Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUBIS RBA head Slideshow

i'm still waiting on mine to come can't wait to see how it vapes. just wish i knew when it will ship. this was a good video but wish it would have shown how it vapes .
(02-16-2016, 01:15 PM)bey1012 Wrote:  i'm still waiting on mine to come can't wait to see how it vapes. just wish i knew when it will ship. this was a good video but wish it would have shown how it vapes .
cool, please let us know how it works for you once you have it. 微笑
(02-16-2016, 02:51 PM)Kermit Wrote:  
(02-16-2016, 01:15 PM)bey1012 Wrote:  i'm still waiting on mine to come can't wait to see how it vapes. just wish i knew when it will ship. this was a good video but wish it would have shown how it vapes .
cool, please let us know how it works for you once you have it. 微笑

yes i will just hope i don't have to wait to long
ok so i have had my cubis with the BF-RBA for some time now 微笑 and boy was it a learning curve to make coils for it 舌 there are some pros and cons and it could be improved on. it is for someone who likes to make coils and has the time or used as a back up when out of normal coils 舌 the things i have learned are as follows:

1. the vertical and horizontal coils that come with the RBA work great and wish i had more but don't 舌 what i do have is 24g, 26g and 30g wire and find the 26g is the size to go with on a 7/64 drill bit at 7 wraps (.61ohm). the diameter of the coil will be slightly bigger after it is wrapped on the 7/16 drill bit just under 1/8. is also close to 2.5mm

2. i have used a lot of wire trying to find the best way to utilize the airflow design of the cubis tank and come close (keeping the ohms to about .5 to 1 ohm). it helps to have Ceramic Vape Tweezers and a RDA base to heat and shape the coils or can just make spaced coils. it also helps to wrap the cotton when the coil is on a drill bit or can just stuff it in.
A. the first one i tryed was a wide diameter 3/16 bit with 26g vertical coil fitting as much cotton as i could in it. i was getting too many dry hits would have worked if i got the cotton right.
B. vertical parallel 28g with 1/8 bit 3 wraps this coil made the tank get too hot but vaped great :p
C. now the one that might work if getting it right is a stove top coil. i however was close but failed the key is surface area and i did not make the coil wide enough. it would work because the cotton is under the coil and airflow is on top. it was working for me but was flooding faster than i could heat it 悲伤 . this is why can't wait to get my hands on the Wismec NotchCoil to see how it performs in the RBA 眨眼

3. when putting the coil in just tighten the screw to hold the coil in place. i find that loosing and tightening the screw is easier when put on the chimney, less likely to strip it and gives you more to hold on too. i have already striped the screw before i started putting the RBA on the chimney and have to remember where i put my spare lol. how ever it seems that a lot of people have striped the screw and this is something that need to be fixed. could make the RBA work the same way the delta II coil heads works, talking about how the coil is installed.

4. lastly i have to say it's great to have微笑 there are no dry hits or gurgling when the coil and cotton are installed right. it is also cheap less then $4 depending where you get it. i'm glad i have it because the only way to get BF coils is if i order them and my local vape shops don't sell them悲伤
i hope this tips/ tricks/ review was helpful 微笑
(02-16-2016, 11:12 AM)Kermit Wrote:  

Hey Kermit,

Do you know what the coil/wire that's included in RBA kit is? Stainless steel or kanthal? I've been rebuilding with the vertical and horizontal that are included in the RBA Kit and it works great, however I just recently ordered some 24G Kanthal wire and rebuilt the RBA. It worked however the rubber silicon ring immediately started to burn from the wire. I didn't experience this with the coils that were included in the RBA kit, only a coil that I made from kanthal. I'm using the RBA on the cubis.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
its a clapton bro
[Image: ?banner=14409]
still a guest? want to register?  CLICK HERE
(06-30-2016, 09:00 AM)xrade Wrote:  Do you know what the coil/wire that's included in RBA kit is?  Stainless steel or kanthal?  I've been rebuilding with the vertical and horizontal that are included in the RBA Kit and it works great, however I just recently ordered some 24G Kanthal wire and rebuilt the RBA.  It worked however the rubber silicon ring immediately started to burn from the wire.  I didn't experience this with the coils that were included in the RBA kit, only a coil that I made from kanthal.  I'm using the RBA on the cubis.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yep, as Fryle said it's Kanthal. The rubber insulator on the bottom is really a bit heat sensitive. You should use a wire which needs lesser watts. 24g produces a lot of heat and is more suited for build decks where the coils are open, not the screw-in coil head type. Or, if you insist in 24g try SS or Ti and vaping in TC, and don't set it above 260 C / 500 F. Another thing would be enlarging the juice ports yourself (drilling).
I personally also suggest not going below 0.4 ohm with the RBA and the Cubis. It really gets damn hot.
below 0.4ohms can say bye bye to your battery for few weeks bro...

maybe change 24g to less producer of heat... or maybe tc mode to control heat pressure and less wattage release
[Image: ?banner=14409]
still a guest? want to register?  CLICK HERE