Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FIXED: CUBIS Spitting & Burning Coil Issue
SOLUTION FOUND - THIS WORKS - PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

I was facing the same issue with my CUBIS when using the provided RBA Heads and 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5 ohm Heads.
I was getting serious amounts of Hot Oil Spitting at me through the mouthpiece. It was very unpleasant.

How did i fix this?

Follow the steps below. Follow this process to set up your tank every time and you wont have any issues.

STEP 1: Put a 2-3 drops of ejuice in middle hole for 1.0, and 1.5 ohm heads or put 3-5 drops of ejuice on cotton for 0.5 ohm and RBA Heads (to prevent dry burn)
STEP 2: Fill tank a BELOW max fill line (IMPORTANT)
STEP 3: Screw the atomizer tube to the tank base and connect to eVic or which ever MOD you are using
STEP 4: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles form from air pockets.
STEP 5: Take 10 dry hits (1 sec each) without firing the coils
STEP 6: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles from air pockets.
STEP 7: Take 10 quick 1 second puffs with power this time (this will help the new coil heat up)
STEP 8: Take 5 dry hits (1 sec each) without firing the coils
STEP 9: Take 5 quick 2-3 second puffs with power this time (you will taste the flavor better now)
*Some times i repeat STEPS 7-8 a sew more times.

NOTE: I follow these steps every time i install a new head or reinstall a rebuilt RBA.
When i top up the tank with more ejuice (without changing head) i follow steps 2-9 only.

The above steps have been taken from Dwaine Adkin's "Joyetech Cubis new coil setup" video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yHbaNG-Vqw

Sounds funny but this works!
(04-30-2016, 03:25 PM)Dash Wrote:  SOLUTION FOUND - THIS WORKS - PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

I was facing the same issue with my CUBIS when using the provided RBA Heads and 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5 ohm Heads.
I was getting serious amounts of Hot Oil Spitting at me through the mouthpiece. It was very unpleasant.

How did i fix this?

Follow the steps below. Follow this process to set up your tank every time and you wont have any issues.

STEP 1: Put a 2-3 drops of ejuice in middle hole for 1.0, and 1.5 ohm heads or put 3-5 drops of ejuice on cotton for 0.5 ohm and RBA Heads (to prevent dry burn)
STEP 3: Screw the atomizer tube to the tank base and connect to eVic or which ever MOD you are using
STEP 4: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles form from air pockets.
STEP 6: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles from air pockets.
STEP 7: Take 10 quick 1 second puffs with power this time (this will help the new coil heat up)
STEP 9: Take 5 quick 2-3 second puffs with power this time (you will taste the flavor better now)

NOTE:  I follow these steps every time i install a new head or reinstall a rebuilt RBA.
         When i top up the tank with more ejuice (without changing head) i follow steps 2-9 only.

The above steps have been taken from Dwaine Adkin's "Joyetech Cubis new coil setup" video:

Agree and If it is still spitting be sure to firmly tighten the tank cap and repeat the above steps.
____
Δ
Join us
I follow Step 1 only, as with all my tanks, and have never had a Spitting or Burning Coil Issue. This little tank has been performing superbly since day 1. This poor Cubis tank has been poorly maligned and underrated. SS .5 coil.
Thanks Dash for sharing your experience here!
夸奖 
Thank you very much for posting this, ever since I got my Cuboid mini kit I've been going nuts because of the flooding/spitting. Was only able to use the 1.5 Clapton, as it doesn't seem to flood as easy.

After following your guide it is working better than I ever imagined!
(04-30-2016, 03:25 PM)Dash Wrote:  SOLUTION FOUND - THIS WORKS - PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

How did i fix this?

NOTE:  I follow these steps every time i install a new head or reinstall a rebuilt RBA.

AWESOME!!! Thanks for the tip!

I have different solutions, perhaps less complicated.

When I started using the Cubis, it would flood the coil at every refill, causing gurgling for the first 5-6 hits.  So I thought about how this new top airflow system worked, and came to this conclusion.

The Cubis has a design flaw: the airflow control DOES NOT FULLY CLOSE!  and it really needs to.

Here's my solution to that: (picture links to a web page w/full details).  Has worked perfectly for me - 25 refills now with no more flooding or gurgling.

[Image: installed-small.jpg]

As for priming the coil, avoiding dry hits and all the twists & turns of steps 2-9. This works fine on the 1.5 clapton & 1.0 SS coils.  I don't use the 0.5 SS, but suspect it would work equally well.

Put drops into the coil as usual, but DON'T stop at 5 drops.

Watch carefully as you keep adding drops: each drop will soak into the wick.

When you get to a drop that DOESN'T soak into the wick: STOP!  The wick is now 1 drop over fully saturated, and you know how many drops it takes from your particular bottle.

Screw the coil on the chimney, and with the O-ring depicted above installed, blow into the drip-tip until a drop is expelled from the bottom juice feed holes (this is the last drop added, which over-filled the coil).

The coil is now fully saturated, not flooded, ready for immediate use.

Cover the drip-tip opening, screw the top on, remove the O-ring, vape away.  微笑
Stinger, that looks like it would only work with a brand new tank?
I use a method when I refill the tank using a Q-tip down the barrel, and swinging the device upside down. A 0.5 coil spits hardly at all, and definitely not like it would if I just fill and go.
check http://social.joyetech.com/showthread.php?tid=2757&pid=11181#pid11181 for the complete description what I do, its quick, easy, cheap, and you can do it on each refill.
____
Δ
Join us
(05-18-2016, 06:05 AM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  Stinger, that looks like it would only work with a brand new tank?

Not at all.  Both methods work perfectly at every refill & coil change on the same tank.

Joyetech would have you hold it upside down & swing it about - a ridiculous requirement.  All that does is spread the excess juice up the chimney, and if you don't hit on it in short order, most of the juice will drain back into the coil, re-flooding it.  A Q-tip, as you use, sops up the excess so it can't drain back.

Point is, Joyetech need to re-design the AFC ring so it SHUTS OFF 100% of airflow.  IMO, this would cure the majority of the flooding/gurgling/spitting issues users are reporting.

ps.  as I said, I don't use the 0.5 SS coil, so can't vouch for that, but I see no reason it shouldn't work equally as well as it does with the other coils.

I just take the driptip off, turn the atomizer upside down with a piece of paper towel over the hole and swing it swiftly a few times after refilling and it gurgles or if I 'over prime' a new coil and it gurgles. (test without firering) all the excess juice is in the paper towel and the cubis do not gurgle or spit anything afterwards, and you are sure new coils are properly primed.

I never had any problems with re flooding, contrary I find it works every time, with every type of coil. and its pretty easy compared to the long guide in the OP.
sorry stinger but you mentioned ridicules, I am going to hold my words on your diy 'solution' pic compared to the simple trick others and I use. 眨眼

you have a point though if joyetech reversed the way the air intake works so clockwise (the way you tighten it) lowered the intake instead of opening it and it closed shut it should fix things.