Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuboid Mini Kit flooding and spitting
(05-22-2016, 03:18 PM)azwip Wrote:  
(05-22-2016, 03:07 PM)Boravik Wrote:  
(05-22-2016, 03:02 PM)azwip Wrote:  Howdy....before anyone gives up on this device...I had same issue on day 2 with my cuboid mini....I simply went to local vape shop...spent a buck or so on a tip that is angled....it's a bit adjustable as well....can change angle and spin it...anyway....anyways...still gurgles and tries to spit....lol...nothing gets past the angle. Works great for me! I use .5 and set to 22 to 25 watts. No more burning my lip or getting fluid shot into mouth. I have not needed to install screens etc....for me...works great! Lots of vape great flavor etc.

Hope this helps.

Azwip

Thanks for reply
But no vapes at 20 25 watts ??

It requires minimum 50 to generate sufficient amount of vapes

Hmmmm...maybe I'm confused...looking at screen in mine..with .5 ohm coil....set to 22 w....I get plenty of vapor? Am I not looking at correct unit or info? Lol....again....I could be mistaken...I can set watts higher....but for me...I can't see through the vapor cloud with this unit... And these settings....mine reads: power22.0....volt 3.42....coil 0.51

Sorry if any confusion.

Ps...not using the notch coil

Hmm thats ok
I got the best vape on .25 ohm notch coil at 55 watt and aftre the puff boom hot liquid in my mouth
(05-22-2016, 03:27 PM)Boravik Wrote:  
(05-22-2016, 03:02 PM)azwip Wrote:  Howdy....before anyone gives up on this device...I had same issue on day 2 with my cuboid mini....I simply went to local vape shop...spent a buck or so on a tip that is angled....it's a bit adjustable as well....can change angle and spin it...anyway....anyways...still gurgles and tries to spit....lol...nothing gets past the angle. Works great for me! I use .5 and set to 22 to 25 watts. No more burning my lip or getting fluid shot into mouth. I have not needed to install screens etc....for me...works great! Lots of vape great flavor etc.

Hope this helps.

Azwip

Thanks for reply

Hmmmm...maybe I'm confused...looking at screen in mine..with .5 ohm coil....set to 22 w....I get plenty of vapor? Am I not looking at correct unit or info? Lol....again....I could be mistaken...I can set watts higher....but for me...I can't see through the vapor cloud with this unit... And these settings....mine reads: power22.0....volt 3.42....coil 0.51

Sorry if any confusion.

Hmm thats ok
I got the best vape on .25 ohm notch coil at 55 watt and aftre the puff boom hot liquid in my mouth

Roger that...try that angled tip....no more burn to lips and mouth ! Works great imo!
(05-22-2016, 03:30 PM)azwip Wrote:  

Hope this helps.

Azwip

Thanks for reply

Sorry if any confusion.

Hmm thats ok

Roger that...try that angled tip....no more burn to lips and mouth ! Works great imo!

Seems the only option
But could this be because of liquid??
Hmmm, possibly... seems it gurgles and spits more depending on juice... again though, with that tip... no big deal either way.
Hello all.

I hope its ok to sort of hijac this old thread. I've got a double whammy against me here - new to vaping and have a Cuboid Mini that spits. The guys at the shop set me up and I was having pretty good luck for about three weeks. I swapped the coil to a Notch Coil and started having issues. Much popping and spitting, mostly after a refill or after setting for a bit. I did have minor spitting with the original coil.

I am going to look into the angled mouth piece as a solution but I primarily want to make sure I've got this setup correctly. After the Notch Coil my battery life is poo and the tank heats up quite a bit, more then the original coil I was using.

I updated the firmware to 3.03 - latest for the Cuboid Mini. After doing that I lost a few of the modes as options on the device, strange. I now only see POWER, BYPASS, TEMP NI, TCR 120 M1-M3. The device seems to auto configure with the change of Coil. With the Notch Coil installed it sets to POWER, Volt:3.05v, Coil: .23ohm, and AMP: 0a. I have it running at 40.5w.

After using it a bit I can get it to give clean hits, almost like I'm burning off excess. The tank is still warmer than I'm comfortable with.

I just want a moderate setting that will work reliably to start off. That way I can rule out incorrect settings, etc.

