Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Pleased with the Cubis
Just upgraded from the Tron S to the Cubis for my VTC Mini. The prebuilt coils are cheaper, the vape has more flavor, filling is super easy, and it looks real sleek.

Kinda wish that this was the atty that was included with the VTC Mini starter kit.

Using the SS 0.5 coil at 28.5w, 500f in TC mode. 70/30 juice. Fantastic tank.
(02-21-2016, 02:35 PM)HotPeppahs Wrote:  Just upgraded from the Tron S to the Cubis for my VTC Mini. The prebuilt coils are cheaper, the vape has more flavor, filling is super easy, and it looks real sleek.

Kinda wish that this was the atty that was included with the VTC Mini starter kit.

嗯
You must be the ONLY person who thinks this (unless you either work for Joyetech, or they paid you for this comment!
I have Mega tank, Tron-S tank, and Cubis.
Cubis always gives me spitback, coils flood, and juice starts boiling in coil.
I have tried SS-0.5, SS-0.6, SS-1.0 NC-0.25, RBA vertical, RBA horizontal, always the same results.
CUBIS tank is a badly designed concept.
[Image: banner.png?p=26_1_2014____30.4375__30.43...8B0_004487]
(06-11-2016, 08:18 AM)pastech Wrote:  
(02-21-2016, 02:35 PM)HotPeppahs Wrote:  Just upgraded from the Tron S to the Cubis for my VTC Mini. The prebuilt coils are cheaper, the vape has more flavor, filling is super easy, and it looks real sleek.
嗯
You must be the ONLY person who thinks this (unless you either work for Joyetech, or they paid you for this comment!
I have Mega tank, Tron-S tank, and Cubis.
Cubis always gives me spitback, coils flood, and juice starts boiling in coil.
I have tried SS-0.5, SS-0.6, SS-1.0 NC-0.25, RBA vertical, RBA horizontal, always the same results.
CUBIS tank is a badly designed concept.

There is a learning curve you must overcome for all the tanks/devices. I've had my Crown give me a huge leak right onto my pants when I vaped it while driving down the road (don't vape and drive). I've had some problems with flooding and spitback with cubis, but i've learned how to use it and have overcome those problems. I LOVE my cubis, running on a eVic-VTC Mini in Power mode 12W to a Clapton coil.
I had also spitting with the Cubis, plus the shelf life of my coils was very short. It seems Joyetech has updated the wicking on the coils in the meantime, and now I read a lot of good comments. It does not necessarily be someone is paid for commenting.
I still get a little spit back on the 0.5 coil, but I reduce that by sticking a Q Tip down the barrel before I put the cap on, then i swing the unit upside down to let gravity put the excess juice onto the Q-tip. This method really reduces the spit back but i still use a paper towel for the first draw or two to wipe the juice off my tongue. SS316 0.5 and the RBA are my favorite coils and I'll say it again, I LOVE my Cubis. But I love my Crown too. 微笑
I am using it with the RBA and get acceptable spit back (aka little), so I know it is possible to make these coils well enough. But I stronly suggest Joyetech closing the two small bottom holes for horizontal builds, either have a seperate RBA for horizontal or include a plug to insert.

I did not try the newer silver pack coils, though.
I've been using the cubis for a few weeks now, the .5 coil it came with was awful, spitting and gurgling and burnt within a few hours. That coil was in a black plastic with a clear front. I ordered some new .5 coils and they are the new ones, silver foil blister pack type. They have bigger juice holes and they are a big improvement.

My only complaint about the cubis, is it gets way to hot when in use.
Cuboid + Cubis
It really does, I concur.
(06-13-2016, 10:50 PM)peter-k Wrote:  It really does, I concur.

I wonder if it's because the air vents are covered and not able to pull enough air in. With the new cubis pro the air vents are not covered by the top cap.
Cuboid + Cubis