Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Parliamentary Bill To Scrap The TPD
[Image: palace_of_westminster_london_-_feb_2007_...k=SkF0kfdg]

A Bill is slowly making its way through Parliament that aims to remove the restrictions placed on the electronic cigarette market. The Tobacco Products Directive brought in limits on tank size, bottle size and nicotine content – Christopher Chope MP’s Private Member’s Bill has passed its first reading, but still faces an uphill journey and little chance of success.

It is a fact that only 4% of bills ever make it without failing, the Electronic Cigarettes (Regulation) Bill 2017-19 may succeed by virtue of the fact that it will be tied to Brexit.

The bill proposes that electronic cigarettes are removed from requirements laid down by the Tobacco Products Directive, and that they are considered separate to tobacco cigarette legislation.

The plan is for stipulations regarding advertising, tank capacity, bottle size, contents and packaging to be revoked on 30 March 2019, the day following the date Britain is set to leave the European Union.

Planet of the Vapes supports any move that reverses the illogical restriction of tank and bottle capacities. We believe that the limit placed on juice bottles simply leads to a greater production of packaging waste, including plastics, without any direct benefit to health.

No mention is made of the concentration limit applied to nicotine in eliquids. We hope that this will be addressed during further stages as the arbitrary maximum strength is illogical and poses a barrier to current smokers successfully switching.

Christopher Chope MP has previously voted against smoking bans

The Second Reading will occur on the Friday 16 March 2018.

Christopher Chope MP’s office has been approached for comment.
No Matter How You VAPE
Enjoy Your Style And Be Very PROUD
of the fact that you No Longer Smoke
I won't get too excited, the vested interests will overpower the bill.
(03-17-2018, 03:32 AM)Ippolit Wrote:  I won't get too excited, the vested interests will overpower the bill.

I'm not getting excited either . Although I really wish I could just go and buy my favourite Eliquid in 500ml like I used too I'm very limited in what I can vape
No Matter How You VAPE
Delayed by some of our dear leaders burbling on too long on other matters, and others snoring in the chamber 眨眼

Bill to be read a Second time on Friday 27 April.

Electronic Cigarettes (Regulation) Bill

Motion made, That the Bill be now read a Second time.
(03-17-2018, 08:23 PM)Ippolit Wrote:  Delayed by some of our dear leaders burbling on too long on other matters, and others snoring in the chamber 眨眼

Bill to be read a Second time on Friday 27 April.

Electronic Cigarettes (Regulation) Bill

Motion made, That the Bill be now read a Second time.

How many more times do they have to read it 悲伤
No Matter How You VAPE
Private Bills have an arcane process to go through, rather than being delayed by running out of time as I thought at first, it appears that there were objections to the reading ... It has a very slim chance of proceeding further and an even smaller chance of being accepted. Soon be 27th April.
2nd reading: House of Commons | 26.10.2018

Snore..... Private Member's Bills are very slow to progress and only a tiny percentage get any further than the second reading, in addition Mr Chope is a very, very strange man and an unpopular MP in the House - I don't hold out any hope that this will end up on the statute books.