Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should the delay time be?
I know on eVic-VTC Mini the delay time from when I take a puff, to when the display goes back to normal is 0 seconds. This may be the same on other units. I believe that delay should be longer, so I can look at the length of the puff and max Amps.
Also the time display delay before the device shows the custom logo is now 4 seconds, I think even that is too short, you may think different. Please select the closest poll selection to your choice and comment below.

How long should the delay be showing the screen information before it returns to normal and/or the custom logo?

Please don't comment on your choice, so readers can make their own uninfluenced choice
Delay Time to look at last puff information, and delay before showing the custom logo.
(9 votes total)
0 Seconds
1 (11.1%)
4 Seconds
6 (66.7%)
7 Seconds
2 (22.2%)
10 Seconds
0 (0%)
12 Seconds
0 (0%)
15 Seconds
0 (0%)
Till keypress
0 (0%)

____
Δ
Join us
2 - 3 seconds
I just timed some puffs from the time I started till the time I finished exhaling and the average time was actually 14 to 17 seconds, so even tho I have already taken the poll if i'd do it again I would want at least 15 seconds, possibly 20. And in my opinion a menu driven selection would be great to be able to select, and everyone would be happy. Or actually 4-7 seconds because I forgot to subtract the 10 second puff time.

0 seconds
5 seconds
10 seconds
15 seconds
20 seconds
Till key tap

could be the choices, something like

.png   12-display delay1.png (Size: 3.03 KB / Downloads: 84)
____
Δ
Join us
Would you mind explaining again why would you want that puff information so long staying on-screen?
I'm completely with you there should be a freeze of puff information.
(05-10-2016, 10:24 PM)peter-k Wrote:  Would you mind explaining again why would you want that puff information so long staying on-screen?

Just to have time to read it, presently there is a 0 delay on the last puff information. So for instance you can change the time, puff counter, and amps on the device, but with a 0 second delay you can never see the amps of the last puff so it is sort of a useless setting. all the modes have a display that changes during the puff but they all delay 0 seconds so for me (an old man with bad eyes and slow brain) there may as well be no change to the display while puffing. The Temp Ni screen shows the Watts for the last puff, I have never been able to see that either other than I know it changes during puff.
____
Δ
Join us
(05-10-2016, 10:36 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  
(05-10-2016, 10:24 PM)peter-k Wrote:  Would you mind explaining again why would you want that puff information so long staying on-screen?

Just to have time to read it, presently there is a 0 delay on the last puff information. So for instance you can change the time, puff counter, and amps on the device, but with a 0 second delay you can never see the amps of the last puff so it is sort of a useless setting. all the modes have a display that changes during the puff but they all delay 0 seconds so for me (an old man with bad eyes and slow brain) there may as well be no change to the display while puffing. The Temp Ni screen shows the Watts for the last puff, I have never been able to see that either other than I know it changes during puff.

I voted for a 4 second delay but I like the idea of choosing the delay in some settings. According to the wattcounter during Tempmode draws...well, those wattages are variable, they change all the time (while you fire and inhale) and are highly dependend on how you draw and on the preset initial power. The intended delay feature would be useless in this case.
So what do we want to freeze? The peak values, the highest amperage drawn and the highest temp reached.
(05-11-2016, 08:05 AM)peter-k Wrote:  So what do we want to freeze? The peak values, the highest amperage drawn and the highest temp reached.

Yes whatever is changing in the mode your in while taking a puff (peak), as well as the delay before the custom logo covers that part of the screen.
____
Δ
Join us
I think you can reverse the display to see the length of the puff and max Amps while vaping.
=)
(05-13-2016, 05:26 PM)vapormaker Wrote:  I think you can reverse the display to see the length of the puff and max Amps while vaping.
=)

When you get old like me, and your eyes quit focusing close, you will see that almost works 微笑
____
Δ
Join us