Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubis Spitting Constantly
(04-19-2016, 02:33 PM)FixYourLan Wrote:  Ceramic wicked coils can be washed and dry burned, they also recover from dry burn and over powering, since there is no cotton by the coil to burn.  There is a youtube video, but its in German, of a guy washing and dry burning a ccell coil.

Have you tried any ceramic coils, your going to see a lot of them this year!

I'll look for the Youtribe video, I am German. Thanks 想法
(04-11-2016, 04:33 PM)nads Wrote:  Are you using the coils that came with the cubis? If so ditch them, seems a lot of ppl have had issues with these.

Otherwise check the drip tip base to make sure its tight. When just over 1/4 turn loose it can cause spitting, from personal experience.

Incidentally I am using the clapton coil but had the same issue with the 1 ohm. I was having the opposite issue, dry hits.  After loosening the drip tip base 1/4 to 1/2 turn it flooded bad and spat at me. However once I found the sweet spot (tightened then backed off a little) it worked great.  Good Luck!
I believe this may be correct, i.e. the cap of the tank. When I filled my tank I had been tightening it just to the point I feel resistance. This time I tried tightening the cap firmly and this coil quit gurgling and no spitback. could it be just that?
(04-19-2016, 02:33 PM)FixYourLan Wrote:  
(04-18-2016, 05:55 PM)peter-k Wrote:  
(04-18-2016, 01:48 PM)FixYourLan Wrote:  Joyetech needs a Ceramic wicked coils for the Cubis and the AIO very soon to make up for the coils they have now!

Ceramic, that may be only an intermediate solution. The real solution would a heating element with integrated wicking that just can be rinsed and washed with water.

Ceramic wicked coils can be washed and dry burned, they also recover from dry burn and over powering, since there is no cotton by the coil to burn.  There is a youtube video, but its in German, of a guy washing and dry burning a ccell coil.

How's taste of eCell coil, does it happen initial vaping taste are excellent, then coil itselt got too hot and changed the flavor?As you known, ceramic coil accumlating heat when after chain vaping. Heat transportation is slower than normal coil.
(04-25-2016, 01:24 PM)vapormaker Wrote:  
(04-19-2016, 02:33 PM)FixYourLan Wrote:  
(04-18-2016, 05:55 PM)peter-k Wrote:  
(04-18-2016, 01:48 PM)FixYourLan Wrote:  Joyetech needs a Ceramic wicked coils for the Cubis and the AIO very soon to make up for the coils they have now!

Ceramic, that may be only an intermediate solution. The real solution would a heating element with integrated wicking that just can be rinsed and washed with water.

Ceramic wicked coils can be washed and dry burned, they also recover from dry burn and over powering, since there is no cotton by the coil to burn.  There is a youtube video, but its in German, of a guy washing and dry burning a ccell coil.

How's taste of eCell coil, does it  happen initial vaping taste are excellent, then coil itselt got too hot and changed the flavor?As you known, ceramic coil accumlating heat when after chain vaping. Heat transportation is slower than normal coil.
cCell coil is one of my favorite coils they last a very long time & I don't think you can beat the flavor even chain vaping & yes for me the drawback is the vape is not warm it is a cooler vape

SOLUTION FOUND - THIS WORKS - PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

I was facing the same issue with my CUBIS when using the provided RBA Heads and 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5 ohm Heads.
I was getting serious amounts of Hot Oil Spitting at me through the mouthpiece. It was very unpleasant.

How did i fix this?

Follow the steps below. Follow this process to set up your tank every time and you wont have any issues.

STEP 1: Put a 2-3 drops of ejuice in middle hole for 1.0, and 1.5 ohm heads or put 3-5 drops of ejuice on cotton for 0.5 ohm and RBA Heads (to prevent dry burn)
STEP 2: Fill tank a BELOW max fill line (IMPORTANT)
STEP 3: Screw the atomizer tube to the tank base and connect to eVic or which ever MOD you are using
STEP 4: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles form from air pockets.
STEP 5: Take 10 dry hits (1 sec each) without firing the coils
STEP 6: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles from air pockets.
STEP 7: Take 10 quick 1 second puffs with power this time (this will help the new coil heat up)
STEP 8: Take 5 dry hits (1 sec each) without firing the coils
STEP 9: Take 5 quick 2-3 second puffs with power this time (you will taste the flavor better now)
*Some times i repeat STEPS 7-8 a sew more times.

NOTE: I follow these steps every time i install a new head or reinstall a rebuilt RBA.
When i top up the tank with more ejuice (without changing head) i follow steps 2-9 only.

The above steps have been taken from Dwaine Adkin's "Joyetech Cubis new coil setup" video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yHbaNG-Vqw

Sounds funny but this works!

Guys this tutorial works!!!

