Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Cuboid and Cubis
悲伤 
Hi - I'm new to vaping (since the beginning of 2016), after 30 years of smoking! Basically I'm new to vaping, so likely ignorant to what I may be doing wrong!

I received a Cuboid and Cubis today, given some of the great reviews I've watch on YouTube. I started with a Kangertech, but got very frustrated with the leaking, hence the Cubis!

I'm using the Cuboid with the Cubis and 0.5 OHM Joyetech coils. After soaking the coil (80/20 VG/PG) then trying it on the stainless steel settings out of the box, the coil pretty much burnt from the first vape. I had a second Cubis that I used on my Kangertech using a Clapton coil and that burnt (also soaked) as well. So far, on my first evening of trying my new ecig I've used about 5 coils. What am I doing wrong!!??

What should the ideal setting for the Cuboid be using standard 0.5 OHM coils. I've set the power to 30 watts now to see if that makes a difference.

Also, is there a way to set the temp to F rather than C?

Thanks.

P.S. As I said, I'm a newbie, so please excuse my ignorance!
The atomizer is brand new and is completely dry, please drip 2-3 tips liquid on the atomizer head first.
Also, kindly suggest you wait about 1-2 minutes after injecting the liquid and inhale 2-3 times without pressing the battery button to let e-liquid get in.
(01-28-2016, 01:08 PM)Kermit Wrote:  The atomizer is brand new and is completely dry, please drip 2-3 tips liquid on the atomizer head first.
Also, kindly suggest you wait about 1-2 minutes after injecting the liquid and inhale 2-3 times without pressing the battery button to let e-liquid get in.

Kermit that's what he meant with soaking.

(01-28-2016, 12:15 PM)djwixx Wrote:  Hi - I'm new to vaping (since the beginning of 2016), after 30 years of smoking! Basically I'm new to vaping, so likely ignorant to what I may be doing wrong!

I received a Cuboid and Cubis today, given some of the great reviews I've watch on YouTube. I started with a Kangertech, but got very frustrated with the leaking, hence the Cubis!

I'm using the Cuboid with the Cubis and 0.5 OHM Joyetech coils. After soaking the coil (80/20 VG/PG) then trying it on the stainless steel settings out of the box, the coil pretty much burnt from the first vape. I had a second Cubis that I used on my Kangertech using a Clapton coil and that burnt (also soaked) as well. So far, on my first evening of trying my new ecig I've used about 5 coils. What am I doing wrong!!??

What should the ideal setting for the Cuboid be using standard 0.5 OHM coils. I've set the power to 30 watts now to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

Yes there is. Set it to the max temperature, in the next step it will change to F.

Device off press + and fire buttons at the same time for 8 seconds. In the screen you see now you may set one of the memory locations to 92. Now confirm by long-pressing the fire button. Boot up again and try 20 W at 460 F, make sure your device is set to the same memory location.
(01-28-2016, 02:26 PM)peter-k Wrote:  
(01-28-2016, 01:08 PM)Kermit Wrote:  The atomizer is brand new and is completely dry, please drip 2-3 tips liquid on the atomizer head first.

(01-28-2016, 12:15 PM)djwixx Wrote:  Hi - I'm new to vaping (since the beginning of 2016), after 30 years of smoking! Basically I'm new to vaping, so likely ignorant to what I may be doing wrong!

Thanks.

Yes there is. Set it to the max temperature, in the next step it will change to F.

Device off press + and fire buttons at the same time for 8 seconds. In the screen you see now you may set one of the memory locations to 92. Now confirm by long-pressing the fire button. Boot up again and try 20 W at 460 F, make sure your device is set to the same memory location.

Great - thanks. So M1,M2 and M3 are memory locations? Is there any logic to what 92 means? If I understand correctly, setting the temp and power then saving to M1, will then default the values I chose, assuming I set the mode to TCR M1?
(01-28-2016, 02:51 PM)djwixx Wrote:  
(01-28-2016, 02:26 PM)peter-k Wrote:  

Thanks.

Great - thanks. So M1,M2 and M3 are memory locations? Is there any logic to what 92 means? If I understand correctly, setting the temp and power then saving to M1, will then default the values I chose, assuming I set the mode to TCR M1?
The youtube video below actually resolved my issue, after getting close to giving up on the Cuboid. I love the Cubis, which has removed my frustration with leaking tanks.
https://youtu.be/-yHbaNG-Vqw