Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Firmware for Cuboid/Cuboid Mini/eVic-VTC Mini Launching News
(05-04-2016, 10:29 PM)user359 Wrote:  vtc mini for windows is good http://www.joyetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/win/UpdateFirmware.zip
Still doesn't work for me. Neither with linux unzip nor with windows 8.1. 悲伤
same here, too. Alsi the vtc link doen't work. It still won't open and it still tells me - via extraction - that the file is empty.
Try this
https://1fichier.com/?b0ned8povn
悲伤 
Thanks for your help. Unfortunately this still doesn't work. Following that link, I'll get a .rar file and nothing on my pc is able to read those files (never heard of rar either)

Wait...I'll take that back. I downloaded 7-zip (freeware) and could unpack the whole bunch of files. Now it works just like it did with the last update. I'm happy now. Thanks a lot.
I did not create that archive. It's exactly what I downloaded from joyetech except for one thing. I checked the file header in a hex editor and it was "Rar!" so I changed extension from zip to rar.
(05-05-2016, 12:59 AM)Quelvik Wrote:  Thanks for your help. Unfortunately this still doesn't work. Following that link, I'll get a .rar file and nothing on my pc is able to read those files (never heard of rar either)

Wait...I'll take that back. I downloaded 7-zip (freeware) and could unpack the whole bunch of files. Now it works just like it did with the last update. I'm happy now. Thanks a lot.
Hey guys, both windows version and mac version don't work?
also, we double-checked both win/mac, they all work fine.
I just re-downloaded the Win version and using Win 10 i get this error when I try to unzip it.[Image: FIRMWARE_UPDATE_ERROR1.jpg]
I'm still enjoying my eVic-VTC Mini while I patiently wait for it to get fixed (or the next version).
*PUFFFFFFF* 微笑

(05-05-2016, 09:04 AM)Kermit Wrote:  also, we double-checked both win/mac, they all work fine.

What are you un-zipping them with? i tried windows and win-zip i get error.
____
Δ
Join us
(05-05-2016, 06:21 AM)user359 Wrote:  I did not create that archive. It's exactly what I downloaded from joyetech except for one thing. I checked the file header in a hex editor and it was "Rar!" so I changed extension from zip to rar.

[Image: Xpwyc5Z.png]

It's a rar file, not zip. Rename to UpdateFirmware.rar and it will work.

Joyetech should recreate archive as a zip
(05-05-2016, 09:49 AM)user359 Wrote:  
(05-05-2016, 06:21 AM)user359 Wrote:  I did not create that archive. It's exactly what I downloaded from joyetech except for one thing. I checked the file header in a hex editor and it was "Rar!" so I changed extension from zip to rar.

It's a rar file, not zip. Rename to UpdateFirmware.rar and it will work.

Joyetech should recreate archive as a zip

Yes I just noticed the same thing, I downloaded WinRar and it worked to unzip the file.
____
Δ
Join us