I was facing the same issue with my CUBIS when using the provided RBA Heads and 0.5, 1.0, and 1.5 ohm Heads.
I was getting serious amounts of Hot Oil Spitting at me through the mouthpiece. It was very unpleasant.

How did i fix this?

Follow the steps below. Follow this process to set up your tank every time and you wont have any issues.

STEP 1: Put a 2-3 drops of ejuice in middle hole for 1.0, and 1.5 ohm heads or put 3-5 drops of ejuice on cotton for 0.5 ohm and RBA Heads (to prevent dry burn)
STEP 3: Screw the atomizer tube to the tank base and connect to eVic or which ever MOD you are using
STEP 4: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles form from air pockets.
STEP 6: Turn tank upside down and right side up few times you will see bubbles from air pockets.
STEP 7: Take 10 quick 1 second puffs with power this time (this will help the new coil heat up)
STEP 9: Take 5 quick 2-3 second puffs with power this time (you will taste the flavor better now)

NOTE: I follow these steps every time i install a new head or reinstall a rebuilt RBA.
When i top up the tank with more ejuice (without changing head) i follow steps 2-9 only.

The above steps have been taken from Dwaine Adkin's "Joyetech Cubis new coil setup" video:

(04-30-2016, 03:13 PM)Dash Wrote:  SOLUTION FOUND - THIS WORKS - PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.

How did i fix this?

NOTE:  I follow these steps every time i install a new head or reinstall a rebuilt RBA.

I tried all that, step by step. I tried it with 0.5 coil, RBA head and the 0.25 Notch coil.
Still get lots of spit back, and flooding.
The only coils that don't flood or spitback are the 0.6 SS, 1.0 SS and 1.5 Clapton, and that's because they direct the airflow down the side of the coil head through a tiny opening, then the air travels under the coil, and back up through the center, to your mouth.
The 0.5 SS coil does not do this, the airflow simply hits the top of the coil, and goes back up to your mouth, so it NEVER actually passes through the coil at all, and so the coil wire at the bottom gets hotter than the top, and so, instead of vapourizing the juice, it starts to BOIL the juice at the bottom, because there's NO airflow at the bottom.

THIS IS A SERIOUS DESIGN FLAW, AND JOYETECH NEEDS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.
[Image: banner.png?p=26_1_2014____30.4375__30.43...8B0_004487]
(06-21-2016, 04:59 AM)pastech Wrote:  I tried all that, step by step. I tried it with 0.5 coil, RBA head and the 0.25 Notch coil.
Still get lots of spit back, and flooding.
The only coils that don't flood or spitback are the 0.6 SS, 1.0 SS and 1.5 Clapton, and that's because they direct the airflow down the side of the coil head through a tiny opening, then the air travels under the coil, and back up through the center, to your mouth.
The 0.5 SS coil does not do this, the airflow simply hits the top of the coil, and goes back up to your mouth, so it NEVER actually passes through the coil at all, and so the coil wire at the bottom gets hotter than the top, and so, instead of vapourizing the juice, it starts to BOIL the juice at the bottom, because there's NO airflow at the bottom.

THIS IS A SERIOUS DESIGN FLAW, AND JOYETECH NEEDS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

Which is why the coil will be burned halfway soon.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=285]

The Cubis is aactually a very good tank. Why waste it's potential?
I have the Cubis tank and bought the new .25 notchcoils. I was having issues with it spitting. It seemed that the coil was flooding no matter whether it was just filled or almost empty. I was using it at 45W which is within the stated limits for the coil. I thought maybe turning up the wattage might help decrease the flooding issue and used it at 70W, but it actually made it worse. I turned down the wattage to 30W and the spitting and flooding seems to have stopped. I tried turning the wattage back up to 45W and it didn't take long for the flooding and spitting to return. Seems for me at least that the sweet spot is 30W.
(04-19-2016, 06:43 PM)CosmicTruth Wrote:  
(04-11-2016, 04:33 PM)nads Wrote:  Are you using the coils that came with the cubis? If so ditch them, seems a lot of ppl have had issues with these.

Otherwise check the drip tip base to make sure its tight. When just over 1/4 turn loose it can cause spitting, from personal experience.

Incidentally I am using the clapton coil but had the same issue with the 1 ohm. I was having the opposite issue, dry hits.  After loosening the drip tip base 1/4 to 1/2 turn it flooded bad and spat at me. However once I found the sweet spot (tightened then backed off a little) it worked great.  Good Luck!
I believe this may be correct, i.e. the cap of the tank. When I filled my tank I had been tightening it just to the point I feel resistance. This time I tried tightening the cap firmly and this coil quit gurgling and no spitback. could it be just that?
Very interesting but yes, same here, if I undertight, it spits, if, like lock tight no spit at all.. could it be that easy???