Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 and half months in and cuboid is having issues
Just read this on the internet, maybe similar to your problem? or something else to try?

"People who own the Cuboid and have had problems with Temp Control with Stainless Steel Coils after updating firmware. Here is a solution. On average Cotton wicking material burns at around 360 degrees however after updating your firmware to 3.11 or 3.12 you may experience temp protection kicking in early when using SS coils. There is a problem with accurate temp readings/settings on the cuboid.The Temp settings are between 50-60 degrees off. In order to use Temp Control with SS316 you need to set your temp to a minimum of 400 degrees, and lock the Ohm readings for your coil."

this may not be the same as it deals with erratic temp and not your problem but thought you may want to try this as it may fix your issue also.
(04-29-2016, 01:59 PM)vapormaker Wrote:  
(04-29-2016, 11:20 AM)peter-k Wrote:  If the vape is to weak / vapour too cold set it to 102.

The default TCR for SS316 should be 120, 92 is way lower than it. Vapors are lighter and cold.

According to Steam Engine 316 / L has TCR 88 in the temperature range relevant for vaping. I personally am using 92. http://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz.asp . But I heard UD wire is off. Where is the 120 from?
Well everything was fine until the battery connections attached to the battery door broke off just now. Guess the cuboid just wasn't for me. Thanks for all the help and advice from everyone in this thread.