Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got Cuboid. Love it, but questions.
Love this battery. I had an eLeaf 50w before and the button essentially died on it. Made a big step coming to this feature-full battery. Loving it. I like the shape and the weight. Love the display too.

I am using Crius v3 tank (http://www.obsnsmoke.com/pro_details.asp?ID=174)
I am using Kanthal, clapton coil (26core/32wrap). 6 wraps. I get fluctuation.. .35, .37 and sometimes .44. Is this normal?
- I've used 40watts seems best. Is there an advantage to Smart mode? I don't see it. I don't understand what Smart mode is as it initially sets my watts to 24 which is very low.
Is there a way to change the color of the display? Green for example? Feature request for firmware?
Is there a way to lower the time to clear display. 10 seconds seems long.
Is the brightness level adjustable?
What's the difference charging via the battery itself or a standalone charger? Is it just time to charge?

Thanks in advance, I hope this thing lasts longer than my eLeaf.
[Image: quit-smoking-banner.php?key=45529]
(04-06-2016, 01:17 AM)Flukester Wrote:  Love this battery. I had an eLeaf 50w before and the button essentially died on it. Made a big step coming to this feature-full battery. Loving it. I like the shape and the weight. Love the display too.

I am using Crius v3 tank (http://www.obsnsmoke.com/pro_details.asp?ID=174)
I am using Kanthal, clapton coil (26core/32wrap). 6 wraps. I get fluctuation.. .35, .37 and sometimes .44. Is this normal?
- I've used 40watts seems best. Is there an advantage to Smart mode? I don't see it. I don't understand what Smart mode is as it initially sets my watts to 24 which is very low.
Is there a way to change the color of the display? Green for example? Feature request for firmware?
Is there a way to lower the time to clear display. 10 seconds seems long.
Is the brightness level adjustable?
What's the difference charging via the battery itself or a standalone charger? Is it just time to charge?

Thanks in advance, I hope this thing lasts longer than my eLeaf.
Congrats The Cuboid is a great Mod!
I believe Smart Mode was designed for the Cubis tank but I am not sure & don't use it
No color changes for screen yet but I am hoping!
No way I know of to shorten time of screen delay
No contrast adjustment yet But I am hoping for this too
I don't know if there is an advantage as the Cuboid is the first duel 18650 mod I have seen with onboard charging
I still perfer to only use my nitecore charger unless I absolutely have to charge it onboard. I was always told to use a stand alone charger so that is what I still do

The Smart Mode is mainly to remember the output settings for certain resistance. Also, with its simple interface it's easy to use.
Many thanks to gfdeputy2 for your answers. As to the charging, it is better to charge the batteries in a standalone charger, not only time saving, but also can avoid voltage difference.
You are welcome Kermit
I will also add that there are some really nice affordable stand alone chargers out there
I think I paid less then $20 USD for my Nitecore D2 (duel battery charger)
& now getting an Xtar Vc4 approx $30 USD (4 bay charger) as I have roughly a dozen 18650 batteries
I also charge AA & AAA batteries on them

Thanks for your help gfdeputy2 and kermit! Good to hear! Still got one question 48+ hrs of use.

I notice, while using Kanthal 26guage, the resistance value keeps fluctuating each time I turn it on. I get from .44 - .62 sometimes even .7. The wattage also change by .1-1.0 watts. I am on firmware 3.11 and I use coil master to make my coils.

Based on coil calculator, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong and my old eLeaf battery always reported correctly. I've tried tightening the screws on the posts. Nothing seems to keep it stable. Is this normal?

Dual coil - 26guage kanthal a1, 10 wraps = .5 resistance

My resistence/coil tester reports between .47 and .49

EDIT: I might know what is going on. The tank is not screwed on tight enough.
(04-06-2016, 09:25 PM)Flukester Wrote:  Thanks for your help gfdeputy2 and kermit! Good to hear! Still got one question 48+ hrs of use.

I notice, while using Kanthal 26guage, the resistance value keeps fluctuating each time I turn it on. I get from .44 - .62 sometimes even .7. The wattage also change by .1-1.0 watts. I am on firmware 3.11 and I use coil master to make my coils.

Based on coil calculator, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong and my old eLeaf battery always reported correctly. I've tried tightening the screws on the posts. Nothing seems to keep it stable. Is this normal?

Dual coil - 26guage kanthal a1, 10 wraps = .5 resistance

My resistence/coil tester reports between .47 and .49

EDIT: I might know what is going on. The tank is not screwed on tight enough.

i was going to say check to see if the tank is on right lol 舌
(04-07-2016, 05:03 AM)bey1012 Wrote:  i was going to say check to see if the tank is on right lol 舌

Hehe! Well, I didn't have to screw the tank on as tight on my last battery, in fact it used to swivel. Must be a contact issue with this battery. The only side-effect is the air vent can be difficult to turn.

Still loving the battery!