Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuboid Temperature Control problem
(02-03-2016, 06:43 PM)peter-k Wrote:  
(02-03-2016, 06:04 PM)FixYourLan Wrote:  
(02-03-2016, 02:47 PM)peter-k Wrote:  92 with 28 ga 0.73 ohm coil on eVic Mini, on top Mega tank. I use it at 240 C and 20 W. Try lowering your wattage.

This thread was referring to equipment you don't even have knowledge of so why comment!

Ok, sorry no problem.

Hey Peter, sorry i jumped on you like that, my blood sugar must have been out of wack last night, which puts me in a very bad mood!  I refrain from commenting on problems unless I own the very equipment that someone is having problems with and that I have experienced myself, or can duplicate myself.  

As for the TCR of 92 for ss316, yes it should be, but with a stock cubis .5 ss316 coil it just don't work and I still don't understand why, its the same on the cuboid and the vtc-mini, but the ss316 setting works just fine, so I will wait on my cubis RBA and build a SS 316 coil in it and try TCR again. Guess I could build one in my Kanger subtank RBA and give it a try!
For me it's just the other way around, TCR 92 works well and the TC SS316 does not work well, cold vape (eVic Mini + Mega tank). I should get the Cubis today or tomorrow, that's why I was following the posts. Talk to you later.
(02-04-2016, 06:14 AM)FixYourLan Wrote:  
(02-03-2016, 02:47 PM)peter-k Wrote:  92 with 28 ga 0.73 ohm coil on eVic Mini, on top Mega tank. I use it at 240 C and 20 W. Try lowering your wattage.

This thread was referring to equipment you don't even have knowledge of so why comment!

Ok, sorry no problem.

Hey Peter, sorry i jumped on you like that, my blood sugar must have been out of wack last night, which puts me in a very bad mood!  I refrain from commenting on problems unless I own the very equipment that someone is having problems with and that I have experienced myself, or can duplicate myself.  

As for the TCR of 92 for ss316, yes it should be, but with a stock cubis .5 ss316 coil it just don't work and I still don't understand why, its the same on the cuboid and the vtc-mini, but the ss316 setting works just fine, so I will wait on my cubis RBA and build a SS 316 coil in it and try TCR again. Guess I could build one in my Kanger subtank RBA and give it a try!

Yea at TCR 92 with BF 0.5 just a bit of warm moist air. At TCR ~ 130 it is much better but a lot of sizzeling like the sunny side up in a frying pan.

Did you notice the card they include in the box? Vaping experience 0.5 ohm in TC 2 out of 5, the 1 ohm one has all 5. I think that is Joyetech way of telling us, please use the 0.5 coil in Power Mode, and the 1 ohm coil in TC or TCR.
(02-05-2016, 04:05 PM)peter-k Wrote:  
(02-04-2016, 06:14 AM)FixYourLan Wrote:  

Ok, sorry no problem.

Yea at TCR 92 with BF 0.5 just a bit of warm moist air. At TCR ~ 130 it is much better but a lot of sizzeling like the sunny side up in a frying pan.

Did you notice the card they include in the box? Vaping experience 0.5 ohm in TC 2 out of 5, the 1 ohm one has all 5. I think that is Joyetech way of telling us, please use the 0.5 coil in Power Mode, and the 1 ohm coil in TC or TCR.

well good to know i'm not crazy that tcr=92 with the .5 cubis coil is not the same as the ss316 profile and probably why no one from Joyetech will tell me what they are using for the TCR in the ss316 profile or any of the profiles.  

I'm mainly using the cubis on the cuboid's ss316 profile @32w using 480F when it just starts up from being cold, then increasing to about 500F after a few vapes, then its fine, nice and smooth with no crackles.  I get a little coil flooding when refilling each time,  after a few draws it always goes away till you open it again to refill.  Its fairly much the same on the cuboid and the vtc-mini, but the cuboid is smoother in temp mode.  I have used the cuboid for a week now with the same settings and just lowering the temp about 30F deg when its cold for 3-6 draws then increasing it to about 500F as it warms up, then its all good till you let it cool off,  the mini's are about the same but lower settings, about 30w and 450-470F.

Let me know your settings for your mini that work for you and I will give them a try.
The same with the BF 1 ohm, SS good but TCR needs higher value.
(02-05-2016, 10:33 PM)peter-k Wrote:  The same with the BF 1 ohm, SS good but TCR needs higher value.

What are your other settings, watts and temp?
(02-06-2016, 01:22 AM)FixYourLan Wrote:  
(02-05-2016, 10:33 PM)peter-k Wrote:  The same with the BF 1 ohm, SS good but TCR needs higher value.

What are your other settings, watts and temp?

I am using the BF 1 ohm at 250 C / 480 F and 20 W.
I had 240 C and 28 W with the BF 0.5 ohm.

To me the two coils are clearly different application and cater to different preferences. The 1 ohm coil is clearly a medium draw M2L. It has great flavour and some cloud. The 0.5 ohm coil likes to be drawn harder, somewhat a little more into the lung, semi-lung so to say. To my experience it sacrifices some of the flavour for a bigger and denser cloud. Well, I only tried with one flavour but that is the result I've got with that one.

For me personally I do like the 1 ohm. It draws very smooth, has dense flavour but not dense cloud. I love that.
Gents, I just watched the Cuboid review from djlsbvapes. For accurate temperatures with 316L SS, he recommends setting the TCR value to 0108, and then the temps are pretty much bang on perfect with the temp you set.