03:26 AM)Xsengsu Wrote:  [...]
[...]

This is an old post but many people still have this problem.

As it happens my daily vape is an eVic VTC mini with Cubis and 1.0 ohm SS316 coil.  So far I have had no problems with it at all but there are a few things to watch for.

First thing is the composition of the juice.  VG is thick and having more of it will cause the juice to flow more slowly.  Most atomizers have juice ports that are sized to let in the correct amount of a liquid with a 50/50 PG/VG base.  Thicker juice will flow more slowly and starve the heating coil of cooling juice.  This will cause it to burn in wattage mode or emit less vapour in temperature control mode.  

There really is no sensible reason to reduce PG in juice.  One person in twenty is sensitive to PG and will suffer temporary eye and/throat irritation if they are exposed to it.  Almost everyone that is sensitive to PG already knows it because the stuff is used in many common things and they will have reacted to it long before now.  

Once the correct 50/50 PG/VG juice is purchased then the mod needs to be set up correctly for the tank and coil.  

Here is what I do:  With a cold tank and atomizer I set it to Temp SS316 mode and lock the resistance.  Then I adjust the power level to 17.5 Watts which the middle of the power range for that coil.  For the optional preheat I set it to 22.5W (10% less than the maximum for the coil) for 0.2 seconds.  My temperature is set to 330F because that is above the flash point for the liquid but below the scorch point for the cotton wicking material.  [Cotton starts to slowly decompose at 300F but only when it is dry.]

With the correct juice and settings the eVic mini and Cubis tank with 1.0 ohm SS316 coil can reliably deliver small puffs of vapour like a cigarette would.  Increasing vapour volume by very much would require a different atomizer.

(05-09-2016, 03:26 AM)Xsengsu Wrote:  [...]
[...]

This is an old post but many people still have this problem.

As it happens my daily vape is an eVic VTC mini with Cubis and 1.0 ohm SS316 coil.  So far I have had no problems with it at all but there are a few things to watch for.

First thing is the composition of the juice.  VG is thick and having more of it will cause the juice to flow more slowly.  Most atomizers have juice ports that are sized to let in the correct amount of a liquid with a 50/50 PG/VG base.  Thicker juice will flow more slowly and starve the heating coil of cooling juice.  This will cause it to burn in wattage mode or emit less vapour in temperature control mode.  

There really is no sensible reason to reduce PG in juice.  One person in twenty is sensitive to PG and will suffer temporary eye and/throat irritation if they are exposed to it.  Almost everyone that is sensitive to PG already knows it because the stuff is used in many common things and they will have reacted to it long before now.  

Once the correct 50/50 PG/VG juice is purchased then the mod needs to be set up correctly for the tank and coil.  

Here is what I do:  With a cold tank and atomizer I set it to Temp SS316 mode and lock the resistance.  Then I adjust the power level to 17.5 Watts which the middle of the power range for that coil.  For the optional preheat I set it to 22.5W (10% less than the maximum for the coil) for 0.2 seconds.  My temperature is set to 330F because that is above the flash point for the liquid but below the scorch point for the cotton wicking material.  [Cotton starts to slowly decompose at 300F but only when it is dry.]

With the correct juice and settings the eVic mini and Cubis tank with 1.0 ohm SS316 coil can reliably deliver small puffs of vapour like a cigarette would.  Increasing vapour volume by very much would require a different atomizer.