Thanks for any help.
(06-30-2016, 10:13 AM)faceplant Wrote:  Hello all.
I hope its ok to sort of hijac this old thread. I've got a double whammy against me here - new to vaping and have a Cuboid Mini that spits. The guys at the shop set me up and I was having pretty good luck for about three weeks. I swapped the coil to a Notch Coil and started having issues. Much popping and spitting, mostly after a refill or after setting for a bit. I did have minor spitting with the original coil.
I am going to look into the angled mouth piece as a solution but I primarily want to make sure I've got this setup correctly. After the Notch Coil my battery life is poo and the tank heats up quite a bit, more then the original coil I was using.
I updated the firmware to 3.03 - latest for the Cuboid Mini. After doing that I lost a few of the modes as options on the device, strange. I now only see POWER, BYPASS, TEMP NI, TCR 120 M1-M3. The device seems to auto configure with the change of Coil. With the Notch Coil installed it sets to POWER, Volt:3.05v, Coil: .23ohm, and AMP: 0a. I have it running at 40.5w.
After using it a bit I can get it to give clean hits, almost like I'm burning off excess. The tank is still warmer than I'm comfortable with.
I just want a moderate setting that will work reliably to start off. That way I can rule out incorrect settings, etc.
Thanks for any help.

Notch coil is SS316, you can change that, change to temp mode and press the left button, then the right button changes the coil type. the amp: 0a is a live display that changes when you fire the device, you can change that to puffs and puff time. The coil can be locked by selecting it and clicking the right button, do this when the device is cooled to room temperature. The settings can be adjusted to get the desired vapor/flavor but its best to start low and work upward.
____
Δ
Join us
Notch coil is SS316, you can change that, change to temp mode and press the left button, then the right button changes the coil type. the amp: 0a is a live display that changes when you fire the device, you can change that to puffs and puff time. The coil can be locked by selecting it and clicking the right button, do this when the device is cooled to room temperature. The settings can be adjusted to get the desired vapor/flavor but its best to start low and work upward.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for your reply! For some reason after the firmware update I no longer have the SS316 option/mode. Are you suggesting I switch to that mode?
(05-22-2016, 06:46 PM)Boravik Wrote:  
(05-22-2016, 03:30 PM)azwip Wrote:  
(05-22-2016, 03:07 PM)Boravik Wrote:  Thanks for reply

Sorry if any confusion.

Hmm thats ok

Seems the only option
But could this be because of liquid??

I just got mine today and I had the same problem; I expend a lot of time and different settings until I figured the Cubiod mini stops spit using temperature control at 250 celsius degrees and 50W power. I keep trying more changes and to me it works perfect at 300 celsius degrees and 50W

hope it helps you guys. 微笑
(07-01-2016, 08:51 AM)faceplant Wrote:  Notch coil is SS316, you can change that, change to temp mode and press the left button, then the right button changes the coil type. the amp: 0a is a live display that changes when you fire the device, you can change that to puffs and puff time. The coil can be locked by selecting it and clicking the right button, do this when the device is cooled to room temperature. The settings can be adjusted to get the desired vapor/flavor but its best to start low and work upward.

Thank you so much for your reply! For some reason after the firmware update I no longer have the SS316 option/mode. Are you suggesting I switch to that mode?
[/quote]

You have SS316 mode still, its just accessed different. 3 click to settings, right click cycle to temp mode, left click to adjust mode, right click to change through all the modes, then fire button locks your selection.

(07-01-2016, 05:30 PM)GermanMX Wrote:  I just got mine today and I had the same problem; I expend a lot of time and different settings until I figured the Cubiod mini stops spit using temperature control at 250 celsius degrees and 50W power. I keep trying more changes and to me it works perfect at 300 celsius degrees and 50W

hope it helps you guys. 微笑

Yes it is a trick to get it at just the right power/temp, and that perfect setting does reduce the spit. The trick is to start low and work upward till you get the desired result, too high and the coil will burn. I learned cotton burns around 420F so i try to keep the temp below that.
____
Δ
Join us
I fixed it. The air flow widens when you turn the airflow ring clockwise. It stops spitting when the temperature is high enough like 250C said above.