Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuboid Temperature Control problem
Bug 
Hello everybody,

I have bought a Cuboid that developed a problem after 2 weeks of normal use.
All of a sudden in all TC modes the displayed locked resistance changes a lot, 20-30 percent,  when firing and the vape temperature is not stable.

The firmware version is v3.10, I tried to downgrade to v3.00 abd reflash v3.10

The 510 pin and threads have been thoroughly cleaned with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol, and In VW mode the displayed resistance doesn't move.

The batteries are new married LG HG2 always charged externally on a Nitecore D4.

I tried different atomizers, with SS316, NI and TI new premade head coils to be sure it's not a fauty atty or coil build.

My local vendor insists this TC issue is normal and he doesn't want to replace my faulty unit until he doesn't have confirmation that it has a problem from someone knowledgeable, as if I wasn't enough, but wants me to look for confirmation myself.

I have two videos to show to you.

The first shows the locked resistance changing when firing in all 3 TC modes:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3YoTppnL9RGMDlhSWUzc1J6b3c/view?usp=docslist_api

The second shows TC working perfectly with 2 of the same atomizers on a eVic-VT, as obviously the Cubis with SS316 coil won't work on the eVic-VT in TC mode:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3YoTppnL9RGNmRYZkVIUVczRzQ/view?usp=docslist_api

I didn't bother to film it, but the same happens in manual TCR mode.

Would anybody with some clout be so kind to state in an answer to this post that a so large variation in a locked resistance is not normal for the Cuboid, or any other good TC device for that matter?

Thank you a lot for your help!

Nicholas Cianfanelli
Hey, actually the Cuboid (also including the eVic-VTC Mini) has live resistance which shows the actual ohm reading whiling using. And yes, temperature is changing. When you fire it, temperature rises up. When it stops, temperature goes down.
Try 260C @32w on the cubis with a ss316 .5 coil. Mine goes between about .50 and .80  @500F @32W using the SS316 profile and vapes really good like that! smooth and no pulsing. Maybe try a new coil, when they get gunked up or you have burned the cotton in vw mode using too high a wattage testing it, they get yucky and don't produce much vape!!  Firing them without drawing like you did in the videos will cause them to gunk up too!

One more thing you were testing the cuboid at 30w and the evic at 40w, so not really a fair comparison! That does make a difference even in temp mode!

I think the evic firmware is not the same as the vtc-mini and the cuboid, and does not show the real time resistance change in TC mode, I don't have a evic so I am not positive, but I seem to remember reading that somewhere!  My vtc-minis do show real time changes like the cuboid even when locked, which the lock only locks the cold base resistance of the coil and should only be locked when it at room temp, not while you have been firing it, or it will be too high causing it to not be accurate in temp mode!
夸奖 
Hello Kermit and FixYourLan, and thanks a lot for appeasing my doubts.

I was a bit worried because since I skipped a generation of Joyetech chips, going directly from the eVic-VT to the Cuboid, I humbly admit that I wasn't prepared to see so big a resistance change with a TCR coefficient of 0.00092 for SS316 and a bit of anxiety set in.

You see, in theory if we posit a temperature change from 31°C ambient (that's what it reads when cold) to 250°C TC limit a generic engineer would go like this:
(250-25)*0.00092=0.207 ohm resistance change from cold to vaping temperature.

I guess that to make TC work with a so small TCR coefficient some data massaging has to happen in the chip's calculation, and I was probably a bit too stuck in the theory  大咧嘴
Thanks a lot for not giving me the bashing I probably deserved  脸红

Thanks again for your sound advice and best wishes for the new year  眨眼

Nico
Nico,
 I too tried the TCR of 92 and got no vape,  mine needs about 120-140 to work like the ss316 profile, I have asked Kermit in another post what the built in profiles of the cuboid use for TCR setting and have not heard back yet!  Hopefully he will get the info from the firmware developers and let us know whats going on with that.
92 works for me.
(02-03-2016, 02:10 PM)peter-k Wrote:  92 works for me.

Peter is that on a cuboid and cubis with BF ss316 .5 coil.  I have tried new coils, and on both my vtc-minis with the same result, no vape, just hear a small startup sizzle then nothing. If I set the tcr over 120 it works just fine on all of them, even a different cubis!  
92 with 28 ga 0.73 ohm coil on eVic Mini, on top Mega tank. I use it at 240 C and 20 W. Try lowering your wattage.
(02-03-2016, 02:47 PM)peter-k Wrote:  92 with 28 ga 0.73 ohm coil on eVic Mini, on top Mega tank. I use it at 240 C and 20 W. Try lowering your wattage.

This thread was referring to equipment you don't even have knowledge of so why comment!
(02-03-2016, 06:04 PM)FixYourLan Wrote:  
(02-03-2016, 02:47 PM)peter-k Wrote:  92 with 28 ga 0.73 ohm coil on eVic Mini, on top Mega tank. I use it at 240 C and 20 W. Try lowering your wattage.

This thread was referring to equipment you don't even have knowledge of so why comment!

Ok, sorry no problem.