Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuboid display problem
I received the Cuboid today but unfortunately , the unit isn’t working correctly.

The problem is as follows:
I have put fully charge batteries (LG 30A) in the unit and made some setting, so far everything fine.
Now I put the unit to lock using pressing 5 times the fire button now when unlocking but pressing the fire button the unit unlocks but the display stays off and can’t be turned on.
I have tried playing with stealth mode etc. also tried the firmware upgrade from the Joyetech website, then the display turns on.
But when locking it again the problem occurs again.
When the screen is off even plugin the USB cable will not show the "battery indicators"

So this unit can’t really be used as the only way of finding whether the unit is turn on is by pressing the fire button until I can hear the coil heating.

I did try upgrade and downgrade the firmware via the firmware tool but so far no succes.
(02-13-2016, 03:38 AM)Xtra Wrote:  I received the Cuboid today  but unfortunately  , the unit isn’t working correctly.

I have put fully charge batteries (LG 30A)  in the unit and made some setting, so far everything fine.
Now I put the unit to lock using pressing 5 times the fire button now when unlocking but pressing the fire button the unit unlocks but the display stays off and can’t be turned on.
I have tried playing with stealth mode etc. also tried the firmware upgrade from the Joyetech website, then the display turns on.
When the screen is off even plugin the USB cable will not show the "battery indicators"

So this unit can’t really be used as the only way of finding whether the unit is turn on is by pressing the fire button until I can hear the coil heating.

I did try upgrade and downgrade the firmware via the firmware tool but so far no succes.

pressing button 5 times turns it off and on. to turn stealth on or off hold fire button and down button at same time. when in stealth mode display stays off when holding the fire button in. press fire button once to see display or up and down button. 微笑
(02-14-2016, 07:24 AM)bey1012 Wrote:  
(02-13-2016, 03:38 AM)Xtra Wrote:  I received the Cuboid today  but unfortunately  , the unit isn’t working correctly.

I have put fully charge batteries (LG 30A)  in the unit and made some setting, so far everything fine.

pressing button 5 times turns it off and on. to turn stealth on or off hold fire button and down button at same time. when in stealth mode display stays off when holding the fire button in. press fire button once to see display or up and down button. 微笑

That's clear, works just als the previous mod's but in this case the display never turns on again.
Problem is even worse then before, even when the box is unlocked, stealth mode off etc. and the display goes off it will not turn on unless I connect it to a computer and run the update tool then it turns on with the settings made earlier.
Even when connecting it to the pc or wall outlet it doesn't show the battery status.
Hope get an answer from Joyetech soon.

Same batteries other cuboid works just fine.
(02-16-2016, 02:18 AM)Xtra Wrote:  
(02-14-2016, 07:24 AM)bey1012 Wrote:  

That's clear, works just als the previous mod's but in this case the display never turns on again.
Problem is even worse then before, even when the box is unlocked, stealth mode off etc. and the display goes off it will not turn on unless I connect it to a computer and run the update tool then it turns on with the settings made earlier.
Even when connecting it to the pc or wall outlet it doesn't show the battery status.
Hope get an answer from Joyetech soon.

Same batteries other cuboid works just fine.

well hope you get some help from joyetech i think it might be a software problem or a short somewhere in the wiring

Dear Xtra, sorry for the trouble. Kindly please send me the S/N and security code via email (kermit.li@joyetech.com). We'll check then.
(02-16-2016, 10:44 AM)Kermit Wrote:  

Dear Xtra, sorry for the trouble. Kindly please send me the S/N and security code via email (kermit.li@joyetech.com). We'll check then.

Thanks Kermit, email send
夸奖 
After providing the correct information, I received the news that Joyetech will send a replacement Cuboid.
That's great customer service ! Thanks Joyetech and Kermit 大咧嘴
(02-17-2016, 01:43 AM)Xtra Wrote:  After providing the correct information, I received the news that Joyetech will send a replacement Cuboid.
That's great customer service ! Thanks Joyetech and Kermit 大咧嘴

Just received the replacement Cuboid, great customer service !
Hi I have the same problem... there is no more display after a firmware update!!! i have been lovong my cuboid for a over a month now and I decided to do the firmware update to 3.11 and now the computer doesn't even recognize the usb anymore. when i plug in the wall charger, still nothing on the screen. please help!
(04-04-2016, 07:31 AM)andreg Wrote:  Hi I have the same problem...  there is no more display after a firmware update!!!  i have been lovong my cuboid for a over a month now and I decided to do the firmware update to 3.11 and now the computer doesn't even recognize the usb anymore. when i plug in the wall charger, still nothing on the screen.  please help!

Please take off battery and connect to PC again, long press "-"button to get it back.